***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

I received my acceptance packet yesterday. I live in Arizona though so that may be why it was so quick.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my admission packet today as well! Now it feels official, lol. :soexcited:

Accepted via AADSAS 12/1! No packet for me yet but I did call and they told me I was accepted :). I do live in Seattle though so maybe it'll come today? I was told something about an email being sent 'later this week' too so...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via AADSAS 12/1! No packet for me yet but I did call and they told me I was accepted :). I do live in Seattle though so maybe it'll come today? I was told something about an email being sent 'later this week' too so...
Hey congrats megajoules! Glad another Seattleite got in (even if it wasn't me haha). When did you interview? I had mine the Friday before Thanksgiving :)

I didn't receive a call, but saw my acceptance on AADSAS on Monday. Just got a packet in the mail today with details about the next step.

I received my acceptance packet yesterday. I live in Arizona though so that may be why it was so quick.

I received my admission packet today as well! Now it feels official, lol. :soexcited:

would one of you mind letting me know when the first deposit is due? i don't think ill be getting my package in the mail for a little while

For those of you who received the package and thinking about coming to UNLV, I want to say something on the housing part.

The package includes a housing advice from the class president of 18 and 17. The point I want to make is Henderson is not a 30 mins to the school like the 2018 president said.

I live in the zip code of 89074 just like the president of 2017 living in. I've to the school more than 10 times now on different time of day and it takes me no more than 20 mins even with some traffic.

Just my 2 pennies on this subject.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get a scholarship offer? does unlv include it in the acceptance package? or is there a separate financial aid packet that they send afterwards?

Kind of random, I will be heading to the school this Friday for some questions to ask the admission office, if anyone is heading to the school for interview this Friday (12 Dec) and need a ride from their hotel and back, please let me know (PM me).

I can take 2 more people (1 spot reversed) , and yes, it's free. (Unless you live in crazy far hotel...)

Can anyone give me some advice for the interview? Mine is coming up in January and I want to do as well as possible. I have had 5 interviews this far but only one acceptance. 4 of the interviews went very well IMO but that obviously hasn't translated into acceptances. Feel free to PM if you would like. Thanks!

To those who have already interviewed...I have an interview coming up and the flight I have schedule leaves at 4PM. It is the only flight out that day that doesn't cost a fortune. I noticed in the interview day schedule there is a wrap up lecture after the individual interviews. Is that required or is there a possibility I could sneak out before?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that if you let the admissions office know the situation they would probably be willing to let you head out after your interview. The wrap up presentation was an army recruiter telling us about the HPSP scholarship opportunities, and then Dr. Capurro telling us a little bit about Las Vegas and why the school is a good choice.
Do you mind telling us what did Dr. Capurro said exactly, about the school, area, and why it is a good choice? Thanks

Hey, I would really appreciate it if someone who has interviewed could give some tips or info on the actual interview portion of the interview day. What types of questions? Is it pretty formal? Anything to watch out for? Also, What is the essay excersize all about??

Anyone interviewing tomorrow and want to meet up tonight? Send me a pm. About to go out for dinner

Congrats to those who got accepted! I'm a fourth year dental student at UNLV and I am taking my final dental licensing exam before I graduate. I am looking for patients who are need of a deep cleaning or filling. So if you in Las Vegas, and are interested in being a patient and getting a glimpse of UNLV SDM clinic, please let me know. UNLV is holding free screening/examinations to see if you would qualify. If so, the treatment would be FREE with additional incentives. Please let me know if you are interested and I can provide more details.

Attachments

• flyer dental boards.jpg
    flyer dental boards.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 112
Has anyone that interviewed post-December received acceptances/rejections?

I called and they said next batch of acceptances will be out on 19th

Just got done interviewing. We were told the next round of decisions will be made the first week of February

Adcom meets on the 14th, but decisions won't be mailed until the first week of February.

Adcom meets on the 14th, but decisions won't be mailed until the first week of February.
Thanks for clarifying. Is notification strictly via snail mail?

That's what we were told yesterday.

Got a call today (accepted). I am in-state, interviewed in Nov. :)

Good luck to everyone

Got a call today as well. OOS( Cali resident) . Interviewed in January :clap:

Got the call today too!!! Accepted as well. In-state. Interviewed in September.

Anyone that interviewed in December get a call?

Wow congratulations. That's weird. We were told last Friday that offers would not be made until February

Wow congratulations. That's weird. We were told last Friday that offers would not be made until February

Hey customx,

Perhaps it was directed towards your interview group only? I'm sure there's a process that they have to go through that takes some time, so they probably were giving a timeline specific for your group.

Last edited:
It appears someone in my interview group was accepted yesterday. At least I know the decision could come at any time

Hello Everybody! My name is Adam, and I was accepted to UNLV SDM in December. I wanted to start a Facebook group for the Class of 2019. Send me a PM of your Facebook name and I'll add you to my friends list so that we can get the group started. I'm excited to get to meet some of my potential classmates before classes start next Fall!

Does anyone know when they will finish giving out this round of acceptances? I am wondering if I should call the admissions office to find out about my status...:(

Does anyone know when they will finish giving out this round of acceptances? I am wondering if I should call the admissions office to find out about my status...:(
Call them. During my interview they said if you didn't hear any thing back from us feel free to call! It's a good way of showing you are concerned about your app status. Good luck :)

Call them. During my interview they said if you didn't hear any thing back from us feel free to call! It's a good way of showing you are concerned about your app status. Good luck :)
Oh I've called them before...a lot. Since my interview I've kept in touch with them with updates, etc. I'm just wondering if I should call now to learn my fate

UNLV SDM acceptance on Wednesday as well, In-state. Interviewed September.

"No decision at this time." Looks like I'll have to wait until Feb 26 for the third round of acceptances (if there any)...:(:(

Just got invited for an interview! Any pointers or advice for the interview process?

Any advice for the interview day would be greatly appreciated! Please and thank-you!

Be yourself! And make an effort to speak with the students during lunch time (Super important). They will give you a lot information regarding the school and faculty. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Does anyone know if they're done giving out acceptances for now?

Yah...could someone briefly describe how the process goes? What were some of the questions asked. Mine is 2 days. Thanks

Yah...could someone briefly describe how the process goes? What were some of the questions asked. Mine is 2 days. Thanks

You can read the older post in this thread, they are true, really relax.