The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2022 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerlagrace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. Hey Everyone! I haven't seen a forum started for applicants applying to UTHSC Memphis College of Dentistry yet so I decided to start this one! Good Luck everyone let the waiting/wishing/hoping game begin!

Applied: 6/19
    Coursework Verified: 7/1
    I don't know how long it takes to get to UT so when someone hears back for an interview please post! I do know interviews do not start until the end of July beginning of August.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Hey Everyone! I haven't seen a forum started for applicants applying to UTHSC Memphis College of Dentistry yet so I decided to start this one! Good Luck everyone let the waiting/wishing/hoping game begin!

Applied: 6/19
      Coursework Verified: 7/1
      I don't know how long it takes to get to UT so when someone hears back for an interview please post! I do know interviews do not start until the end of July beginning of August.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Have you gotten an email from UT yet stating that they received your application? I applied there too and submitted on 6/16, but have not gotten anything yet.

Hey! Have you gotten an email from UT yet stating that they received your application? I applied there too and submitted on 6/16, but have not gotten anything yet.
Same here, nothing yet. I called today and nobody answered. Lol

Haha okay thanks! Let me know if you hear anything & good luck to you :)

I will let you know, if/when I hear something hopefully within the next week of two! I heard they are in the process of replacing a faculty member therefore they might just be a little behind because of! Good Luck you guys!! Is this your home school or are you OOS?

I will let you know, if/when I hear something hopefully within the next week of two! I heard they are in the process of replacing a faculty member therefore they might just be a little behind because of! Good Luck you guys!! Is this your home school or are you OOS?
OOS here

Same here. Any reason you applied to Tennessee?

Nice! I've heard great things about the program. A friend of mine really enjoyed interviewing there and said that they made him feel very at home. The class size isn't overwhelmingly large, but it isn't so small that gaining acceptance as an OOS applicant is unrealistic. Their average scores align with my stats and I would love the opportunity to explore a new area. What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nice! I've heard great things about the program. A friend of mine really enjoyed interviewing there and said that they made him feel very at home. The class size isn't overwhelmingly large, but it isn't so small that gaining acceptance as an OOS applicant is unrealistic. Their average scores align with my stats and I would love the opportunity to explore a new area. What about you?

My buddy interviewed there and fell in love with their program. He recommended that I apply. Not to mention how beautiful the state is and how amazing the BBQ is in Tennessee :)

My buddy interviewed there and fell in love with their program. He recommended that I apply. Not to mention how beautiful the state is and how amazing the BBQ is in Tennessee :)

Agreed!! Lol well good luck to you! Keep us posted if you hear anything back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application on June 3rd, and haven't heard anything up to this point. I called last Monday, and the lady told me that there were "over 400 applications in and they were doing their best to work through them," and the lady said to be keeping an eye on my email over the next few weeks. I am from Columbia, TN, so hopefully that will help a little! I have a 3.96 GPA and 21AA and 20 TS.

Hey all, I submitted my application on June 10th. I just took my DAT today though, so that will take a few weeks to process I'm sure. I have not heard anything as expected with lack of my DAT scores.

20:AA
Arkansas resident

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/24/2017
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: JAN 16, 2017
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Early Jun
Transcript(s) Submitted: Jun 2
Transcript(s) Received: JUN 13
GPA Verified: JULY 18
(AADSAS) Letters Delivered: JULY 5
(AADSAS) Letters Uploaded: JULY 5
Residency: VA
GPA and DAT: 3.66S 3.68O AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 23

I have heard back from most schools that they have received my application, except TENN. I wonder when they are going to inform all the applicants when they received their applications, and if they are going to send out supplemental application since they are so late in the game relative to other schools.

Also ive heard good things about this dental school since its smaller, and has more student oriented curriculum.

Hi everyone, Same here. No news! I submitted my app on June 25th.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/24/2017
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: JAN 16, 2017
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Early Jun
Transcript(s) Submitted: Jun 2
Transcript(s) Received: JUN 13
GPA Verified: JULY 18
(AADSAS) Letters Delivered: JULY 5
(AADSAS) Letters Uploaded: JULY 5
Residency: VA
GPA and DAT: 3.66S 3.68O AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 23

I have heard back from most schools that they have received my application, except TENN. I wonder when they are going to inform all the applicants when they received their applications, and if they are going to send out supplemental application since they are so late in the game relative to other schools.

