The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2022 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the women who have already interviewed or even plan to interview, did you wear heels or flats? I had originally thought I was going to wear heals and bring flats to change into when we go on the school tour, but I did not realize how the day is set up and how they split you into groups. I don't want to have to change my shoes 4 times in the middle of the day. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I AM SO EXCITED. I got invited for an interview. I am a reapplicant.
School: UTHSC
Application received date: 08/28
Notification date: 09/08
Residency: AR

Reactions: 1 user
My interview date is September 15. To anybody who had already gone to the interview, can you share how the interview day is set up? And what is the format of the interview? Is it individual or group interview? MMI? Open or closed file? :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview date is September 15. To anybody who had already gone to the interview, can you share how the interview day is set up? And what is the format of the interview? Is it individual or group interview? MMI? Open or closed file? :)

It is a very chill day (more so than other schools)- they do a great job of making you feel at ease. On my day there were 18 of us, so they broke us up into 3 groups of 6. My group toured first, while another group went to interviews and another to something else. You are given the tour by the same two members of faculty that will interview you, which is nice because you can really get to know them over the course of the day. After the tour we met back in the big conference type room and waited for our interviews. All were complete before lunch, and mine lasted around 25 minutes. Some students and more faculty join you for lunch, so it's nice to pick their brain and feel out how the student body works and lives! The interview was fairly laid back, the two faculty members and you. It was open file, but a lot of the discussion stemmed from previous answers and it wasn't simply rapid fire questions off of your application. It was a great day all in all and the program was very impressive!

Reactions: 2 users
It is a very chill day (more so than other schools)- they do a great job of making you feel at ease. On my day there were 18 of us, so they broke us up into 3 groups of 6. My group toured first, while another group went to interviews and another to something else. You are given the tour by the same two members of faculty that will interview you, which is nice because you can really get to know them over the course of the day. After the tour we met back in the big conference type room and waited for our interviews. All were complete before lunch, and mine lasted around 25 minutes. Some students and more faculty join you for lunch, so it's nice to pick their brain and feel out how the student body works and lives! The interview was fairly laid back, the two faculty members and you. It was open file, but a lot of the discussion stemmed from previous answers and it wasn't simply rapid fire questions off of your application. It was a great day all in all and the program was very impressive!

Thank you for your reply :) Do you wear heels all day or change to flats during tour?

I wore heels, but it was a good 50/50 with everyone else. Wear whatever you are most comfortable in so you don't look pained or awkward :)
Thank you for your reply :) Do you wear heels all day or change to flats during tour?

I wore heels, but it was a good 50/50 with everyone else. Wear whatever you are most comfortable in so you don't look pained or awkward :)
How is the area around the school? Is there a lot to do?

Have any OOS applicants other than AK residents gotten interviews? I am an AL resident in a Masters program with a 3.71 grad GPA and a 21AA. Just wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation.

Have any OOS applicants other than AK residents gotten interviews? I am an AL resident in a Masters program with a 3.71 grad GPA and a 21AA. Just wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation.

Are many Alaska applicants getting interviews or something?

Did anayone else receive multiple "not to sound rude" automated emails? I didnt send any emails, but received 2 within 4 days

Has anybody heard the average number of people that apply from Arkansas? I know they accept about 30 from AR, but I just wonder how many normally apply for those 30 spots?
how many seats do they have?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if it's too late for pre dec interviews? Submitted in mid July and haven't heard anything

Reactions: 2 users
Interview!

Notification date: 9/25/17
Interview date: 10/6/17
OOS FL resident
3.88 overall GPA, 3.68 sci GPA
21 AA/19 TS/17 PAT/18 BIO/20 gen Chem/23 o Chem/25 RC/19 QR

And just a heads up, the only other interview date I saw open was this Friday 9/29. I didn't see any interview dates past 10/6, but of course that can change. Email said 18 interview spots for 9/29, when I called Emily said there were only 8 spots for 10/6 (I had to ask about being added to 10/6 since it was already full)

Last edited:
Has any Arkansas residents received an Interview lately?

Has any Arkansas residents received an Interview lately?

