** The Official UPenn Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread **

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just received an interview invitation for Penn today by email! They said they would mail out a packet of info as well, but that I have to call to schedule my interview, and that they hold interviews on Thursdays and Fridays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am a first year at Penn Dental Medicine. If anyone flies in the day before the interview and would like a tour of the school I d be happy to do that. Post here or PM me any questions/ concerns you may have. Penn is a great school. Can't wait to see you all!
P.S. Sadly it's 7 in the morning and I have to get up and go to clinic session.....


Chen
 
Invited today.

4th batch, sent my supplemental out about a month after submitting AADSAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an interview invite yesterday! I was complete as of 8/22. Only December dates available at this point.
 
Heys guys,
Can anyone who got an interview please post their stats? Mine are pretty good, and I just want to know a general idea because I haven't gotten an interview from them (yet:naughty:)
 
Heys guys,
Can anyone who got an interview please post their stats? Mine are pretty good, and I just want to know a general idea because I haven't gotten an interview from them (yet:naughty:)

Stats below

22aa/23ts/24pat
3.61 sgpa 3.67 ogpa
 
Interesting....thought there were no pre dec invites left.

Jaro, I can tell you that I called VERY early this morning and I was told there was absolutely nothing left in November. The woman I spoke with on the phone was extremely helpful and spent about 5 minutes trying to find a way to get me a nov. date, but she said there were none available. I'm scheduled for the 5th (the 1st post-dec 2nd date), so I'm not too disappointed, but it would have been awesome to get that pre-dec. date.
 
Jaro, I can tell you that I called VERY early this morning and I was told there was absolutely nothing left in November. The woman I spoke with on the phone was extremely helpful and spent about 5 minutes trying to find a way to get me a nov. date, but she said there were none available. I'm scheduled for the 5th (the 1st post-dec 2nd date), so I'm not too disappointed, but it would have been awesome to get that pre-dec. date.

Dont be disappointed...you got an interview! Guess grandslamsam must have called earlier than you this morning or they have specific dates for interviewees that they want filled. Cant think of another reason why he would get a nov date. Either way, best of luck....its a great school! I live in Philadelphia and love it here.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those of you with post-Dec dates, I would actually call them back periodically. I was originally scheduled for Dec. 13, but I called them back a week later after receiving my interview invite email and found a spot on Nov 21.
 
Quick question: is there a ballpark estimate of the acceptance chances following an interview?
 
Quick question: is there a ballpark estimate of the acceptance chances following an interview?

2013 ADEA guide stats for last year:
In-state: Interviewed - 33; Enrolled - 15 (45%)
Out-of-State: Interviewed - 291; Enrolled - 104 (36%)

Pretty good chances it would seem.
 
2013 ADEA guide stats for last year:
In-state: Interviewed - 33; Enrolled - 15 (45%)
Out-of-State: Interviewed - 291; Enrolled - 104 (36%)

Pretty good chances it would seem.

Thanks for posting the helpful info. Is there any info in the 2013 ADEA guide about the # of applicants interviewed that were accepted i.e. offered a seat, as opposed to enrolled/matriculated (Or is Penn still keeping secret about that)? Thanks.
 
Thanks for posting the helpful info. Is there any info in the 2013 ADEA guide about the # of applicants interviewed that were accepted i.e. offered a seat, as opposed to enrolled/matriculated (Or is Penn still keeping secret about that)? Thanks.

No info about offers, only enrolled. Though it's probably safe to assume offers > matriculated, so the percentages would only go up.
 
No info about offers, only enrolled. Though it's probably safe to assume offers > matriculated, so the percentages would only go up.

Thanks. No doubt about the offers > matriculated, just wishfully hoping they offer something closer to twice their class size like many other schools*. This would make an extremely decent interviewed to accepted ratio. Given their high cost of attendance, perhaps it is a possibility :xf:

Anyhow, best of luck to all who have upcoming interviews🙂

* For those who are still confused or doubtful about schools accepting a good number of students more than their class size, I'm sure a glance at the actual interviewed / accepted statistics as posted by doc toothache sourced from the ADEA guide (I think it was the 2012 one that doc used) will clear this up.
 
Just received an invite and happy. Unfortunately, they gave me jan 9th.... Ugh. Went 5 for 5 on applications sent out to invites but this is the one I wanted most!

Prob the class is gonna be full by the time I interview....oh well. Best of luck everyone!
 
Just received an invite and happy. Unfortunately, they gave me jan 9th.... Ugh. Went 5 for 5 on applications sent out to invites but this is the one I wanted most!

Prob the class is gonna be full by the time I interview....oh well. Best of luck everyone!

When did your application complete?
 
Just received an invite and happy. Unfortunately, they gave me jan 9th.... Ugh. Went 5 for 5 on applications sent out to invites but this is the one I wanted most!

Prob the class is gonna be full by the time I interview....oh well. Best of luck everyone!
I wouldn't worry that your invite is not pre December. On my interview, UPENN stressed rolling admissions and that they continue to invite potential candidates for interviews through the spring. These interviews are not specifically for the wait list (as some schools' post-December 1 interviews are). UPENN may have just gotten to your application later. Good luck with your interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't worry that your invite is not pre December. On my interview, UPENN stressed rolling admissions and that they continue to invite potential candidates for interviews through the spring. These interviews are not specifically for the wait list (as some schools' post-December 1 interviews are). UPENN may have just gotten to your application later. Good luck with your interview!

Thanks for the info...made my day!
 
Why do we have to send a transcript for interviews? Anybody know? My GPA is almost unchanged from my university transcript to my AADSAS GPA, so I'm not sure what that's about.....
 
Last edited:
UPenn just showed up on my AADSAS on the 10/28?? Does it mean they just got to my application? It was mailed out July 5th!
 
My UPenn app was under "Received/completed" and just changed to "Received/Under review" today, does this mean that they're only starting to review my app?
 
I never had Upenn on my portal and I was complete on 7/5. What does this mean? Should I call them?