***** The Official University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn this is ****en ridiculous...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
September 7, did you also receive an interview invitation? If yes, when are you interviewing?
I hope your interview went well. Could you tell us how the interview format was and how it was? Thank you!

when did you submit your application?
August 15th was complete status. They told me to go out and do some volunteer work and send them an update and I still need to do that. They really need to just accept me here.

August 15th was complete status. They told me to go out and do some volunteer work and send them an update and I still need to do that. They really need to just accept me here.
what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Got my interview invite on Friday 9/7. I'm in state.
Applied 6/22, complete 7/6. Scheduled 9/26 (which was the only date available).
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. I am a re-applicant this cycle and I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to improve my application. If anyone was a re-applicant and got accepted then their advice would really mean a lot. Thanks.

Any in-state applicants still waiting for an interview invite?

Still waiting assuming I actually get one. I think they interview into the spring tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Im interviewing at UIC next week and getting pretty nervous. Anyone interviewed recently got any tips?

Im interviewing at UIC next week and getting pretty nervous. Anyone interviewed recently got any tips?
Did my interview 9/24 and interview was really straightforward. It is 20 minutes long so fairly short interview. Interview is also closed file so they'll be asking typical questions you would expect in a dental school interview. Just be yourself and you'll do great. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Any OOS applicant got interview yet? When is thier current date offering? Errr

Did my interview 9/24 and interview was really straightforward. It is 20 minutes long so fairly short interview. Interview is also closed file so they'll be asking typical questions you would expect in a dental school interview. Just be yourself and you'll do great. Good luck!!
Thank you very much, appreciate it.

Any international students invited to interview this cycle or ever been accepted to UIC DMD? According to adea 2017-2018 guide, they did not accept/ interview international students last cycle. Their admissions rep confirmed that they do accept international students. Still hopefully waiting.

any ethically questions? like just really critical thinking questions? are the admissions staff warm and welcoming?

Friend interviewed there recently. He said there were some critical thinking questions that were pretty basic. He also said the lady who interviewed him was pretty rude/intimidating. It's closed file so be expected to be asked what your GPA/DAT scores are and stuff like that.

any ethically questions? like just really critical thinking questions? are the admissions staff warm and welcoming?
Interviewed there today. it was pretty straight forward traditional interview questions with 1 or 2 basic interview questions. faculty interviewing me weren't too easy going, but they weren't harsh as well. It was a quick 20 min interview so you have to be concise with your answers.

Interviewed there today. it was pretty straight forward traditional interview questions with 1 or 2 basic interview questions. faculty interviewing me weren't too easy going, but they weren't harsh as well. It was a quick 20 min interview so you have to be concise with your answers.
when did you submit your application and when did you find out if you got in?

Interview #1!!!
Notification date: Oct 15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: June 22
Application complete date: July 6
GPA (science, overall): 2.62, 2.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 18, 20, 21, none
Dates available OR your interview date: Interview on Nov 2. The only other date was the 5th

Reactions: 4 users
I'm starting to get a little worried now. I haven't heard back from UIC, yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Any advice?

AADSAS mail-out date: July 1
Application complete date: Aug 2
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 26, 24, 21, none
Residency: In state

Interview #1!!!
Notification date:
Oct 15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: June 22
Application complete date: July 6
GPA (science, overall): 2.62, 2.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 18, 20, 21, none
Dates available OR your interview date: Interview on Nov 2. The only other date was the 5th

Are you URM?

I just got an interview invite yesterday, for anybody that has interviewed there recently, do you have any tips?

Thank you in advance!

Hey guys! Current D1 at UIC. Feel free to message me with any questions about the curriculum/interviews. goodluck!

Hey guys! Current D1 at UIC. Feel free to message me with any questions about the curriculum/interviews. goodluck!

Hey! So not really about uic but I think I remember you getting into multiple schools last year (SIU?) Why'd you choose uic over them?

Hey! So not really about uic but I think I remember you getting into multiple schools last year (SIU?) Why'd you choose uic over them?

PM me if you want a break down of my selection process

I'm starting to get a little worried now. I haven't heard back from UIC, yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Any advice?

AADSAS mail-out date: July 1
Application complete date: Aug 2
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 26, 24, 21, none
Residency: In state

Same boat. Same DAT, 3.7 GPA. I think they want a lot of volunteering hours so I've been doing some volunteering and adding it to my application to try to get their attention

Same boat. Same DAT, 3.7 GPA. I think they want a lot of volunteering hours so I've been doing some volunteering and adding it to my application to try to get their attention

I have tons of volunteering hours (2,000+) and expected UIC to give me an interview rather early but haven’t received one. I even interviewed at other state school.

Reactions: 1 user
I have tons of volunteering hours (2,000+) and expected UIC to give me an interview rather early but haven’t received one. I even interviewed at other state school.
are you all in state?

Has anyone’s AADSAS portal change from the “invited for interview” yet?

I am curious, do they even accept out of state students. :oops:

Wondering if emailing them is a good idea to check on my current status? I know a lot of people with lower stats/ec who got interviews over me and I'm getting really nervous because UIC is my top choice

Status
Not open for further replies.