***The Official UoP Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I just got an email from UOP saying that my application is "under secondary review by the Executive Admissions Committee due to the impending Winter break." What exactly is secondary review?
I got this too. Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also just received the same email! Pretty sure it's VERY good news! :)

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!!

what does it mean that your application is under secondary review by the admissions committee??? I got this email after the initial email saying I as under active review. For the peopel that have received interviews, did you get this email prior to the invite?
Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad :)
UOP really threw a curveball at us three days before Christmas LOL.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I'm already second-guessing my initial instinct and am not sure that it means anything at all..

Got the email as well. I dont think it means anything tbh hahaha. I would like to know if theres anyone that DID NOT get this email lol

Reactions: 3 users
I'm just gonna assume that everyone who hasn't been rejected by UOP yet got this email lol.
At least I won't be disappointed later if I don't get my hopes up now :)

I don't think UoP has rejected anyone yet

Hmm.. interestingly they do not want academic updates/supplemental documents unless specifically requested by the Office of Admissions. If I send an academic update to other schools, doesn't AADSAS send the transcript to EVERY school I've applied to, including UOP though?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well it seems everyone has gotten this email and because UoP hasn't rejected anyone yet I doubt this means anything

I feel like the first paragraph of the email doesn't even make sense. It's under secondary review DUE to the impending winter break?? Huh?

Because no one posted rejected on this thread yet

I think the email was more of a "happy holidays" kind of thing. I mean there's only like 8 days left in the year lol (including holidays and weekends).

I got a under secondary review email today.

Hey with all the recent waiting (in my case), this email was nice. Happy holidays everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Same email here. Not sure what it means but hey, better than a rejection email. I'll take it

I feel like secondary review might mean they've seen our application already but are like iffy about it and so they're gonna review it again when they come back from winter break. I received the initial under review email early august and haven't heard anything until today.

I could be completely wrong about this...it's just a thought.

It just means they are going on break for 2 weeks and will get back to applications when they get back.

Hmm.. interestingly they do not want academic updates/supplemental documents unless specifically requested by the Office of Admissions. If I send an academic update to other schools, doesn't AADSAS send the transcript to EVERY school I've applied to, including UOP though?
Once AADSAS verify your grades and recalculate your GPA they will probably mail out the update to all designated schools, I'm sure UOP's admissions aware of it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Once AADSAS verify your grades and recalculate your GPA they will probably mail out the update to all designated schools, I'm sure UOP's admissions aware of it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Surely they would want to know which applicants are suffering from extreme senioritus lol

If you are accepted, do you lose your spot if you don't pay the $1000 deposit? Even before Jan 30?

If you are accepted, do you lose your spot if you don't pay the $1000 deposit? Even before Jan 30?

That's pretty much the point of the deposit--to reserve your place in the class, so yes, you may lose your spot. Although your date may be different, my deposit is due Jan 15, so you may want to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's pretty much the point of the deposit--to reserve your place in the class, so yes, you may lose your spot. Although your date may be different, my deposit is due Jan 15, so you may want to double check.

Ah so if I'm understanding correctly, seats are being filled even before your deposit deadline. What happens if you pay the deposit before the deadline but there are no seats left? Waitlist?

Ah so if I'm understanding correctly, seats are being filled even before your deposit deadline. What happens if you pay the deposit before the deadline but there are no seats left? Waitlist?

No. If you are an accepted student your seat is reserved until the deposit deadline. If that date passes and you have not paid your deposit, your seat becomes available to others.

Okay great! Thanks.

Also one more question, UOP wants you to get a B or better all your classes; does that include B-? What should you do if you get one?

Okay great! Thanks.

Also one more question, UOP wants you to get a B or better all your classes; does that include B-? What should you do if you get one?

Not entirely sure to be honest. Would be best to email admissions.

Are they still giving out interviews?

Are they still giving out interviews?

If the previous years thread is any indication, then interviews for spots will happen until around end of February and then alternate interviews will begin.

Does anyone know if the interviews they're giving out are for seats in the class or waitlist spots ?

Invited for an interview today! :) Scheduled for 1/30

Reactions: 2 users
So it begins.. Do you know how many interview dates were available? or did they just pick a date for you?

So it begins.. Do you know how many interview dates were available? or did they just pick a date for you?

They gave a good amount of dates, maybe about 4 or 5? Earliest was 1/26, latest option they gave was 2/13 I believe.