*** The Official VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be appropriate to wear slacks and a nice top for a girl for the day before ram family introduction? Or should I wear my suit both days?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how often the adcoms meet to make a decision? A week after the interview? After all the interviews for that month are over?

Reactions: 1 user
Just had my interview

The entire student body and the faculty are just wonderful. The SoD-RAM family introduction lasted 5 hours, and we had a dinner interview/conversation with one of the D4s

The actual faculty interview lasted less than 30 minutes for me, not sure if thats an anomaly because I bombed my interview, or the norm for every other interviewee in my group.
My interview lasted like 20 minutes and I was accepted Dec. 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
what did everyone major in?
English! My interviewers at VCU were interested in it and asked a lot about it. They really seemed to like it and said it makes me much more relatable as a person, and that my patients will appreciate that I have more to talk about. I have had five interviews so far this cycle with my English major and sufferingly average stats elsewhere from a no-name state college. So, it really doesn't matter what you major in. Just be yourself and do your best because this process is a crap shoot.

English! My interviewers at VCU were interested in it and asked a lot about it. They really seemed to like it and said it makes me much more relatable as a person, and that my patients will appreciate that I have more to talk about. I have had five interviews so far this cycle with my English major and sufferingly average stats elsewhere from a no-name state college. So, it really doesn't matter what you major in. Just be yourself and do your best because this process is a crap shoot.

wow, congrats on the number of interviews. When did you submit your application?

Hi everyone, does anyone know if pre-Dec. interview dates have already been filled up by this school? I'd love to visit here if I can get one - I think I saw some people with November interview dates on here already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome scores, you haven't received an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone bring items to show off their manual dexterity to the interview? I have nothing to show for :/

Do you think think the interview will still occur with the hurricane coming?

I was wondering the same thing

I already rescheduled my lab and told all my other teachers that I'm going to be absent, but I kind of don't want to risk my life.... esp since the hurricane went from CAT 2 to CAT 4 in a few hours....

Do you think that my TA and teachers will get upset if I reschedule with VCU now and tell them that b/c of the hurricane I rescheduled? I feel kind of bad especially for my lab instructor who went out of her way to find me a replacement lab earlier in the week.

Did anyone bring items to show off their manual dexterity to the interview? I have nothing to show for :/
I brought some drawings and pictures of other ceramics and stuff I have done over the years, and they asked if I brought anything in my interview and were very impressed that I had. I am not even a great artist. I would definitely suggest bringing something. Just draw or practice some calligraphy or get a cross stitch kit at the craft store, it doesn't have to be perfect.

I am probably going to show some old paintings I did in highschool plus videos of me playing my guitar/piano (if acceptable)

Are you planning on showing via cell phone or did you print them out?
well I have canvas paintings which I will show via cellphone or print it and bringing in some small portraits

Would it be a bad thing to bring your musical instrument with you? I play the violin and I was thinking of bringing it

Do you think that the interview will be cancelled due to the hurricane?

I let them know im driving from Michigan, they told me theyll notify me around Wednesday 12pm if its still going as scheduled or if i have to reschedule

Would it be a bad thing to bring your musical instrument with you? I play the violin and I was thinking of bringing it
The dean lady mentioned on Thursday at the dinner that we could bring any musical instrument other than a Piano

The interview is being post-poned?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!

For anyone who's interview was cancelled and now rescheduled for October 5th, does anyone know if we need to re-submit the supplemental application. I would assume no, but I wasn't sure.

Just got my interview invite here. I am pretty stoked, this is my fourth interview invite and I am out of state! What is the dress code for the SoD Ram-Family Introduction?? Am I supposed to bring my family to that? Lol. Also, does anyone know what the sim-Lab activity is?
The sim lab activity will have you practice drilling on a tooth. They are heavily focused on clinic skills here.

For anyone who's interview was cancelled and now rescheduled for October 5th, does anyone know if we need to re-submit the supplemental application. I would assume no, but I wasn't sure.

I did not.

For anyone interviewing soon, can you ask when they'll send acceptances, Dec 1 or 3? thanks

For anyone interviewing soon, can you ask when they'll send acceptances, Dec 1 or 3? thanks

They told my group December 1, although UoP said that no school is allowed to before December 3. But VCU said they would send emails on the 1st

They told my group December 1, although UoP said that no school is allowed to before December 3. But VCU said they would send emails on the 1st

VCU said Dec 3 to us..... maybe whoever told you was misspoke?

I think this is the first time in probably a long time that they have moved the date from Dec 1st to Dec 3rd so a lot of people may misspeak and say Dec 1st out of habit but in actuality the official day is Dec 3rd.

November 1st and 2nd!
Cool those are the same dates as me. If you dont mind me asking I just realized that I never got more info regarding location and parking and what not. I know in the interview invite they mentioned they would send more info after receiving the supplemental but I never got more information other than a supplemental received email. Did anyone who interviewed already get more information on locations and stuff for both the SoD Ram-Family Introduction and interview?

Cool those are the same dates as me. If you dont mind me asking I just realized that I never got more info regarding location and parking and what not. I know in the interview invite they mentioned they would send more info after receiving the supplemental but I never got more information other than a supplemental received email. Did anyone who interviewed already get more information on locations and stuff for both the SoD Ram-Family Introduction and interview?
I received information in the email replying to my interview confirmation.

I received information in the email replying to my interview confirmation.
Thanks! I don't think I ever received a specific interview confirmation email which is worrisome, but I know that my interview was confirmed in another email I had sent to me regarding the supplemental. Thanks for your help I'll probably try and call tomorrow and ask.

What time does ram family intro start tomorrow?

My status on the portal just changed to complete,but I got the complete email in September. My status was previously under review. Does this mean no interview?

Reactions: 1 users
My status on the portal just changed to complete,but I got the complete email in September. My status was previously under review. Does this mean no interview?
Same thing happened to me. I have not yet received an interview

Same for me! I was going to search last year's thread to see what that might mean. But, I have not heard a word from them since July 23rd when my application was complete.

It might just mean that they opened your file.

Same. Anyone know from last year? I was hoping for an interview, 3.98 GPA and 25 AA.

Anyone’s status recently changed to “Please check back December 3rd”?

Anyone’s status recently changed to “Please check back December 3rd”?

Mine didnt and still says invited for interview, did yours change to it and did you have an interview prior to it saying that?

Mine didnt and still says invited for interview, did yours change to it and did you have an interview prior to it saying that?

^Same answer “invited for interview” and same question

Status
Not open for further replies.