**The Official University of Iowa Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did those of you who were accepted complete the academic update on AADSAS and send transcripts in?
I am in the process of sending it to Iowa, not the AADSAS. I didn't think both were necessary

Members don't see this ad.

For those that weren't as fortunate to receive an acceptance this year, here are some numbers (for in-state, sorry I don't know anything about OOS) for reference: 106 residents applied; 74 had interviews; 60 acceptances sent out (3 people declined); 3 alternate spots. Just receiving an interview was a huge accomplishment! So keep on trying for next year! I know I am!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that weren't as fortunate to receive an acceptance this year, here are some numbers (for in-state, sorry I don't know anything about OOS) for reference: 106 residents applied; 74 had interviews; 60 acceptances sent out (3 people declined); 3 alternate spots. Just receiving an interview was a huge accomplishment! So keep on trying for next year! I know I am!

Could not agree more with hawkeye. I was on the alternate list last year, and found out I was back on it this year last Wednesday. I scheduled a meeting with Elaine in Iowa city to see what I had to do, and ended up getting accepted Monday afternoon. Keep being relentless, you never know what might give you the edge.

Reactions: 1 users
Could not agree more with hawkeye. I was on the alternate list last year, and found out I was back on it this year last Wednesday. I scheduled a meeting with Elaine in Iowa city to see what I had to do, and ended up getting accepted Monday afternoon. Keep being relentless, you never know what might give you the edge.
Congratulations! What exciting news! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Does anyone have any idea how many alternate spots it takes generally to fill out of state spots? I was just given a ranking from Elaine but she never really mentioned how realistic my chances were. She never relayed if the class is full or not specifically for the out of state spots

Does anyone have any idea how many alternate spots it takes generally to fill out of state spots? I was just given a ranking from Elaine but she never really mentioned how realistic my chances were. She never relayed if the class is full or not specifically for the out of state spots

I just received a ranking, too.... so I'd also like to know!

So.... wait list must have moved because I got the big call today :)
Hold on, fellow wait listers. There is hope!

Reactions: 1 user
So.... wait list must have moved because I got the big call today :)
Hold on, fellow wait listers. There is hope!

Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, Where were you on the wait list??

Last edited:
To those who got accepted,

Can you guys share your stat?

I got an interview on Feb, 22. I also emailed Dean Kelly asking my situation, he said "You are a candidate that is certainly qualified but will not be an early admission because your PCAT score is a little on the low side. It does not mean you cannot be admitted. I can assure you that you will get a fair hearing and we understand that students that have ESL do struggle a little with the PCAT. We will get you a decision as quickly as we can." What does it really mean?

To those who got accepted,

Can you guys share your stat?

I got an interview on Feb, 22. I also emailed Dean Kelly asking my situation, he said "You are a candidate that is certainly qualified but will not be an early admission because your PCAT score is a little on the low side. It does not mean you cannot be admitted. I can assure you that you will get a fair hearing and we understand that students that have ESL do struggle a little with the PCAT. We will get you a decision as quickly as we can." What does it really mean?

Hope you get in, but this is the dental forum.

I finally made the decision not to go to Iowa. This was a VERY tough decision, but I hope this makes someone's day off the OOS waiting list.

Has anyone who is going to Iowa received official scholarship letters?

Has anyone applied or heard back about the summer enrichment program?

I'm not applying for a couple more years but am studying for the DAT right now and need some quick motivation. I'm in state for Iowa and would really love to attend this school.

If you don't mind me asking (or you sharing), has anyone received any scholarships/financial aid? If so, what were your stats/extra-curriculars?

Also, was anyone a part of the Deferred Admit Program (DAP) and have any information regarding the interview/selection process for DAP students?

Thank you!

I had my interview a week and a half ago and I don't see that status change that says "check back Dec 1." Does that mean that I won't get in? I am an out of state applicant so I'm not sure if that means anything.