***The Official University of Washington Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack2196

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Figured I should create this page since there isn't one already. First off, good luck to everyone applying to the University of Washington. To start things off, has anyone heard back from Washington via email?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still working on their supplemental, have you heard any updates yet or when they begin interviewing?

No, I haven't. I finished the application back in June, and still I have not yet received anything regarding an app status or change.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I finished the supplemental a couple weeks ago and still nothing. I think UW will start getting back to people some time in august.

Hey, you guys paid a supplemental fee yet, or does that come later? I'm asking for a friend who is applying to UW.

Received "application received" email and AADSAS status changed to "Received/Application Complete" on 7/27.

Last edited:
Received the "application received" email yesterday as well

I finished the supplemental a couple weeks ago and still nothing. I think UW will start getting back to people some time in august.
Was this supplemental sent to you via email or was it the additional info portion included on the aadsas?

Was this supplemental sent to you via email or was it the additional info portion included on the aadsas?
Should be through email. BTW first interviews were given out around Aug 23 last year so less than a month before the fun starts :)

I submitted my AADSAS 6/22 and my GPA and DAT were all complete before that... and I still haven't received a supplemental or any other email from them. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm also applying to RIDE so maybe they're just taking a longer time with my application? My portal status still says "none"

I submitted my AADSAS 6/22 and my GPA and DAT were all complete before that... and I still haven't received a supplemental or any other email from them. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm also applying to RIDE so maybe they're just taking a longer time with my application? My portal status still says "none"
You're not alone, I'm in the same situation too

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo everyone, SDN was a ton of help for me last year when I was applying. I'm in the class of 2021 and we just started classes a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Yo everyone, SDN was a ton of help for me last year when I was applying. I'm in the class of 2021 and we just started classes a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you have any questions!

Appreciate it! One question I had was I heard they do an early clinical immersion program but I dont know much about it, it sounds very interesting. Could you expand on what that is and what you like/dislike about the program so far?

Appreciate it! One question I had was I heard they do an early clinical immersion program but I dont know much about it, it sounds very interesting. Could you expand on what that is and what you like/dislike about the program so far?
Yeah for sure. We are currently in ECI right now. It's pretty much just an overall introduction to dentistry. We learn about general concepts of dentistry like how to take an impression, make an athletic guard, and do a dental exam. We also do clinic rotations in the afternoons where we assist in the perio, restorative, and geriatric clinics. It's pretty fun because you get patient exposure in the first week. Half our time is in the anatomy labs doing head and neck anatomy. It's nice because the anatomy is pretty intensive but the first semester is pass fail so it's totally doable. It's a nice acclimation period before the bulk of dental school starts in the fall.

As far as my likes and dislikes go, I'm so fresh that's it's hard to say. I've liked everything so far. It hasn't been stressful and my class is awesome. It seems like a lot of the first semester is getting to know your class and getting your feet wet in dentistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah for sure. We are currently in ECI right now. It's pretty much just an overall introduction to dentistry. We learn about general concepts of dentistry like how to take an impression, make an athletic guard, and do a dental exam. We also do clinic rotations in the afternoons where we assist in the perio, restorative, and geriatric clinics. It's pretty fun because you get patient exposure in the first week. Half our time is in the anatomy labs doing head and neck anatomy. It's nice because the anatomy is pretty intensive but the first semester is pass fail so it's totally doable. It's a nice acclimation period before the bulk of dental school starts in the fall.

As far as my likes and dislikes go, I'm so fresh that's it's hard to say. I've liked everything so far. It hasn't been stressful and my class is awesome. It seems like a lot of the first semester is getting to know your class and getting your feet wet in dentistry.

Very true! ECI is pretty awesome. Orientation week before that is also fun for the most part and we really got to know each other pretty well in the past 4 weeks.
I think I can also say that everyone in the school so far (faculty and upperclassmen) are very welcoming and trying to share their knowledge or experience.

Just got an interview! So excited!

Just wondering how you are all preparing for the interviews?

Just wondering how you are all preparing for the interviews?

Just reviewing answers to basic interview questions based on some threads here on SDN. Not too familiar with the MMI format but I plan to ask some people that already attend UWSOD for some insight.

Just reviewing answers to basic interview questions based on some threads here on SDN. Not too familiar with the MMI format but I plan to ask some people that already attend UWSOD for some insight.
I've asked around but students have signed some consent forms. So they cannot give any information about the interviews out :(

For those that received interviews: are you in-state or OOS? Also how long did it take after sending in your application for you to receive a response or notification by email?

For those that received interviews: are you in-state or OOS? Also how long did it take after sending in your application for you to receive a response or notification by email?
In-state, about a month until they acknowledged my application (july 27th) via email, interview invite mid August.

Did anyone who got the interview receive the secondary application?

