University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Exactly! They accepted people with really lower status yesterday! If you see in Reddit some students that got accepted and shared their status!
I don't know if they just accepted the applicants with lower stats or not. I got accepted with 4.0GPA, 21AA (nothing below 20), and 2nd percent tile (the lowest in my application). I think the letter of rec, personal statements, why UDM, and any extracurricular activities also affect their decision as well

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if they just accepted the applicants with lower stats or not. I got accepted with 4.0GPA, 21AA (nothing below 20), and 2nd percent tile (the lowest in my application). I think the letter of rec, personal statements, why UDM, and any extracurricular activities also affect their decision as well
Were you in-state?

I agree with ToothMeow, I was accepted with a GPA about 3.85, similar DAT but a first percentile casper. It seems like they really did look at the application more holistically because my casper was really low and they took into account other things like why UDM and my dental experiences. I am a canadian applicant, but not sure if that had any impact on the decision. Any other Canadians that got accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when to write a letter of intent and if they can take people off the waitlist before January 15 ?

Reactions: 1 user
For what it's worth and for future applicants, we just published an interview with Dr. Chang:

I think the reason why I got accepted is that I used to take 20 credits per semester with 3 part-time jobs but was able to maintain my GPA. Also, I used to be an ocular recovery technician so I hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my seat. I hope someone on the waitlist will be hearing soon! Best of luck

Reactions: 6 users
Decided to decline my offer today, I hope this helps someone get in! Good luck everyone

I got an interview this morning from UDM (Canadian applicant) - from what I've read through this read the online assessment should be completed within the first 24 hours of the e-mail? Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview this morning from UDM (Canadian applicant) - from what I've read through this read the online assessment should be completed within the first 24 hours of the e-mail? Please let me know!
Yes!

Thank you! Also to those who recently got invited to a interview with UDM - do you also see "No available times"? Should I be contacting admissions about this or will more spots open soon?

Im not sure if anyone started a groupme for class of 2027 but I created one, if you guys could spread the link to other forums that'd be great!

Anybody know when UDM start moving the WAILIST?
I received an email asking about continued interest today. Maybe they will start sending out the second wave of acceptances soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone created a group me
Here it is

This is February. This month have to be a movement pf wailist in UDM according to the last application. Anybody get the call off of wailist.

I heard they called people off the waitlist today. Has anyone heard if the class if full or if they will still pull from the waitlist?

I heard they called people off the waitlist today. Has anyone heard if the class if full or if they will still pull from the waitlist?
got call at 2:36!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the people who got called today, did they mention anything about spots being open? Will they call more people throughout the week?

I am OOS and I got a call at around 11am today! They didn't mention anything about spots left or anything. I interviewed pre-dec and got placed on the waitlist on dec. 15th. Hope this helps!