2018 ****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they gave me the next available interview date.

Go blue!

OOS, said app complete yesterday on aadsas yesterday. Invitation received at 8:30 this morning.

Will have to reschedule this one.

I wish you all good fortune in the war(interview)s to come!
When you guys called to reschedule did they schedule it right then on a later week or did they tell you to wait for the date you want to become available? I just barely missed 9/15 and I have other interviews the 21st, 28th, and 29th, so I'll need an October date now.

Members don't see this ad.

When you guys called to reschedule did they schedule it right then on a later week or did they tell you to wait for the date you want to become available? I just barely missed 9/15 and I have other interviews the 21st, 28th, and 29th, so I'll need an October date now.
They said the policy is that you get the next date they interview on. For me, that date worked so I said great. If it doesn't work for you, tell them your situation and see what they say. Can you more any of your other interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
They said the policy is that you get the next date they interview on. For me, that date worked so I said great. If it doesn't work for you, tell them your situation and see what they say. Can you more any of your other interviews?
I doubt I can move them since they've been confirmed for a while, and I've already bought my flight to FL. I'll probably call and see if they can set me in October before I try to move anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh gotcha. Got my hopes up when you said your app was complete yesterday, since I thought you applied relatively late in the cycle (August) like I did

Ahh gotcha. Got my hopes up when you said your app was complete yesterday, since I thought you applied relatively late in the cycle (August) like I did[/

If it makes you feel better my application was just completed yesterday although my committee letter took two months to be complete.

If anyone has questions about the school, campus, class schedules, etc. feel free to ask me on this thread or in a PM.

Enjoy interview season!

Reactions: 3 users
Good Afternoon,
I submitted my app June 22.
My status for the AADSAS website says Received/Application Complete.
I have an overall GPA of 3.68 and sGPA of 3.5. My DAT was not as high as I expected: AA 18 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 21
I am involved in the pre-dental club and I am secretary of the student council. I am an active member of ASDA and ACS.
I have a lot of volunteer work at UDM Dental as well as attending informative events like workshops, programs, and conferences.
I was a research student for two years and now hold a position as senior research associate.
Lastly, I shadowed and eventually got a dental assistant position.
I would like to know your opinions in regards to my possibility of getting an interview and being accepted.

Good Afternoon,
I have an overall GPA of 3.68 and sGPA of 3.5. My DAT was not as high as I expected: AA 18 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 21
I am involved in the pre-dental club and I am secretary of the student council. I am an active member of ASDA and ACS.
I have a lot of volunteer work at UDM Dental as well as attending informative events like workshops, programs, and conferences.
I was a research student for two years and now hold a position as senior research associate.
I would like to know your opinions in regards to my possibility of getting an interview and being accepted.

I think your GPA is on par, but your DAT is 3 points below average of the accepted students.. So if I were you, I would retake it soon (within a couple months), and send your updated score before this cycle ends. Other than that, your EC looks great. Michigan loves researchers.

Anyone know the OOS? Too late to apply?

Ideally you should have applied already. But if your stats are decent I think you have a shot
I already applied to a bunch of schools. Was more or less looking to add on.

Thanks for the insight tho!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good sign if I got an email asking to clarify letter writers???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm still hoping to receive an interview from Michigan, does anybody know if they're still sending out invites? :shrug:

I'm still hoping to receive an interview from Michigan, does anybody know if they're still sending out invites? :shrug:
I received an invite today and the only date they gave me to choose from was September 22nd. So they either have plenty of spots left or someone declined their invite and I filled in their spot.

I received an invite today and the only date they gave me to choose from was September 22nd. So they either have plenty of spots left or someone declined their invite and I filled in their spot.

Congratulations! Awesome that gives me some hope then :) thanks!

Are you out of state?

Has anyone received a decline letter from UM before December 1?

Received an interview invite for the 29th!
Interview #4
School: Michigan
Notification date: 09/09
Method of notification: email
Residency: British Columbia
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall) ~3.7 sGPA/~3.7 oGPA
CDAT (AA/PAT/Reading): 21/22/23

Anybody know of a question bank to prepare for the MMI?

Reactions: 3 users
Received an interview invite for the 29th!
Interview #4
School: Michigan
Notification date: 09/09
Method of notification: email
Residency: British Columbia
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall) ~3.7 sGPA/~3.7 oGPA
CDAT (AA/PAT/Reading): 21/22/23

Anybody know of a question bank to prepare for the MMI?
When did you submit your app?

