** The Official UPenn Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread **

Supplemental essays not fun :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think we can just elaborate on dental experience we put in our AADSAS application?

Do you think we can just elaborate on dental experience we put in our AADSAS application?

probably. i think im just gonna talk about the future.

The supp. does take some time, but its not that bad

How long are your answers to each of these questions on the supplemental app?

How long are your answers to each of these questions on the supplemental app?

I just referenced the C/O 2017 thread. seems like 1.5 pages is the avg....God Ive got to start this haha, procrastinationnnnnn :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I just referenced the C/O 2017 thread. seems like 1.5 pages is the avg....God Ive got to start this haha, procrastinationnnnnn :laugh:

Wth, per question 1.5 pages?? So 6 pages in total? That's insane................:eek:

Wth, per question 1.5 pages?? So 6 pages in total? That's insane................:eek:

Hahaha, no. 1.5 pages total. Not 1.5 for each question

Do you know if that was 1.5 pages single- or double-spaced?

I suggest people don't set a limit on themselves to the length for this. Some people make it 1.5 per question some made it 1.5 for the full thing. People with get accepted and rejected regardless of the length. Its the content that should be the focus. It all depends on how much you want to say. Don't handicap yourself before you even start. (Just don't make it something ridiculous like 15 pages.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest people don't set a limit on themselves to the length for this. Some people make it 1.5 per question some made it 1.5 for the full thing. People with get accepted and rejected regardless of the length. Its the content that should be the focus. It all depends on how much you want to say. Don't handicap yourself before you even start. (Just don't make it something ridiculous like 15 pages.)

:thumbup:

In responding to the essay questions, did you all re-type the questions?
Probably insignificant, but thought I'd ask.

I was curious too, and I tried it without the questions and it looked like a school assignment lol. Definitely put the questions in there if only to look more formal like a secondary given at interviews

I personally thought it was unnecessary to put in the questions. So long as you answered the question and thoroughly implied the answer.

Are you guys typing you name in the "signature section" of the supplemental? Or are you guys printing it out and then actually signing it by hand?

Are you guys typing you name in the "signature section" of the supplemental? Or are you guys printing it out and then actually signing it by hand?

That's what I did last year.

which one? type or hand write? lol

which one? type or hand write? lol

Signed my signature with a pen. I think it looks nicer. Printed it all out then sent a packet (didn't fold my supplemental into an envelope). Again, just wanted to make things look nice.

Signed my signature with a pen. I think it looks nicer. Printed it all out then sent a packet (didn't fold my supplemental into an envelope). Again, just wanted to make things look nice.

oo, thats was a really good idea. I think I might do the same if I have the time to put it in a packet.

Im Hopeful..

Nothing gets me going like PENN

AA:20 TS:22 PAT:21

Hey everyone! I'm applying to UPenn this year too :)

Good luck!!

Does anyone know when penn first starts contacting people for interviews?

Does anyone know when penn first starts contacting people for interviews?

Not sure when they start contacting. But they start interviews in September and go until March. So my guess for starting to contact people would be sometime in August at the earliest.

edit: This is what the Penn Dental site says, "Interview invitations will be emailed beginning August 2013 and will continue through February 2014 on a rolling basis". (http://www.dental.upenn.edu/academic_programs_admissions/dmd_program/dmd_program_admissions)

I just got my email from Penn saying my application is complete. How soon did you get your email? I'm a little worried that it will look bad that I mailed my supplemental about 2 1/2 weeks after I submitted my AADSAS application. I waited because I wanted my supplemental to be good, and I was so burnt out from my AADSAS personal statement, and I also did not think it would matter since it would take a few weeks for my GPA to be verified, etc.

i hope i get an email soon then lol.

I just got my email from Penn saying my application is complete. How soon did you get your email? I'm a little worried that it will look bad that I mailed my supplemental about 2 1/2 weeks after I submitted my AADSAS application. I waited because I wanted my supplemental to be good, and I was so burnt out from my AADSAS personal statement, and I also did not think it would matter since it would take a few weeks for my GPA to be verified, etc.

I'm just mailing mine today, monday will be 3 weeks from my aadsas submission:laugh:
I was so burnt out from my PS too...so at least if its not the norm, we're in it together:thumbup:

I received an email from them saying they were missing my sup. and sup. fee.

how in depth should we answer these questions? I had about more than a paragraph for each question......

how in depth should we answer these questions? I had about more than a paragraph for each question......

this will vary from person to person. Enough to convey your point; as long as you're not rambling you're fine.

UPenn cashed my check today.

my check was cashed yesterday as well.

For those folks with check cashed, when was your 2* app and check mailed?

sent last week, but received confirmation from Penn Monday stating my app was complete.

I sent my sup about two weeks ago. they only cashed the check, but they didnt update my application saying receiving the sup.

Application was completed on July 1st and I got an information package through mail last week

Application was completed on July 1st and I got an information package through mail last week

Was it general information about the school or instructions on the next steps of the application process?

It was general information and admission statistics that could be found on their website.

yeah i got that same package 2 days ago as well.

That's what I get for applying to 22 schools, so many supp apps :/. Upenn, UNC, and Minn are the most tedious. I agree with Tandem7, after completing the AADSAS you're baked.

Oh well, you've got to do what you've got to do. Thank you all for your posts. It has encouraged me to tackle this supp app.

my letters and secondary all submitted after my appli was mailed. they did not even sent an update email,, only cashed the check.

my letters and secondary all submitted after my appli was mailed. they did not even sent an update email,, only cashed the check.

So you didn't get an app complete email? I was in second batch and I got mine. I dug around a little and saw that you're in the first batch, so I suggest you follow up with them.

Definitely follow up with them...within reason. Not sure what they are doing this year, but in years' past (including last), Penn mailed things to applicants and the post office was a little unreliable for me. Only because I called to check on my application (mailed June, heard nothing by August) did I find out I was invited for an interview.

Definitely follow up with them...within reason. Not sure what they are doing this year, but in years' past (including last), Penn mailed things to applicants and the post office was a little unreliable for me. Only because I called to check on my application (mailed June, heard nothing by August) did I find out I was invited for an interview.

This year they stated in the Application Complete email that they will be sending out email and mail for interview invites. So fear not for the unreliable post office services :)

Applied to UPenn as well,

GPA: 3.80
DAT: AA 21, TS 21, PAT 20

Just received the app complete email. If Penn still plans on beginning interviews in September, maybe we'll start hearing back in a week or two.