I haven't.

Sure wish I would soon!

Stats are 20 AA 22 RC
3.5 Gpa

Super involved and a lot of shadowing hours.

Received an interview.

App complete: 8/03/17
Notification: 9/26/17
DAT: 20AA, 19TS (19's across the board), 22PAT, 24RC, 21QR.
GPA: 3.45 overall; 3.39 science.
50ish shadowing hours, a couple of leadership positions, 50ish hours volunteering, no research.

Received an interview.

50ish shadowing hours, a couple of leadership positions, 50ish hours volunteering, no research.
Nice. I'm in a similar situation. And you just heard today?

Received an interview.

When did you apply? What date is your interview on?

Nice. I'm in a similar situation. And you just heard today?

I received the email on Tuesday, 9/26.

When did you apply? What date is your interview on?

I applied on 7/07/17, but I had a transcript issue with concurrent credit from high school. My app was received by UT on 8/03/17. My interview is 10/13/17.

I received the email on Tuesday, 9/26.

I applied on 7/07/17, but I had a transcript issue with concurrent credit from high school. My app was received by UT on 8/03/17. My interview is 10/13/17.

Thank you! Mine was received by UT on 7/26 and then again on 8/2? When did they notify you of your interview?

My interview is in a few days. How was your interview process like? What kind of questions were asked? Any advice?

Interview is so chill! 15 min interview with two faculty and they emphasize it should just be relaxed and conversational. Only official questions i got were tell me about yourself right off the bat and what area of dentistry id like to focus on. Talked about bbq and random things about tn. Rest of time is just hanging out with other interviewees and touring. No pressure at all. Have fun!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone an "outstanding applicant" (21 AA or above and 3.5 or above) that has not gotten an email yet? Have y'all emailed the school already or are y'all waiting till the 15th? Also an AR resident.

Nevermind guys!
Interview for this Friday, October 13 (lol)
21 AA, 3.76 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
Arkansas Resident

Nevermind guys!
Interview for this Friday, October 13 (lol)
21 AA, 3.76 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
Arkansas Resident

Did you call? Or did they email you an invite?

Last edited:
I am OOS and have a 23 AA and 3.9 GPA and still haven't heard anything. I waited until today to call because I had the "outstanding scores" and they just wrote my name down and said they would give it to the Admissions Committee to see if they wanted to interview with me...wasn't that what they were supposed to do when I submitted my application months ago??

They received a much larger number of applications this year than they normally do so they likely just hadn't looked over yours yet...you should hear back soon

Is anyone else going insane waiting on December 1st? I know UT calls you if you are accepted. Does anyone know how they notify you that you are waitlisted?

Interview #3
School: University of Tennessee
Notification date: 10/20
Method of notification: email
Residency: AL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/20
Application status: Complete 8/11
GPA (science, overall) Undergrad: 3.14/3.28; Graduate: 3.71/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/20TS/21PAT/26RC

I'll be interviewing on Wednesday 10/25!

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/20
Residency: FL
GPA (science, overall) Undergrad: 3.33/3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/QR/any section below a 17): 21AA/21TS/21PAT/24QR

I remember I had gotten an email saying if you had decent stats and it was October to call about your status. I have a 3.67 oGPA and a 3.72 sGPA 20 AA/21 TS. Worth calling or does it look bad?

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date: 10/24
AADSAS Mail out: 9/11
Application status: Complete 9/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.68/3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18AA/17TS/18PAT/19RC/No sections below a 17

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/24
AADSAS Mail out: 9/11
Application status: Complete 9/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.68/3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18AA/17TS/18PAT/19RC/No sections below a 17
Congrats! When did they schedule your interview for?

Congrats! When did they schedule your interview for?
Thank you, this is my first application cycle/interview invite so I am thrilled to say the least! I am scheduled for this upcoming Friday, October 27th. I was able to choose between this Friday and next Friday, November 3rd. However, the email instructed me to choose the first available date so that's what I did. I can't wait!

Has anyone who applied relatively close to the deadline had their application status go to "received/under review" yet? Applied 9/24

Nothing yet. Covington must be sleeping in today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.