***The Official University of Washington Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused for the interview format. The structure is MMI but would anyone be able to provide insight on how many stations there are, how much time per station, and whether you can take notes before entering the station?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! This question is mainly directed at current dental students at uw, but any insight is welcome. I had my interview at UW on the 29th/30th and I feel like it went well. What I’m wondering now is how much everything from the application previously (grades, etc) still affects the decision. I have two questions in particular
1) regarding the average, if someone is below the average on grades do they have to be above the average on the DAT score to be accepted?
2) Are lower grades still a reason that you would not get accepted, or is them interviewing you an indication that that is something they are okay with?
Anyone know how much the interview is weighted at UW compared to your GPA, DAT and the rest of your application? I understand that schools weigh certain components more heavily than other parts of your application.

Still not sure how they make their decisions, but my best guess is that if you're lacking in one area, you should excel in another to make up for it. If you're invited for an interview, it generally means that your stats are acceptable, and the school wants to see what you're like as a person rather than just a bunch of numbers.

I'm a bit confused for the interview format. The structure is MMI but would anyone be able to provide insight on how many stations there are, how much time per station, and whether you can take notes before entering the station?
Not sure we can disclose how many stations there are this year, but last year we had about 10 and you get about 10 min/ station. You won't be able to take any notes but they give you a minute or so to read the questions and come up with a response. Hope this helps and good luck to those interviewing this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Congrats to those who already interviewed and good luck to those with future interviews and/or waiting to hear back! I'm a current 1st year at UW and started making dental vlogs and pre-dent videos in my spare time. A recent one that I made is all about preparing for dental school interviews (one-on-one, group, and MMI). Our whole class contributed tips that I've included in my video and thought you guys might find it useful! Watch it here:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! This question is mainly directed at current dental students at uw, but any insight is welcome. I had my interview at UW on the 29th/30th and I feel like it went well. What I’m wondering now is how much everything from the application previously (grades, etc) still affects the decision. I have two questions in particular
1) regarding the average, if someone is below the average on grades do they have to be above the average on the DAT score to be accepted?
2) Are lower grades still a reason that you would not get accepted, or is them interviewing you an indication that that is something they are okay with?

I remember being told at my interview that they split up the application into three equal divisions: Grades (DAT/GPA), interview, EC's. They really want to build a diverse class so EC's are important to them. I don't think it's necessarily important to compensate on the DAT to make up for bad grades. It would certainly help but I don't think it's a make or break type of thing.

If your grades were high enough to get an interview then I wouldn't worry that the school may be concerned with your academic qualifications. If it was a big enough of red flag you wouldn't have gotten an interview! So don't worry.

If you performed well at the interview I wouldn't worry, just enjoy your last few weeks before December 1st!

Reactions: 1 user
Posting this to help incoming students decide. Current students, if you want to let us know how UW is looking moving forward with the new dean, please let us know! Things like if there are any curriculum changes, differences in the education/student life, or just anything you'd like to say about the transition would be much appreciated.

Posting this to help incoming students decide. Current students, if you want to let us know how UW is looking moving forward with the new dean, please let us know! Things like if there are any curriculum changes, differences in the education/student life, or just anything you'd like to say about the transition would be much appreciated.
For the most part it doesn’t seem to directly impact the dental students, although some HUGE news came out stating that they will no longer be accepting students for certain SPECIALTIES. can’t remember all of them off the top of my head but pedo, omfs and oral med were included

has anyone stayed at an Air BnB while in Seattle? If so, can you recommend the best location to stay in. Thanks!

All of the dental residency programs are still in place and are actually now doing interviews for next year's incoming residents. None of the programs have been eliminated. The four year program for predents has not been altered and is the same as the current students have taken. Future students should not be concerned about the education they will receive at UWSOD. UWSOD is determined to maintain its ranking in the top tier of dental school internationally as well as nationally.

Just a few more days until Dec 1st!!! goodluck everyone! We are very excited for you all to get some good news!!! Also, don't worry if you don't hear back right away! Some students in my class were waitlisted and heard back only around March-April, so there's always hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine still says "invited to interview", so nervous. Hope you guys hear good news!!

Reactions: 3 users
Excited for yall!

Reactions: 1 users
Hope to see some of you next year!

I got my first acceptance at Creighton via email this morning and my AADSAS portal changed to “check back on dec 1”...... so I guess that’s good news!?!?!?

They they call you guys or send an email?

Offer made! They also called to confirm. I got my call around 10:30a today. And I was also in interview group one.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody from group 2 get an offer made or phone call? Asking for a friend. ;)

If we were in group one for interviews but haven’t heard back is that a pretty bad sign?

Group 1. Switched from “check back” to “offer made” at like 6AM PST. Still no phone call.

Hey everyone! First off, congratulations if you've been offered a seat! UWSoD is an amazing school. For those who are still waiting, it will be okay. People will choose to go to different schools and spots will open. I understand that this is not the ideal situation, but don't lose hope.

With that, Im the vice president of the class of 2021 and myself, along with the rest of the class officers, will be responsible for creating and managing the UWSOD class of 2022 Facebook group and answering any questions you may have.

Please note, this Facebook page is only for those who are committed to attending UWSOD as a member of the class of 2022.
If you are sure of committing to UW, PM your name and the email associated with your Facebook, and I will add you to the group.

Thanks guys! Again, congratulations on this achievement :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! First off, congratulations if you've been offered a seat! UWSoD is an amazing school. For those who are still waiting, it will be okay. People will choose to go to different schools and spots will open. I understand that this is not the ideal situation, but don't lose hope.

With that, Im the vice president of the class of 2021 and myself, along with the rest of the class officers, will be responsible for creating and managing the UWSOD class of 2022 Facebook group and answering any questions you may have.

Please note, this Facebook page is only for those who are committed to attending UWSOD as a member of the class of 2022.
If you are sure of committing to UW, PM your name and the email associated with your Facebook, and I will add you to the group.

Thanks guys! Again, congratulations on this achievement :)
Have all the spots been filled, do you know? Or are they keeping some spots open still?

anyone from nov interviews get an offer? :)my status still says invited for interview so i am worried I won't hear back today!

anyone from nov interviews get an offer? :)my status still says invited for interview so i am worried I won't hear back today!
Also interviewed in Nov. and status still says invited for interview.
I'm OOS so I'm not feeling super confident

i wonder if they are splitting up the notification days this year?

Last edited:
anyone from oct 20th got a call or status change?

Nope, it still says invited for an interview. Currently panicking
I interviewed on Nov. 9th, along with my friend, & she already got her acceptance today. I think our worst fear is occurring :/

Did anyone get a rejection? Or they're not sending out rejections until few weeks later?

Status
Not open for further replies.