****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
september 25, really excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the email this morning! Interview on 9/25. OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1st batch.. still says app complete. I'm a little confused as to why it hasn't changed to under review.. anyone else have this problem still?

Interview on 9/25!!!! :D
I received the e-mail saying that I received an interview, but the link to schedule in the e-mail won't work. Did it work for you?

I used a different browser and it worked!

Last edited:
Interview!!!!! 1st batch
3.94 goa
Aa 22 Ts 22 pa 2o

My fee was received last week and I received an email saying they got it but Michigan hasn't shown up on my portal and I haven't gotten word of my app being complete. Is this normal? How long does it take?

Interview! 1st batch OOS
Sept 25th
oGPA 3.38, sGPA 3.53
AA 22 TS 23 PAT 25

Interview Date: October 2nd
I believe they're out of Sept 25th spots because you are only allowed to sign up for the date which shows on your interview invite.

Notification date: 8/17/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/7/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no

1st batch.. still says app complete. I'm a little confused as to why it hasn't changed to under review.. anyone else have this problem still?
I have this problem too. Did everyone who got an interview have their aadsas status changed to "under review"?

Interview 10/02/15:)

School: University of Michigan
Notification date: 8/17/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Members don't see this ad :)
About how long after your application was mailed out did you guys get an email from UMich for the secondary fee? O: it's been about a week since mail-out date but I haven't heard anything...then again I may just be a little impatient ^^;

logo.png

MICHIGAN is awesome, guys. As interview invites are on your way I recommend you to read this article:
http://wolverinebytes.org/2013/01/03/mmis-what-you-really-want-to-know/

Trust me, the interview at Michigan will be a breeze--just be yourself.
A few more tips.
1. Maintain eye contact
2. Smile
3. Enjoy

Reactions: 2 users
About how long after your application was mailed out did you guys get an email from UMich for the secondary fee? O: it's been about a week since mail-out date but I haven't heard anything...then again I may just be a little impatient ^^;

I never received an email, I believe you're supposed to go on their website and pay for it there.

My application was mailed out on 8/8, and I paid the supplemental fee, but I still haven't heard anything other than an email acknowledging that I paid the fee (received a few minutes after I paid). It hasn't shown up on my portal, and I haven't hear anything from them since.

My application was mailed out on 8/8, and I paid the supplemental fee, but I still haven't heard anything other than an email acknowledging that I paid the fee (received a few minutes after I paid). It hasn't shown up on my portal, and I haven't hear anything from them since.

Don't worry, I had the same experience

I never received an email, I believe you're supposed to go on their website and pay for it there.
Oh really? I thought I read on their website that they would send us an email to pay the fee o.o welp guess I'm going to go pay it now... thanks! ^-^

No news today, huh... I've been annoyed and disappointed every time I've gotten a gmail notification since yesterday afternoon lol

Comgrats everyone! Does UMich use ADEA website for updates? Basically is the Decision Date accurate?

I received an email saying "The Admissions Team has finished processing your DDS application! Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. "

However, Michigan does not show up on AADSAS portal. Should I be worried and send them an email about it?

I'm so worried I'm in the first batch, but I still haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a 21 on my DAT (nothing below a 19) and a 3.6 GPA(Science and Non-science). I'm also a resident of Michigan. I'm so sad.

I'm so worried I'm in the first batch, but I still haven't gotten an interview yet. I have a 21 on my DAT (nothing below a 19) and a 3.6 GPA(Science and Non-science). I'm also a resident of Michigan. I'm so sad.
Me too omg

Same situation..wonder what is to come
:/

Same situation as well.

Same thing here, hopefully we will hear from them

I also have the same status on AADSAS ("Received/Application Complete"), and I submitted in June (second week I believe). Has anyone emailed them about this?

Almost two weeks of complete quiet... Desperate for an interview here.

Reactions: 5 users
If one gains an interest in specializing, do you think it would be best to pursue the research pathway (or perhaps the leadership pathway)? Hopefully a UMich dental student provides some input on this (kind of curious here). Their system seems pretty interesting ("choose you're path"). I would like know, however, do these pathways run parallel to the core curriculum, or are these pathways the DDS curriculum themselves. In other words, will students be taking the exact same courses, and your selected pathway would then act as a sort of add-on?

Got an Interview Invite today for 10/9 :)

Same situation..wonder what is to come
:/

I still have an App Complete thing up and I'm second batch. The committee probably saw my app and were like "Lol nah bro, you can wait."

Reactions: 3 users
I still have an App Complete thing up and I'm second batch. The committee probably saw my app and were like "Lol nah bro, you can wait."
Lmao I feel like the committees are like "we want someone who's as good as you, who has the same stats, experience, just not you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Lmao I feel like the committees are like "we want someone who's as good as you, who has the same stats, experience, just not you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This made me chuckle.

Same here, do they change it to under review eventually?

Same here, do they change it to under review eventually?
It's supposed to I guess, some people said it changed to under review before an interview invite was sent?

It's supposed to I guess, some people said it changed to under review before an interview invite was sent?
Oh okay because I was first batch and it still says application complete/received. Guess we have to wait some more.

Don't worry guys, if we didn't get them today, we'll get the next round! Stay positive my friends!

Oh okay because I was first batch and it still says application complete/received. Guess we have to wait some more.
I don't think the "Received/Application Complete" status on AADSAS matters much. I had an interview from another school in which the status was always "Received/Application Complete" (i.e. it never changed to "Received/Under Review"). I also emailed UMich, and they said that my application is, in fact, being currently reviewed (and I submitted early June). So I guess we just have to be patient (though I keep refreshing my inbox, hoping for that UMich interview....).

I mean, your DAT stats are excellent, so unless your GPA is in the dumps, I would expect you'll receive an interview. UMich is one of the most accepting OOS state schools.

How do you know if you are first batch or second or third or whatever?

My application was mailed 8/21 and still no confirmation email from UMich :unsure:

I have a 9/25 interview, just wondering about the google.doc sheet with the classes. After we fill it out, do we just leave it alone, or do we attach it as an email? just curious.

btw im OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.