-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
** The Official UPenn Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread **
Started by BlackThought
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sending my supplementary in on Monday 8/04...am I too late or do I stand a shot? Assuming average stats for Penn.
You are right on time 🙂 no worries 🙂 they just started reviewing
^Thanks! I pray you are right!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest people don't set a limit on themselves to the length for this. Some people make it 1.5 per question some made it 1.5 for the full thing. People with get accepted and rejected regardless of the length. Its the content that should be the focus. It all depends on how much you want to say. Don't handicap yourself before you even start. (Just don't make it something ridiculous like 15 pages.)
Thanks for giviing us input. My supplemental was 3 pages. I felt I had a lot to say but kept telling myself "quality over quantity, quality over quantity" 🙂
I got a penn brochure in the mail today. They sent application complete email 07/25. Aadsas mail out 07/19. If its good or bad news, I'm ready for it 😳
They send out the brochure once they receive your supplemental app and fee, right? I got mine this past week and they don't have my DAT scores yet.
Just submitted my AADSAS application today. Would it be considered to late too complete the supplemental within two weeks period? I am seeing a lot of post that says the school is supposed to send out some kind of brochure upon receiving our applications.
I'd recommend getting the supplemental to them within a week, it doesn't take too much time to complete. They'll send you the brochure after they receive your supplemental app/payment.
Interview Invite! 8/13
For all those wondering, I was second batch.
What time did you get it?
What time did you get it?
Just now (11:48am pacific time)
I got an interview invitation today too! I didn't check until now but I got it at 2:09 PM EST!! I was first batch. Good luck everyone! 🙂 🙂
Edit: P.S. I'm OOS and also a reapplicant
Edit: P.S. I'm OOS and also a reapplicant
when did you guys submit your secondary app?
7/8 was when it arrived the first time. I had to re-submit it though, it arrived 7/24 the second time.
Interview Invite! 8/13
For all those wondering, I was second batch.
two in one day, congrats!

when did you guys submit your secondary app?
I submitted my AADSAS on 6/13 and completed then mailed Penn's supplemental about a week after that..so around 6/20?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
two in one day, congrats!![]()
Thanks for the kind words! 👍
Just an FYI, interviews are conducted on Thurs or Fri. I scheduled mine for the end of September (the plane flight from cali to philly is no joke$$$). Sounded like they had plenty of openings still at the beginning of the month (good news for those of you who haven't received the email yet!). They offered me Fri the 13th at first...I'm not superstitious, but I didn't want to chance it 🙄

Last edited:
For those with interviews, can you please tell us what date you received the "app complete" email from penn? Thanks and congrats!
I got mine on July 5th
Application submitted 7/26
Requested supplemental 8/8
Completed and ready for review 8/15
Hoping to get interview here!!
Requested supplemental 8/8
Completed and ready for review 8/15
Hoping to get interview here!!
Hello! Interview 8/13, second batch. Cali resident.
I'd totally appreciate it if anyone can recommend a motel/hotel whose budget is fit for a poor college student!
I'd totally appreciate it if anyone can recommend a motel/hotel whose budget is fit for a poor college student!
Interview Invite! 8/13
For all those wondering, I was second batch.
Troyvdg! Congrats! And you're totally right... I'm looking at flights and these prices are not very nice 😱
Got an invite from penn this morning! App complete email received on 7/26
I received the app complete email on 7/30, so they must be getting close to my app. 🙂
I received the app complete email on 7/30, so they must be getting close to my app. 🙂
Same here Dentistador. Hope we both get some good news soon!
I was second batch and haven't reviewed an invite... I really wanted a shot at UPENN!!
Have any Canadians got interviews here yet?
My friends got some already last week
Anybody get their interview packet in the mail yet??
I received mine last week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received mine last week!
Alright nice! Looking forward to getting mine
Anyone interested in sharing a hotel on Sept 12th?
you interviewing the 13th? I might be interested, depending on how my flight itinerary works out.

Getting kind of nervous that I never received an "application complete" email... i got an email on 7/5 saying "penn dental application follow-up" stating they hadn't received my supplemental application or fee yet, but I sent it that day so I had assumed they received it but now I'm nervous. Anyone else not get an "application complete and under review" email?
Getting kind of nervous that I never received an "application complete" email... i got an email on 7/5 saying "penn dental application follow-up" stating they hadn't received my supplemental application or fee yet, but I sent it that day so I had assumed they received it but now I'm nervous. Anyone else not get an "application complete and under review" email?
I didn't get one, so I called them and they said my application is infact under review but that they just didn't send an e-mail. and then she said i can send you one right now though, so then i got the email
Got an interview invitation today! So pumped!
Received the "App complete" email from UPenn on 7/31
Received the "App complete" email from UPenn on 7/31
What is in the brochure? I am up at college now so I won't be getting the brochure personally.
From what I noticed, everything in the brochure can also be found on Penn's website.
From what I noticed, everything in the brochure can also be found on Penn's website.
Alright, thank you.
Hey all,
I scanned my Confirmation form (that I received via snail mail) and sent it to the email listed, but haven't gotten a confirmation reply yet!
Have any of you received a response? (I'll probably call to double check on Tuesday since I'm about to book my flights/hotels!)
I scanned my Confirmation form (that I received via snail mail) and sent it to the email listed, but haven't gotten a confirmation reply yet!
Have any of you received a response? (I'll probably call to double check on Tuesday since I'm about to book my flights/hotels!)
Hey all,
I scanned my Confirmation form (that I received via snail mail) and sent it to the email listed, but haven't gotten a confirmation reply yet!
Have any of you received a response? (I'll probably call to double check on Tuesday since I'm about to book my flights/hotels!)
I faxed mine to them and got a confirmation email same day 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!
I don't know how the batch order works so here are the dates.
7/5/ AADSAS app mailed
7/11 follow up e-mail from UPenn since I had not completed the supp
8/6 complete application confirmed
9/3 Interview invitation
10/17 - 10/18 interview dates
in between 7/11 - 8/6, I called the office once and this lady named Elsee (sp?) picked up and she was really kind. let me know I could fax the supplemental because I was out of the country.
7/5/ AADSAS app mailed
7/11 follow up e-mail from UPenn since I had not completed the supp
8/6 complete application confirmed
9/3 Interview invitation
10/17 - 10/18 interview dates
in between 7/11 - 8/6, I called the office once and this lady named Elsee (sp?) picked up and she was really kind. let me know I could fax the supplemental because I was out of the country.
So I had a really drawn out application process...
AADSAS submitted early July,
Secondary wasn't in until early august, along with my DAT scores.
And my LoR was just sent in last week by my committee.
I know they don't usually update the AADSAS portal with your status, but I still hadn't gotten any confirmation email from them. I called and spoke to Elsie, and then she sent me my "App complete" email.
Is this too late? I keep hearing about people getting interviews already and I'm a little nervous.
AADSAS submitted early July,
Secondary wasn't in until early august, along with my DAT scores.
And my LoR was just sent in last week by my committee.
I know they don't usually update the AADSAS portal with your status, but I still hadn't gotten any confirmation email from them. I called and spoke to Elsie, and then she sent me my "App complete" email.
Is this too late? I keep hearing about people getting interviews already and I'm a little nervous.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K