You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Chubz0924
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
OKCThunderFan33
Full Member
Is there anyone else who has still not heard anything (rejection or interview invite)? And will they interview into 2019?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Is there anyone else who has still not heard anything (rejection or interview invite)? And will they interview into 2019?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe Texas Dental schools interview until the end of January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hygienisttodds0511
Full Member
I applied to all three Texas schools as a resident and I have had silence.Is there anyone else who has still not heard anything (rejection or interview invite)? And will they interview into 2019?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I end up doing the math, according to the ADEA official guide, for the 2020 graduation class, there were 257 interviews and 190 offers. That 70% acceptance rate.Besides depending on how you performed in your interviews and how you interacted with everyone throughout the day, I'd say that depends how you stack up against other interviewees that year. However, you should first consider that to get the interview they had to have liked you on paper so the only real other factors to examine were character, values, motivation (for dentistry), and the like--stuff that people generally get a better feel for in person.
I will say though that having one or a combination of these definitely increases your chances for acceptance:
- A strong research/clinical background
- Military background (I mean, this is kinda obvious. Dr. Malone himself was even a retired Army dentist with 25 years of service and he's the director of admissions lel)
- Graduating or graduated from a favored university (Yes, they have preferred universities. I promise you. Any current medical, dental, etc. student will confirm this)
During the interview, they said they interview about 320. So estimating that still 65% acceptance rate for people who got an interview.
What time should we hear back from here? Midnight of December 2nd?
I believe so! That's how it worked last year (except midnight on November 30th).What time should we hear back from here? Midnight of December 2nd?
Anyone got an email?!
Got it at 12 am! Doesn't feel real...
Are you OOS?Got it at 12 am! Doesn't feel real...
D
deleted934867
ACCEPTED AT 12AM!!! Haven't stopped crying, it's fine I'm fine
OKCThunderFan33
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far this evening! I guess I’ll keep holding out hope for an interview invite to come through sometime over the next month or so!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, ISAre you OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got in at 12am! Contacted by email. OOS
Got in 12:01 am
I am So excited 🙂🙂😉![]()
Congrats! So happyACCEPTED AT 12AM!!! Haven't stopped crying, it's fine I'm fine
RandomDDSGuy
Full Member
Went to bed early because I was too scared to stay up for the email. Woke up to an acceptance, or am I still dreaming?

Heyy.. I did not get an email either. Do you know how they let us know if we're waitlisted by any chance? Or have they sent out acceptances after Dec 1 in the past?
Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far this evening! I guess I’ll keep holding out hope for an interview invite to come through sometime over the next month or so!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acceptance at 12!
Congrats everyone! Here is the link to YOUR class FB page. Once you request to be added, you will be contacted by admin to send a screenshot of your acceptance email.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Hey everyone!! Congratulations to those who have been accepted into UT Health SA!! I am a current DS1, we are so excited to meet everyone! 🙂 We have started a Facebook group for you to join. Log into Facebook | Facebook
Feel free to ask us any questions you may have as we were in your shoes not too long ago!
To those still going through interview process or waiting to be accepted, good luck!! There are still interview dates and more acceptance rounds 🙂
Feel free to ask us any questions you may have as we were in your shoes not too long ago!
To those still going through interview process or waiting to be accepted, good luck!! There are still interview dates and more acceptance rounds 🙂
Last edited:
I interviewed on 11/19 and I felt it went really well. I did not receive an acceptance today. Can you please tell me what to expect going forward as far as future admission rounds and how it usually falls for someone who has already interviewed prior to 1st acceptance date and checks all the boxes but probably fell a little short in the rankings of the original admission group? I'm IS but went to OOS undergrad (got scholarship since my parents were alumni). I have 3.59 GPA and all 20s on the DAT. Is there an ongoing waitlist and do they ever let you know if you are rejected?
Any stats for chances of being admitted in the future rounds?
Any info is so helpful .Thank you!
Hi, don’t get discouraged! I believe they send out acceptances every month, at least that’s how it was last year. I know how stressful it can get but keep in mind some get accepted into multiple schools and SA is not always their first choice so spots do open up. I’m not sure about the waitlist but they would let you know if rejected (probably closer to start date though since there’s cases where spots open up). Next round will probably be early January!
thank you very much for the encouragement!Hi, don’t get discouraged! I believe they send out acceptances every month, at least that’s how it was last year. I know how stressful it can get but keep in mind some get accepted into multiple schools and SA is not always their first choice so spots do open up. I’m not sure about the waitlist but they would let you know if rejected (probably closer to start date though since there’s cases where spots open up). Next round will probably be early January!
RandomDDSGuy
Full Member
I was about to ask the same lol. I haven't received mine and I'm in San Antonio.Anyone receive the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
Still waiting also...Anyone receive the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
When did you apply ?Hello y’all,
I’m a Texas student.
GPA: 3.75
DAT AA: 20
I still haven’t received an invitation to an interview. Should I be worried if I don’t get an interview after December?
Thank you.
RandomDDSGuy
Full Member
Anyone receive the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
Still waiting also...
I got the official acceptance in the mail yesterday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I applied in mid September & i'm scheduled to interview this monday. I'm an instate re-applicant.Hello y’all,
I’m a Texas student.
GPA: 3.75
DAT AA: 20
I still haven’t received an invitation to an interview. Should I be worried if I don’t get an interview after December?
Thank you.
Hey! I applied in mid September & i'm scheduled to interview this monday. I'm an instate re-applicant.
Good luck, it is very relax interview.
that's odd. your stats are good!Hello y’all,
I’m a Texas student.
GPA: 3.75
DAT AA: 20
I still haven’t received an invitation to an interview. Should I be worried if I don’t get an interview after December?
Thank you.
Edit: I had everything submitted in August
Hello everyone,
When will be the next round of acceptances? Jan 5th, 6th? I interviewed here OCT 22nd, but have not heard any thing! I am really hoping for some love from UTHSCSA!
When will be the next round of acceptances? Jan 5th, 6th? I interviewed here OCT 22nd, but have not heard any thing! I am really hoping for some love from UTHSCSA!
Hello everyone,
When will be the next round of acceptances? Jan 5th, 6th? I interviewed here OCT 22nd, but have not heard any thing! I am really hoping for some love from UTHSCSA!
On the Dec 17th interview round, my friend told me that Dr. Malone expected the next round of acceptances to be about 4 weeks from then. So probably around Jan 7 - 11!
Got an invite today at 4:50 pm for January 14th. Any advice from those who have already interviewed and those already accepted would be so appreciated. Thank you guys! And good luck to everyone!
Very relaxing interview. The morning is presentation and a tour of the Campus. The afternoon is lunch and interview.
Got an invite today at 4:50 pm for January 14th. Any advice from those who have already interviewed and those already accepted would be so appreciated. Thank you guys! And good luck to everyone!
Thank you, I am super excited!Very relaxing interview. The morning is presentation and a tour of the Campus. The afternoon is lunch and interview.
Any OOS still hoping for an acceptance? I interviewed late Sep but still waiting.
I am still waiting!
Congrats. Are you in-state or OOS??Accepted at 1:35pm!
In stateCongrats. Are you in-state or OOS??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, they sent out the second wave on Friday! A couple of people posted about it above!Hey, Anyone know if they sent out the second wave of acceptance letter.
Thank you,
Won't lose hope, but when will be the third round of acceptances? Does anyone know?
The response deadline for the second round is January 18th. I’d suspect the next round would be shortly after that.Won't lose hope, but when will be the third round of acceptances? Does anyone know?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K

Got in 12:01 am