***The Official UNLV Class of 2024 Interview Thread***

I got an acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

They already sent all of the accepted people today? or still have a plan to send this week?
My status is "none" and didn't receive a waitlist email from UNLV.
Let's stay hopeful!
I think they are already done for first round. Any update?

Members don't see this ad :)
any current students at UNLV that I can DM with some questions?

I believe last year it was set up the beginning of January probably the time when deposits are due so they know who to invite to the group

Where do most students live? What's the typical rent like? Is it possible to get a place right next to campus and do you recommend doing this?

Where do most students live? What's the typical rent like? Is it possible to get a place right next to campus and do you recommend doing this?
Most people live in Henderson or Summerlin areas. Pretty cheap when you rent out a place.

I decline my offer this morning. I hope one of you guys get it. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If you don’t mind me asking where did you choose to go instead?
I decided to go to Colorado. It was a really hard decision since I wanted to do underserve dentistry service and UNLV seems to have earlier community service opportunities. But, I missed having four seasons, I wanted to be closer to my old friends and family, and the colorado tuition was a bit cheaper. UNLV is still an amazing school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else not get their acceptance package yet? I'm still waiting on mine in order to be able to put down the deposit. Could someone let me know what their package contained so I know what to expect? Thanks!

Did anyone else not get their acceptance package yet? I'm still waiting on mine in order to be able to put down the deposit. Could someone let me know what their package contained so I know what to expect? Thanks!
Are you NV or another state? Just curious :)

UNLV is your top choice? and if you don't mind, can you share your stat?
Right now it's the only acceptance I have but if I we're to move off the waitlist for another school I would probably reconsider. Sure! My stats were about a 3.5 GPA and 24 AA/ 20 PAT/ 20 TS

It is a large envelope with Statement of Intent, Technical Standards, ocular exam, immunization, background check, acceptance letter, and a checklist.

It is a large envelope with Statement of Intent, Technical Standards, ocular exam, immunization, background check, acceptance letter, and a checklist.
Oh okay cool thanks for the response! Did you also have to fill out the background check sent via email? Does UNLV require both? Thanks!

Oh okay cool thanks for the response! Did you also have to fill out the background check sent via email? Does UNLV require both? Thanks!
The background check is online, the paper in the mail is just a letter reminding you to do it online. You welcome! :)

Those who are planning to attend or would like to attend UNLV what are your top reasons?
I’m having a bit of trouble deciding between UNLV and the UW RIDE program (IS). The costs are similar, and UNLV would actually be a bit cheaper especially when factoring in Seattle rent. Additionally my SO, who will be moving with me is a Finance major, and it sounds like there would be good job opportunities for him there.

How is the cost of living in Vegas? What kind of rent should I expect?
What is life like, aka what is there to do outside of the strip, etc?
Any reasons for hesitation in attending UNLV?
Thank you in advance for any replies, it’s just such a big decision (as I know you all understand) :)

Do you guys know if they have offer interviews in Jan and Feb?

Do you guys know if they have offer interviews in Jan and Feb?

I'm not sure how many interview dates would be available in Jan/Feb but I know they do hold interviews up until Feb.

Those who are planning to attend or would like to attend UNLV what are your top reasons?
I’m having a bit of trouble deciding between UNLV and the UW RIDE program (IS). The costs are similar, and UNLV would actually be a bit cheaper especially when factoring in Seattle rent. Additionally my SO, who will be moving with me is a Finance major, and it sounds like there would be good job opportunities for him there.

How is the cost of living in Vegas? What kind of rent should I expect?
What is life like, aka what is there to do outside of the strip, etc?
Any reasons for hesitation in attending UNLV?
Thank you in advance for any replies, it’s just such a big decision (as I know you all understand) :)
i am in the same position as you! correct me if I'm wrong but I think UNLV is significantly cheaper than UW when you consider that you can get in-state tuition after the 1st year so you would gain tremendous cost benefit there. I've been researching a lot about the life outside vegas and I've been learning that it can be quite luxurious for cheap especially in areas like summerlin!

i am in the same position as you! correct me if I'm wrong but I think UNLV is significantly cheaper than UW when you consider that you can get in-state tuition after the 1st year so you would gain tremendous cost benefit there. I've been researching a lot about the life outside vegas and I've been learning that it can be quite luxurious for cheap especially in areas like summerlin!