Interview Invite Received this past Saturday for 9/29
Can't remember the date submitted, but it was late June (past the 20th for sure)
GPA: 3.68 OA, 3.57 Sci
DAT: 21AA/23TS/22PAT no sections below 17
Michigan Resident

Reactions: 1 users
How many in-states got interviews? Like or comment please?

Reactions: 2 users
Could anyone who has attended the MMI at this school last Friday please share their experiences?

Could anyone who has attended the MMI at this school last Friday please share their experiences?

10 stations, 10 minutes each (2min break, 8min interview), so total of 100 min interview process. They are evaluating how competent you are as a future dentist. Just be yourself and be confident!

I believe the first interview date is tomorrow actually

Yes :)

Hoping for an invite soon... I hope there are still spots left.

Good Afternoon,
You might have a chance at the wait list. Personally I don't think you should ask anyone if you have a chance on a forum. ALOT of people read these, admissions members incl. asking shows lack of confidence and commitment. Both of which aren't good. Know what you want...and do whatever it takes to get it. I interviewed today, and all I can say is know who you are!

If you desire Michigan dental tutelage, realize you are asking for the best of all the US dental schools. Have a firm grasp of self realization bc as soon as you start your standard bs answer to their specifically structured questions, you lose. Everyone and their brother/ sister knows of the online answers. Keep it real, show your true self

I have my interview on October 13th, has anyone had an interview yet?

Hey Guys, just wanted some feedback. Do you think I have a shot if I add this school now?
Also do they take unofficial scores? I just did my retake yesterday.
OOS
20 AA 20 TS (22 BIO 22 Reading)
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year

I guess no one reads the entire forum...I literally gave you the best advice possible for Michigan and their interviews...No one, on any of these sites can tell you if you have a shot or not, bc none of us are on the admissions boards, bc none of us are dentists yet. If you want it, then apply. What the worst that happens? You lose a couple bucks?! Better to know than always wonder I say...

Last edited:
For those that recently got an interview at UMich, what were the available dates?

For the MMI do the people who are interviewing us have reviewed our files? Also, do you guys know are the questions just based on dental knowledge or are they personal questions as well?

Really loved this school when I was there for the interview. Good luck everyone on the application process!

Really loved this school when I was there for the interview. Good luck everyone on the application process!

Was also there this weekend! The tour and curriculum is seriously impressive and if you’re social and enjoy people, the MMI is really fun. Not a huge stressor like I had been previously told by others

Anyone get an invite recently?

Hey Guys, just wanted some feedback. Do you think I have a shot if I add this school now?
Also do they take unofficial scores? I just did my retake yesterday.
OOS
20 AA 20 TS (22 BIO 22 Reading)
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
I wanted to provide feedback to you because I think asking other applicants/people for advice on an anonymous forum is beneficial, and I do not want other applicants to UM's dental school to feel like it is a negative thing just by reading some of the comments on this thread. Although I do not have much experience with the dental school, I have been at the University of Michigan for a long time (different professional program, though) and mentored hundreds of students with similar questions, so I will tell you what I know based on what I have seen: I think you have a shot at the dental school based on stats - your science GPA is a little low, but I have seen students get in with similar (and even lower) undergrad sGPAs - I should add that some of these students had to complete a MS first before being accepted (especially true for the ones with <3.0 sGPAs). Your DAT and ECs look good to me, though. The one thing I should say is that they may evaluate you based on your old DAT scores. They do not take unofficial scores, but it may be worth emailing them to notify them that you did retake the DAT. Timing is the one thing that is working against you, otherwise your overall application seems fine for Michigan and dental programs in general. I would advise you to get advice from as many people as you can with more experience with dental school stuff, though - I think it reflects courage and commitment to the field, and especially so if you use that advice to make your application stronger

Why is this page so quiet? Is UofM not having interviews?

Just got an interview yesterday for 10/20 :)))

I'm not sure if there are any spots left or not, and I received the application complete email on July 26th! Hope that helps :)

I got an interview for 10/20 on 10/2!

I am getting anxious now lol...I thought my stats were fine but I still haven't received an invite yet. I completed my application June 30th. :(

Are there any DDS/PhD applicants who received an interview invite for DDS or PhD?

Received an invite yesterday- for 11/3

Status
Not open for further replies.