Did anyone who got the interview receive the secondary application?
What do you mean? The secondary app is a part of the main app under the supplemental materials tab

What do you mean? The secondary app is a part of the main app under the supplemental materials tab
According to the UW SOD website:
Step 5: Secondary applications: Unlike many dental schools, UWSOD does not send out secondary applications automatically. Once we receive and screen your application you will be notified of any secondary application materials needed. UWSOD gives primary consideration to residents of Washington and WICHE states. The UWSOD invites select candidates (approximately 15% or 165-180) from the applicant pool for interviews.

I thought more application materials were needed. But I only got the confirmation about the application fee. Thanks and congrats!

According to the UW SOD website:
Step 5: Secondary applications: Unlike many dental schools, UWSOD does not send out secondary applications automatically. Once we receive and screen your application you will be notified of any secondary application materials needed. UWSOD gives primary consideration to residents of Washington and WICHE states. The UWSOD invites select candidates (approximately 15% or 165-180) from the applicant pool for interviews.

I thought more application materials were needed. But I only got the confirmation about the application fee. Thanks and congrats!

They changed it this year! Secondaries used to be sent separately from the main app so don't worry about it, just sit tight and wait for the email to come:)

Invited for interview for Oct 21st. :soexcited:
Does anyone know how many interview sessions UW has held so far?

Last edited:
How long did it take you after having application complete on AADSAS to receive an interview invite?
My application was completed on Aug 3rd but I never received an email from UW to acknowledge that they received my application.

There will be be four interview dates this cycle. The first one hasn't happened yet.
Oh ok, thanks. One more question. Is it necessary to go to the informational session happening on the Friday before the interview? I went to it last year (reapplicant) and thought I'd skip it this year.

Oh ok, thanks. One more question. Is it necessary to go to the informational session happening on the Friday before the interview? I went to it last year (reapplicant) and thought I'd skip it this year.
No clue, you would have to call and ask if it's really that big of a deal for you... if it isn't I would go just in order not to stand out in a negative way.

I also got an interview email on 9/11, for Oct 21st. I'm in-state, took about 1 month since app was verified.

Don't stress too much about WHEN your interview is. I was in the last interview group and still got in. Just practice on your conversational abilities and professionalism

Reactions: 3 users
Don't stress too much about WHEN your interview is. I was in the last interview group and still got in. Just practice on your conversational abilities and professionalism

What's up brotha! Didn't think you were still checking SDN haha.

I'm a current D1 at UWSOD along with @Mr. Krebs and @JTLresces.

I figured I'd chime in since I just helped out with interviews today. Congrats to those who received interviews! You're already halfway there. To those who are patiently waiting for an interview, don't worry. The admissions committee is rather small and so they work are a slower pace, but your chances of acceptance are somewhat similar whether you're in the first interview slot or the last.

For MMI, there really isn't much that you can prep for. Ability to think on your feet and carry a conversation is important here. Other than that, I can't really say much about the type of questions they will ask because confidentiality and that they also change it up every interview session.

Any other questions, feel free to message me.

*To those who interviewed today, you guys did a great job! Now it's the waiting game.

- D1 in green hat.

Reactions: 3 users
Invite to Interview. received via email Oct 5th 4:30 PM
Arizona resident.

Hi Everyone,

Figured I should create this page since there isn't one already. First off, good luck to everyone applying to the University of Washington. To start things off, has anyone heard back from Washington via email?

I submitted my application pretty late, September 30, 2017... & I got an interview invitation on October 6th around 11 am! Super stoked. Any & all advice is welcome :) congrats to all of the others who have received interview invites! So rad.

I submitted my application pretty late, September 30, 2017... & I got an interview invitation on October 6th around 11 am! Super stoked. Any & all advice is welcome :) congrats to all of the others who have received interview invites! So rad.

Someone from our class started a vlog about dental school and she just made a video with interview tips. I think its worth checking out for anyone with an upcoming interview!

Someone from our class started a vlog about dental school and she just made a video with interview tips. I think its worth checking out for anyone with an upcoming interview!

This needs to go one the main SDN Dental page! lol

Hey guys! This question is mainly directed at current dental students at uw, but any insight is welcome. I had my interview at UW on the 29th/30th and I feel like it went well. What I’m wondering now is how much everything from the application previously (grades, etc) still affects the decision. I have two questions in particular
1) regarding the average, if someone is below the average on grades do they have to be above the average on the DAT score to be accepted?
2) Are lower grades still a reason that you would not get accepted, or is them interviewing you an indication that that is something they are okay with?

Anyone know how much the interview is weighted at UW compared to your GPA, DAT and the rest of your application? I understand that schools weigh certain components more heavily than other parts of your application.

Hey!

Does anybody have an interview coming up this Saturday? I know we have to come in this Friday from 3-5 for the school tour and other additional information. Do you want to carpool on Friday? Shoot me a message and let me know. Also interested if you want to practice MMI questions tomorrow. Maybe we can get together a small group and do a semi-mock interview amongst ourselves.

Best of luck to you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.