Well it’s about ~ 10k cheaper overall (compared to IS UW) in just tuition/mandatory fees after looking at 1st year OOS and the rest as IS tuition. The more I look into I think it’ll be a good fit. :) I have a sheltie with a lot of fur, so I was worried about her and the heat, but I think it’ll be fine with early morning/later walks during summer.
Have you committed to a school yet?

Well it’s about ~ 10k cheaper overall (compared to IS UW) in just tuition/mandatory fees after looking at 1st year OOS and the rest as IS tuition. The more I look into I think it’ll be a good fit. :) I have a sheltie with a lot of fur, so I was worried about her and the heat, but I think it’ll be fine with early morning/later walks during summer.
Have you committed to a school yet?
I haven't yet, but greatly leaning to UNLV due to cost / living being a huge saver while having a solid clinical program.. hard to pass up

I haven't yet, but greatly leaning to UNLV due to cost / living being a huge saver while having a solid clinical program.. hard to pass up

Hey also strongly leaning towards UNLV for those same reasons (I'm an east coaster). What kinds of dwellings and rents are you seeing in summerlin? And what is the commute like to school from the places you're looking at? Are there apartments near the school? Think I would like to live closer to campus for the first two years.

Hey also strongly leaning towards UNLV for those same reasons (I'm an east coaster). What kinds of dwellings and rents are you seeing in summerlin? And what is the commute like to school from the places you're looking at? Are there apartments near the school? Think I would like to live closer to campus for the first two years.

Are you able to PM me?

For those accepting offers of admission, where is it we send our official transcripts? I'm seeing UNLV as an option in parchment but nothing specific to the dental school.

Do I need to address the dental school in the ATTN field, or is there something else I need to be doing?

Edit: Called admissions and they said enter the email address "[email protected]" into parchment.

Last edited:
I'm a current D2 student at UNLV, anybody here can PM me if you have any questions you would like to get answered. Congrats on getting in! I love UNLV and Dental School in general.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I just received interview invitation for 1/10 and 1/31. Can anyone gives me insight of what type of question they ask and stress level? By attending 1/31 will I be significantly disadvantaged?

Hi guys! I just received interview invitation for 1/10 and 1/31. Can anyone gives me insight of what type of question they ask and stress level? By attending 1/31 will I be significantly disadvantaged?
when did you submit your application?

when did you submit your application?
Well submited like September but did not submit last letter til December (didnt' know i needed 3 letters from professors. Had 3 total but 2 from professors)

Obviously you’ll be at a disadvantage but if they invited you then there will always be that chance of acceptance. The interview is super stress free and is less of a questionnaire interview and more of a talk, there’s about ten extremely broad questions that are super easy to answer. If you know why you love dentistry then the interview will be a cake walk. Best of luck

I got the interview invite as well. Is it worth to pay $500 more for a flight ticket to attend the interview on 1/10? The flight ticket is cheaper for 1/31.

Well submited like September but did not submit last letter til December (didnt' know i needed 3 letters from professors. Had 3 total but 2 from professors)
I applied in August. With 2 science professor, 1 dentist, 1 advisor. But I haven't heard anything. Btw the website says "If the school does not have a committee, an applicant must submit four individual letters of evaluation (at least 2 from science professors). A letter from a dentist for whom the applicant has worked or shadowed is required in both cases".

Interview is very laid back and they make you feel welcomed there.

heard today that there were about 80 deposits already in... this seems significantly higher than previous years from what I've seen, but not too sure. can anyone confirm? committee should be meeting early february. either way, I'm just hoping for the best!

heard today that there were about 80 deposits already in... this seems significantly higher than previous years from what I've seen, but not too sure. can anyone confirm? committee should be meeting early february. either way, I'm just hoping for the best!
Good chance some ppl will drop by March for other schools

where did you find out that 80 deposits have been made?

I called this past week. They’re meeting on Jan 15th and acceptances will be sent starting the next day.

M
I called this past week. They’re meeting on Jan 15th and acceptances will be sent starting the next day.
My friend who interviewed on 1/10 said they told the applicants they were supposed to meet next week, but had to cancel it. They said they would meet first week of February instead