**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

i didn't say i was entitled to an acceptance. read again!
Then quit filling the thread with comments like "not fair! no point in applying early!" and being all riled up over post-Dec interviewers getting accepted over you.

I understand your frustration because I am in the same boat as you (pre-Dec, interview went well, etc.) but blasting UDM like this is not only tasteless but incredibly disrespectful to the school and us, your fellow peers/applicants.

Be content and humbled with even being invited for an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was also put on the wait list. I interviewed on the 6th. I hope there's lot of movement on this wait list bc I really did love this school!!! I'm out of state so we shall see

Then quit filling the thread with comments like "not fair! no point in applying early!" and being all riled up over post-Dec interviewers getting accepted over you.

Be content and humbled with even being invited for an interview.

lol thanks for you advice. no need to be aggressive.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOOOOOOOOOOOL this escalated quickly

Lets just hope for a call next week. Patiently waiting.

anyone know if we can live in canada and commute to school? i heard some ppl do that...

anyone know if UDM places higher emphasis on DAT scores or GPA???

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if we can live in canada and commute to school? i heard some ppl do that...

My friend lives in Windsor and attends UDM, he told me it only takes him 10 mins to get to school everyday.
He does have a nexus pass though.

Reactions: 1 user
Ya they do, thats what the lady on the phone told me. The email just says that so we don't call in to find our ranking (source:admissions lady)

yea but I think those were the selected people that get accepted right after the interview rather than being on the waitlist first. They were the needle in a haystack that shined. The next official round of acceptances is early march. (source: admissions)
I heard the same thing as you

Has anyone been rejected after interviewing?

Has anyone been rejected after interviewing?
I know some people that have. I also know of a girl that got in after her post dec interview already, but it was because the school really wanted her, they don't do it for many students.

I think everyone needs to chilax and enjoy the ride.. cuz it is going to be a bumpy one. (been on the waitlist since december 1st) :)

Are the alternate list and waitlist the same? Can someone answer this question for me? Thanks.

I know some people that have. I also know of a girl that got in after her post dec interview already, but it was because the school really wanted her, they don't do it for many students.

she's got a scholarship or something?

My friend lives in Windsor and attends UDM, he told me it only takes him 10 mins to get to school everyday.
He does have a nexus pass though.

Does he ever have any trouble getting delayed at the border? Windsor is so close, but I wasn't sure how long it would take, every morning, to get across the border and to class.

Is living in Windsor while attending UDM workable, then?

any of the ones that you know who have gotten rejected post dec interviews?

Hey everyone I just want to pass along some news. Here is my situation, I was interviewed pre-December and waitlisted dec 3rd.

I called admissions today, and I politely pressured them to give me an answer bc I have to make a deposit at another school.

They said they are waiting for the people that were accepted dec 1st to make their second deposit, which is due by March first. Immediately after March 1st, the second wave of acceptances are going out for the people that are waitlisted.

Stay positive guys, and keep your heads up!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone I just want to pass along some news. Here is my situation, I was interviewed pre-December and waitlisted dec 3rd.

I called admissions today, and I politely pressured them to give me an answer bc I have to make a deposit at another school.

They said they are waiting for the people that were accepted dec 1st to make their second deposit, which is due by March first. Immediately after March 1st, the second wave of acceptances are going out for the people that are waitlisted.

My hero

Thank you so much, you are wonderful. You just saved me and some friends from extreme anxiety!!!

Thank you so much, you are wonderful. You just saved me and some friends from extreme anxiety!!!

You guys are so funny! I don't even know you guys and I like you guys a lot. :horns:

I mean everyone isn't rich, I'm working as a substitute teacher! Lol!

As for now, exercise to keep your minds off of this horrible waiting game.

So the exact day when they'll call is March 8th according to admissions.

2nd wave of acceptance... ? So what's the deal with them calling people last week?

Last edited:
2nd wave of acceptance... ? So what's the deal with them calling people last week?
Those were the exceptional kids (or thought matched the school's criteria the best) that interviewed recently, so the school offered them acceptances right off the bat without being put on the waitlist. I'd say a select few.

Last edited:
Every time someone here comments with a later date my heart stings Lmfaooo

Wait it out guys. It's not a fun game and I'm going through my second round of applications - UDM accepted me the MORNING classes started in 2014. Dr. Jeffers called me at 8:37am and asked me to be in Detroit by noon. It wasn't possible - I had a job contract signed and a whole lot of nonsense, and had to decline and that's why I'm back here in the application pool. But if you're set on UDM, I can reassure you from personal experience - it is NOT over until the day classes start.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait it out guys. It's not a fun game and I'm going through my second round of applications - UDM accepted me the MORNING classes started in 2014. Dr. Jeffers called me at 8:37am and asked me to be in Detroit by noon. It wasn't possible - I had a job contract signed and a whole lot of nonsense, and had to decline and that's why I'm back here in the application pool. But if you're set on UDM, I can reassure you from personal experience - it is NOT over until the day classes start.
Wow that is crazy!!! do you mind sharing your stats ?
Best of luck

Does anyone know what the scholarship offers have been?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does UDM send rejection letters to post dec interviews or just waitlists them?

Does UDM send rejection letters to post dec interviews or just waitlists them?

I know a few that got straight rejections after the interview but very little. I think the school waitlists pretty much most of their interviewees

Has anyone been offered a scholarship at UDM, and if so for how much?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app