Also ive heard good things about this dental school since its smaller, and has more student oriented curriculum.

Hey! UT doesn't have supplementals. I do think they have received our applications though, or at least I hope! On ADEA application, do the other schools you applied to state that they have received your applications or does it just state that it has been "verified"?

Hey! I submitted my application June 25 and everything was verified by July 11. UT is the also the only school I have not heard anything from. Also, I am an Arkansas resident, AA is 20, GPA is 3.78, sGPA is 3.64. Good luck!

Hey! UT doesn't have supplementals. I do think they have received our applications though, or at least I hope! On ADEA application, do the other schools you applied to state that they have received your applications or does it just state that it has been "verified"?

just says verified for me. all the other schools either say "Received/Application Complete" or "Received/Under Review'

Does anyone know what their minimum DAT requirement is?

This is the link explains all about DAT score UTHSC needs: https://www.uthsc.edu/dentistry/admissions/DDS/genpolicy.php#dental-admissions-test

"The DAT examines applicants in six (6) general areas: Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Reasoning and Perceptual Ability. Scores received in these areas will also be averaged resulting in two additional scores for Science and Academics for a total of eight scores. Scores in each area may range from 1-30 points for a maximum of 240 possible points. An applicant with a DAT score of 140 points or better will be considered for an interview.

Scores that are generally competitive are an Academic Average of 19 (or better) and no scores of 17 or below."

Does anyone know what their minimum DAT requirement is?

They say to be competitive you want a 19 AA, however I do know a good bit of people who got in with 18, even 17. And I know a few who had subscores of 15. They do like to see very high PAT/RC scores though! Sorry I've racked Dr. Covington's brain many times to see what UT wants.

Did anyone else get a random email from them today basically saying do not contact them about your application? I haven't contacted them at all and I got a random email today but it says that they needed to remind every applicant

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get a random email from them today basically saying do not contact them about your application? I haven't contacted them at all and I got a random email today but it says that they needed to remind every applicant

I got the same one!

Reactions: 1 users
They just changed my status to Received/under review

Has anybody heard the average number of people that apply from Arkansas? I know they accept about 30 from AR, but I just wonder how many normally apply for those 30 spots?

I got it too!! So excited! Good luck everyone! Anyone else an in state applicant??

Has anybody heard the average number of people that apply from Arkansas? I know they accept about 30 from AR, but I just wonder how many normally apply for those 30 spots?
I'm from AR and I know around 200 students from here applied last year, but I don't know if that was specifically to UTHSC. I just know that was the total AR applicants period to dental schools. I imagine a large portion of them, if not all, applied here since they take a lot of AR residents.

Just got an interview invite via email!!

Could you guys post your stats and if you guys are out of state when you say you got an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a 3.96 GPA and a 21 AA with 20 PAT; I submitted my application June 3rd and received the email to interview yesterday.

Can anyone with the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools tell me how OOS-friendly UTenn is?

Can anyone with the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools tell me how OOS-friendly UTenn is?
I think like 47 Tennessee residents get in, 33 Arkansas students get in, and like 12-13 out of state applicants get in. These number might vary slightly.

On Thursday I got an email for an interview! I'll be interviewing on the 11th. Anyone else going to be there?

I'll be there the 18th! Any of you friends scheduled then?

Interview #4
School: UTenn
Notification date: 2017/08/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/13
Application complete date: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.2
4.0 masters GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/26/none

Interview #1
Notification date: 08/23
Residency: TN
Application received date: 06/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.0,3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 21/21/21/21

I am beyond excited for the interview! I chose the September 1st interview date. Good luck to you all! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #2
Notification date: 08/23
Residency: TX
Application received date: 07/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.8,3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/19/20/20

Pumped!!

Anybody else select the September 8th date?

Status
Not open for further replies.