-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by ash01
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those who received the acceptance phone call - did your status change on AADDAS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm the south, interviewed with the last interview group in November, no call. [emoji17]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Accepted!! I'm OOS
Just got the call!
Are you on the west coast? Edit: CONGRATS! lolJust got the call!
East coast.Are you on the west coast? Edit: CONGRATS! lol
Received a call 20mins ago! ACCEPTED !
I am the exact same way. I've lost all my hopeI didn't get a call either 🙁 and UNE was also my only interview. No post-December interviews yet as well, so I'm really bummed. I hope they extend more in the coming days.
5
577455
I've been accepted at my top choice, but I'm surprised UNE didn't call me. I thought my interview went really well. Anyways, this is a great program. Good luck to everyone!
Just received a call that I was accepted! I was part of the November 17th interview. Stay positive!
Does anyone know how late they call today? Congrats to everyone accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone from Maine get a call?
I'm from Maine, nothing yet.Did anyone from Maine get a call?
First of all, congrats to everyone who got accepted. My question is, do they just call you without email notifications? I am travelling in Korea so I can't answer my phone nor access my tmobile voicemail. Did your status on AADSAS change or did they send you an email message with a phone call? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't do anything before I know what's going on :S
5
577455
I've been accepted at my top choice, but I'm surprised UNE didn't call me. I thought my interview went really well. Anyways, this is a great program. Good luck to everyone!
Looks like I was accepted!! Just got the call from Dr. Ryder around 3:45PM. I was really impressed with this program. I'm confident that in a few years UNE will emerge as one of the best dental schools in the country.
Congrats! When did they call you?Got the ultimate call lol...accepted
Thank you, and in the last hourCongrats! When did they call you?
What does it mean if we didn't get a call or a rejection?
A friend of mine (Currently in the UNE dental program) said that they continue to call or email individuals all the way into the summer if that offers anyone any comfort.
What makes you say that?Doesn't look like they are sending out any more acceptances anytime soon
previous threads. people only talk about post dec 1 acceptances in January or way laterWhat makes you say that?
I received a missed call yesterday but got my acceptance letter today!
What does it mean if we didn't get a call or a rejection?
Same question, with a big addition: What does it mean if we didn't get a call or rejection... and never even got the secondary?
I'm from Maine and I was accepted yesterday 12/1.Just wondering are the people who got accepted from new England or east coast ? What about the people with no calls ? I'm west coast
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted Friday morning via email! Great school and interview experience but I do not think I will be attending - hopefully that will open up a spot for one of you guys!!
Your username is pure gold!I'm from Maine and I was accepted yesterday 12/1.
Thoughts about attending UNE if considering a specialty?
Also, I am wondering if the 4th year off-site rotations would allow us to learn just as much as being in the dental school clinic?
Also, I am wondering if the 4th year off-site rotations would allow us to learn just as much as being in the dental school clinic?
Thoughts about attending UNE if considering a specialty?
This was a big concern for me personally, because you would not have a GPA or a class rank included in your application for a speciality program and rather a holistic portfolio. I'm just not sure how competitive that would look for programs, considering UNE is a newer school (and their first class is currently applying for these specialty programs!), but that definitely depends on the type of student you are. Personally, I like receiving grades and feel confident that I would have a good GPA to include in my application, but other students might feel better represented by the portfolio that UNE would prepare for you.
But at the end of the day, as long as you are competent and motivated, you can make a specialty happen no matter what school you go to.
For those who interviewed, do they even send out rejections at this time? Waitlists? Anything? 😵 Not a fan of this unknown 
Thanks! Definitely True! I don't remember but is UNE on a pass/fail or letter grading scale?This was a big concern for me personally, because you would not have a GPA or a class rank included in your application for a speciality program and rather a holistic portfolio. I'm just not sure how competitive that would look for programs, considering UNE is a newer school (and their first class is currently applying for these specialty programs!), but that definitely depends on the type of student you are. Personally, I like receiving grades and feel confident that I would have a good GPA to include in my application, but other students might feel better represented by the portfolio that UNE would prepare for you.
But at the end of the day, as long as you are competent and motivated, you can make a specialty happen no matter what school you go to.
I haven't heard anything either! Based on previous threads, we won't hear anything until mid January🙁For those who interviewed, do they even send out rejections at this time? Waitlists? Anything? 😵 Not a fan of this unknown![]()
It's pass/failThanks! Definitely True! I don't remember but is UNE on a pass/fail or letter grading scale?
Just received an email inquiring if I was still interested in their program.
Same but I got accepted by CASE so I'm not going to reply.Just received an email inquiring if I was still interested in their program.
Same!Just received an email inquiring if I was still interested in their program.
Why would you not reply? I think it would be a good idea to at least reply that you are not interested so that they know and other people can have a chance. 😀Same but I got accepted by CASE so I'm not going to reply.
Me too! I hope this means good news for all of us!Same!
I also got the interested inquiry email as well. There's still hope?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got that letter I thought it was an acceptance letter , what a rollercoaster of emotions... lol but there is still hope for us all! good luck everyone
Yes, I believe I can speak on behalf of everyone.Did you all that received the email about if you were still interested already have an interview?
Did you all that received the email about if you were still interested already have an interview?
Yes, I believe I can speak on behalf of everyone.
NOPE!
edit: Misread @gator_guy. Proceed with your day and forget I said anything.
Good point haha it just says if you don't reply they will take it as not interested. I guess I should reply so things can keep moving.Why would you not reply? I think it would be a good idea to at least reply that you are not interested so that they know and other people can have a chance. 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K