***The Official UoP Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by DragoBlue
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I applied to UoP on Sunday and I paid my supplemental the same day. The next day I received the email that says my application is under review. Since I applied late in august, will they review apps that were submitted before mine or is my app treated the same way as everyone's else since I got the application complete and under review email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

My name is Jordan Barnett and I am currently a first year at UOP Dugoni. My roommates and I, also first years will be hosting interviewees this cycle. We live 1 block away (~2-3 min walk) from the school.

If this is something that you may be interested in, please send me a direct message or email me directly: [email protected]

Thank you and good luck! Also message me if you have any questions!
Whats the catch? Lol
 
School: UoP
Notification date: 9/11
Method of notification: Phone/Email
Residency: CA
Application received date (File Under Review Email): 7/12
Interview Date: 10/12
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17

Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing
 
School: UoP
Notification date: 9/11
Method of notification: Phone/Email
Residency: CA
Application received date (File Under Review Email): 7/12
Interview Date: 10/12
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17

Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing
Congratulations!!! What time did they call you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Just had my interview with UoP on 9/18- it was really nice!
I'll post my application details below 🙂

Application submission: Submitted: 6/16 Completed: 6/26 Verified: 6/30; Note-- I took the DAT on 7/19 and the score was processed mid-August.
Notification date: 08/29
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: California
GPA (science, overall): 3.59, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR/Bio/OC/GC): 24/24/23/26/21/22/30/22
 
I received the under review email 7/16, do I still have a shot at an interview at this point? From last year's thread it seems like they go in order of submission.
 
I received the under review email 7/16, do I still have a shot at an interview at this point? From last year's thread it seems like they go in order of submission.
I dont know about the order thing... i think there was someone on this thread who received an interview a few weeks before I did although I submitted about a month before them..
 
Urg this is frustrating, do you guys really think overshooting the school's enrolling averages decreases your chances? I'm a student with a 23 AA, 23 TS, GPA: 3.8+, Experiences are sub-par: 200+ lab research experience, 50+ hours dental shadowing experience.

Received/Under-Review status gained: Aug 10th
 
Urg this is frustrating, do you guys really think overshooting the school's enrolling averages decreases your chances? I'm a student with a 23 AA, 23 TS, GPA: 3.8+, Experiences are sub-par: 200+ lab research experience, 50+ hours dental shadowing experience.

Received/Under-Review status gained: Aug 10th
It's alright man, similar stats here and have so many hours of experience 1000+ but didn't hear anything yet.
 
Canadian over here and nothing yet for me.. my application was complete and under review Sept 11
 
Those of you who've had interviews already-- what's the set up? 1v1? Closed? Open? Chill? Unchill?
Pretty chill day overall. There is a 1 pg writing sample at the beginning of the day. Student interview was super laid back and informal. More of a conversation. Interview with faculty was a little more intense. My interviewer had a printed copy of my personal statement, my writing sample, referenced several of the dentist's I had shadowed, and knew all of my extracurriculars. That said, he was still very genuine. We alternated between him asking a question and me asking a question. Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty chill day overall. There is a 1 pg writing sample at the beginning of the day. Student interview was super laid back and informal. More of a conversation. Interview with faculty was a little more intense. My interviewer had a printed copy of my personal statement, my writing sample, referenced several of the dentist's I had shadowed, and knew all of my extracurriculars. That said, he was still very genuine. We alternated between him asking a question and me asking a question. Good luck!
Super helpful, thank you so much!
 
It's my third year applying, I've been contacting admissions to check on status and have discussed my application multiple times. Long story short, I didn't do well when I first graduated high school. I went back to college at 25 and everything improved but my grades from 13 years ago are still stopping me from getting the call.

Hopefully this is my year! UoP is an AMAZING school, if you haven't had the chance to tour it you should! Everyone I talk to is so nice and the facility is top-notch. I would love to hear back from them soon!
 
congrats!! I'm just wondering which dates did UOP offer you for your interview?
i wanna get an estimation of how many spots are still available!
thanks
They offered me 11/9, 11/16, and 11/27 but that was on 10/20 so they're probably more than likely all filled except the 27th by now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.