***The Official UNLV Class of 2024 Interview Thread***

Hammy1754

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submitted my app yesterday, July 1st. I'm now waiting to receive a link for the supplemental application. I'm actually not clear from reading the admissions website if the link to the supplemental app will be emailed, who will get a supplemental app, etc.

The UNLV website also mentions the following

You must also complete the registration pages located on the UNLV Graduate College website. First time users should click “New User” below the login icon. Users will be prompted to enter an email address and password.

That is from this web page, second item under "Applying to the Dental School."

Does anyone know the deal with this, it's just something we all have to do? Is it required only if we get the supplemental app?

Link to interview prep: University of Nevada-Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official UNLV Class of 2023 Interview Thread***

*edited by the staff to include a link to last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get a link to set up a UNLV account?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to see anything on our MyUNLV homepage? Mine says "no active application" under the "Admissions" box, which is concerning. However, if I use the Grad Rebel Gateway, my homepage shows that my application is under review. Are these two portals the same thing? Which one should I be looking at? Thank you!

I have the same exact thing, so I am thinking the Grad Rebel Gateway is the one we look at.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #1
School:
UNLV
Notification date: 7/22/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 6/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/20/Yes-QR(16)

Very very excited

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: UNLV
Notification date: 07/23/19
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/25/none

Still haven’t chosen my interview date yet but excited to see the school!

Last edited:
Received interview invite 7/22!!! Interviewing on 10/18 did any one else choose this interview session?

Rejection #1
Notification date: 25 July 2019
Method of notification: Email and Portal
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 4 June 2019
Application complete date: 4 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/22/None

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I knew. I had about 120 shadowing hours, 3 years research experience, and i felt like my personal statement and rec letters were pretty good too :(. having them deny me so quickly made me think i must not have passed some sort of cut-off, i thought maybe my QR being a 16, but someone already posted that they recieved an interview with a QR of 16.

It's okay though, i applied to a decent number of schools so hopefully I'll have better luck elsewhere!
Dont give up! Keep waiting. You will get an interview very soon! I have 15 in QR and I have received two interviews already! Keep it up!!!

I just got an interview invitation this morning. Still not sure which date I should set for my interview yet.

Dont give up! Keep waiting. You will get an interview very soon! I have 15 in QR and I have received two interviews already! Keep it up!!!
Which schools have you recieved interviews for, if you dont mind me asking?

What would be the reason? Your stats seems good

I applied last cycle and got denied solely based on stats ( I called them and thats what they told me). I had similar stats. I even had some connections there as well. I ended up doing fine throughout the cycle with other schools so it ended up being fine. I actually counted it as a blessing I got denied. They seemed too focused on looking good on paper and fitting the PC mold.

So those who got rejected don't get discouraged! It doesn't accurately set the tone for how your cycle is going to go. haha. best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So these grasshoppers huh

Reactions: 5 users
Does the supplemental application for UNLV involve an essay portion or is there just information entry?

Hi everyone! I just had a quick question and wanted to see if anyone else's AADSAS status page shows this. So for the other schools it says "Received/Under Review" but UNLV for me is the only one that says "Received/Application Complete". Is this something I should be worried about or can someone tell me what this means?

Received invitation via email!
Interview #1
School:
UNLV
Notification date: 7/22/19
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 6/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/20/Yes-QR(16)

Very very excited
Interview #2
Notification date: 07/23/19
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/25/none

Still haven’t chosen my interview date yet but excited to see the school!
What're the first available dates for interviews? tryna add it to the invite tracker

What're the first available dates for interviews? tryna add it to the invite tracker

They were Oct 5th, 18th and Nov 1st! Thank you for putting the tracker together. When do you expect to post a link?

September 13 and 27 are first interview dates I think

Oh interesting! Thanks for clarifying. I had received the initial email on July 26th and thought the ones who had received invites between July 22nd - 26th were offered the same dates. It seems like they have biweekly interview dates.

I received my interview invite July 26th and the only available date was October 11th did anyone get an earlier one?

Interview #2
School:
UNLV
Notification date: 8/14/19
Method of notification: Email (10 mins ago)
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/20/22/none

Interview #2
School:
UNLV
Notification date: 8/14/19
Method of notification: Email (10 mins ago)
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/20/22/none
Congrats, When is it?

If we get an interview----is it like a high chance of acceptance if we do great or do they interview lots of peopel

Congrats, When is it?

Still trying to figure that one out... It only says that interviews will be on Fridays and doesn't give me my options like MWU-AZ did and it isn't showing up in my "My UNLV" or "Grad Rebel Gateway". Does anyone know if I'll be getting a follow-up email or do I need to call them to setup interview?

Still trying to figure that one out... It only says that interviews will be on Fridays and doesn't give me my options like MWU-AZ did and it isn't showing up in my "My UNLV" or "Grad Rebel Gateway". Does anyone know if I'll be getting a follow-up email or do I need to call them to setup interview?

When you click the "schedule your interview" link from the email, it should take you do a page with the available interview dates. From here, you click on the date you want and you can register for it.

The available dates as of 8/14/2019 are October 18th or November 1st.

When you click the "schedule your interview" link from the email, it should take you do a page with the available interview dates. From here, you click on the date you want and you can register for it.

The available dates as of 8/14/2019 are October 18th or November 1st.

Thanks, ended up calling them and discovered that they forgot to send the 2nd email with the link. Signed up for October 18th - so excited!

What are your stats and when did you apply?

4.0 cGPA
23 AA/22 TS/22 BIO/21 GC/26 OC/19 PAT/30 RC/ 16 QR.

I also did 2 REU programs, TAed for over a year, and have ample volunteer/shadowing hours.

My DAT wasn’t official until like the 1st of August (took it on Jul 25th).

Hi, is anyone here a current UNLV dental school student? I'm trying to prepare for the interview and I've been reading through their website but I cannot find much to talk about on what makes this school unqiue/why I would prefer it over other schools or why I would choose UNLV over other schools. Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd like to know
Hi, is anyone here a current UNLV dental school student? I'm trying to prepare for the interview and I've been reading through their website but I cannot find much to talk about on what makes this school unqiue/why I would prefer it over other schools or why I would choose UNLV over other schools. Any help on this would be really appreciated.

I'd like to know this too, I really want to do my best in the interview for this school for lots of reasons but I would like to get a greater understanding of the program and what distinguishes this school from other schools from current students!

I'd like to know

I'd like to know this too, I really want to do my best in the interview for this school for lots of reasons but I would like to get a greater understanding of the program and what distinguishes this school from other schools from current students!
In order to your best in any interview, you need to be yourself and who you are. I personally believe there is no way to “prepare” for an interview. Just go be yourself and that’s the best you can do.

In order to your best in any interview, you need to be yourself and who you are. I personally believe there is no way to “prepare” for an interview. Just go be yourself and that’s the best you can do.
That's a horrible advice. If you are not preparing for your interview, you are doing yourself a disservice. Interviewing is a skills, and with all skills, you can work on it and make improvement.

Reactions: 5 users
i'm going into my D2 year at UNLV, DM me if you have questions. would be happy to help :)

I just checked on my UNLV portal for an update on my secondary application and it says under “Admissions” that there’s no application on record?
Does anyone else have this issue?

I just checked the portal and mine says "under review"