****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The staff are very friendly! I don't see them refusing, but can you reschedule the other interview if they gave you multiple dates?

Good luck? Umich interview was my favorite but also the longest! It tops my state school. Get enough sleep and you'll do great!!
My other interview is for UCSF and I have a flight booked and everything so unfortunately I am already invested in it (They only gave me one date too).

I'll give admissions a call monday and hope for the best! I definitely want to check out the school

Members don't see this ad.

Also got an interview today scheduled for the oct 23rd!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #8
School: Michigan
Notification date: 10/12/15 8:30am central time
Interview date: 11/6/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (second batch)
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no

AT LAST

School: Michigan
Notification date: 10/12/15 8:30am central time
Interview date: Haven't scheduled
Method of notification: email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.93, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/22/no

**Note that up until today, my aadsas portal said "Recieved/Application Complete" and it is now changed to "Recieved/Under Reveiw"

Question: How do we submit the prerequisite document? I never use google drive and am not sure how it works...

I submitted my app on 8/6 and the status of my app to Michigan is still currently non existent on the portal. Is this normal?
I did get the email that my app has been received by them and that I'd be notified when they process my app, but this was sent a month ago.

I submitted my app on 8/6 and the status of my app to Michigan is still currently non existent on the portal. Is this normal?

hmm..do you mean mailed out? Even so, assuming your mail out date was around 9/11-9/18 it's strange they haven't updated your aadsas portal to show received/complete. When'd you mail out your secondary?

App complete on 7/6 and still haven't heard back yet, would it be a good idea to give them a call and check on my application status?

Anybody know when Mich stops sending out invites for Pre-Dec?

hmm..do you mean mailed out? Even so, assuming your mail out date was around 9/11-9/18 it's strange they haven't updated your aadsas portal to show received/complete. When'd you mail out your secondary?

Yeah, it was mailed out 9/18. I mailed out the secondary as soon as I submitted my app. Do you think I should e-mail/call them?

Members don't see this ad :)
same thing happened to me, i emailed them and i got changed the next day!

Managed to get my interview rescheduled, super quick and responsive staff.

Reactions: 3 users

Wasn't the secondary just the online supplemental fee? Or is there one you do upon request?

Anyone find a good place to stay? Just checked the prices and saw that it was most likely elevated due to the home game on Saturday. (If you've been following my other posts, then yes I'm going to try to go to this game lol)

Found some great deals for Detroit hotels but it's 45 mins away and would have to include a rental car. Looking for some suggestions!

@BobbyBeavis look into the Michigan flyer bus that goes between Detroit and Ann Arbor. The Blake transit center drop off location in Ann Arbor is about a 10 minute walk from the dental school. I think there may be other buses that do as well. Could be cheaper than a rental car and parking.

Anyone find a good place to stay? Just checked the prices and saw that it was most likely elevated due to the home game on Saturday. (If you've been following my other posts, then yes I'm going to try to go to this game lol)...

So jealous right now...

@BobbyBeavis look into the Michigan flyer bus that goes between Detroit and Ann Arbor. The Blake transit center drop off location in Ann Arbor is about a 10 minute walk from the dental school. I think there may be other buses that do as well. Could be cheaper than a rental car and parking.

Very awesome I will look into this, thank you so much!

So jealous right now...

I'm jelly of your Penn interview so we both can weep :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone find a good place to stay? Just checked the prices and saw that it was most likely elevated due to the home game on Saturday. (If you've been following my other posts, then yes I'm going to try to go to this game lol)

Found some great deals for Detroit hotels but it's 45 mins away and would have to include a rental car. Looking for some suggestions!
Lamp inn
It was so clean and cheap 50 per night

had my interview, everyone was super nice!

Hey, would you mind sharing your interview experience? I have mine in a few days and I'm kind of freaking out. Was it stressful, because I know that it's a lot different from other schools' interview format.
How did you prepare for the interview? and were the questions similar to the ones on the sdn school review website?

The staff are very friendly! I don't see them refusing, but can you reschedule the other interview if they gave you multiple dates?

Good luck? Umich interview was my favorite but also the longest! It tops my state school. Get enough sleep and you'll do great!!

Hey, would you mind sharing your interview experience? I have mine in a few days and I'm kind of freaking out. Was it stressful, because I know that it's a lot different from other schools' interview format.
How did you prepare for the interview? and were the questions similar to the ones on the sdn school review website?

Sure! The interview was the most laid back I've had. It starts out with everyone introducing themselves and then presentations about the schools curriculum and oppurtunities. Afterwards you go on tour, have lunch and interview. The interview needs no preparation. The topics were simple and very conversational. Just show you have a point of view and can support it. They weren't the same to sdn but imo easier. Read the prompt and tell them what you think. They all started saying there's no right or wrong answer. The interview has 10 stations. Each station is 8 min and then you wait 2 min and move to the next. Don't worry it's very simple and laid back. Finally, you have a student panel and a final presentation on the dual Ph.D / dds program. Then ur done!

It was a long day and I struggled to stay awake but great day.

Good luck and don't worry! No preparation required!!!

Do you guys think they are still giving out pre dec interviews or is that pretty much over by now?

Tried to do some calculations and I think it'd be best if I stayed in Detroit and got a rental car. Wish the Lamp Inn wasn't sold out!

Sure! The interview was the most laid back I've had. It starts out with everyone introducing themselves and then presentations about the schools curriculum and oppurtunities. Afterwards you go on tour, have lunch and interview. The interview needs no preparation. The topics were simple and very conversational. Just show you have a point of view and can support it. They weren't the same to sdn but imo easier. Read the prompt and tell them what you think. They all started saying there's no right or wrong answer. The interview has 10 stations. Each station is 8 min and then you wait 2 min and move to the next. Don't worry it's very simple and laid back. Finally, you have a student panel and a final presentation on the dual Ph.D / dds program. Then ur done!

It was a long day and I struggled to stay awake but great day.

Good luck and don't worry! No preparation required!!!
thank you so much!

How long did it take you guys to hear back from UofM after they sent the "we have finished processing your app" email?

How long did it take you guys to hear back from UofM after they sent the "we have finished processing your app" email?

About 2 and a half months.

If anyone is interviewing 11/6 and wants to split a room, let me know. Its on the way of the flyer.

So I just got my course audit back today. Apparently my 3 seperate English classes will not meet their requirements. Does anyone know what they want for English? I am going to call them tomorrow, but I would appreciate some feedback from SDN members.

So I just got my course audit back today. Apparently my 3 seperate English classes will not meet their requirements. Does anyone know what they want for English? I am going to call them tomorrow, but I would appreciate some feedback from SDN members.
When I called they said a composition class, and then a "writing intensive class".

If I wanted to inquire about my application status, would I just call their admissions office?

If I wanted to inquire about my application status, would I just call their admissions office?
Yeah you can give them a call, I gave them a call and they just told me my application is currently under review

Did they send you an email about this audit or did you go back to your Google docs link?

Does anyone know if UofM puts a lot of emphasis on DAT scores? I think that's one of my strongest aspects of my application and if they do it'll help me a lot

If you received an interview invitation please share your mail out date if don't mind.
Thanks.

Reactions: 3 users
Like this post if you're interviewing on October 23rd!! :)

Just got an interview invite this morning! Interview date is November 6th.

Reactions: 2 users
Update: Finally got an interview invitation!!!!! (applied first batch)

Status
Not open for further replies.