*** The Official VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: **Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Hey everyone! Seems like VCU has started to give invites out, so post updates here! I know nothing about the school haha, but hopefully you guys can answer each others' questions!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Invited for my first interview here earlier today! Submitted 6/05

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When is the interview?
I received one this past weekend for August 23 and 24th. You have the option to request another later date if it doesn't work for you. I think last year someone on SDN said they do one large interview each month.

Any OOS applicants receive interview invites yet?

when'd you guys who got interviews get the "complete application" email?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you submitted the supplemental, did you get a confirmation email that it was successfully completed?
For future reference if anyone is wondering, I did not receive a confirmation email after submitting my supplemental, but the school confirmed they received it when I called.

Just got an interview invite for VCU. Had to ask for a later date, they accommodated pretty quickly.
Does anyone have a quick breakdown on VCU? Im curious about the school. I've done some research on the school website, but wanted to know what's the word of mouth on VCU.

Thanks and Good luck!

Just got an interview invite for VCU. Had to ask for a later date, they accommodated pretty quickly.
Does anyone have a quick breakdown on VCU? Im curious about the school. I've done some research on the school website, but wanted to know what's the word of mouth on VCU.

Thanks and Good luck!

Hey mind I ask you, are you IS or OOS?

The instructions with my supplemental strongly recommends that I complete it in one sitting. For those who have already completed it, how long did it take you? Would you mind sharing some of the questions so that I can write down some thoughts before I officially start working on it?

Just got an invite for 8/24. Anyone have any tips?

Just got my interview invite here. I am pretty stoked, this is my fourth interview invite and I am out of state! What is the dress code for the SoD Ram-Family Introduction?? Am I supposed to bring my family to that? Lol. Also, does anyone know what the sim-Lab activity is?

Just got my interview invite here. I am pretty stoked, this is my fourth interview invite and I am out of state! What is the dress code for the SoD Ram-Family Introduction?? Am I supposed to bring my family to that? Lol. Also, does anyone know what the sim-Lab activity is?
"Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any guests beyond the candidate during the Ram Family Introducation and on your interview day. If you are traveling with a guest, they are welcome to explore the city but we do not have any school activities scheduled for guests and they are unable to remain with you during the interview process."

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Do either of you mind sharing when your app was complete?

Dress code is business professional and DentSim is basically a simulation clinic. You will be doing a #19-O prep!

Reactions: 1 users
Dress code is business professional and DentSim is basically a simulation clinic. You will be doing a #19-O prep!
Are they testing us on it or is it something that they just show us

Are they testing us on it or is it something that they just show us

It’s just a fun activity for you to try. They want to show you the brand new lab as an incentive to go to VCU

Just got an interview invite yesterday for the 24th! OOS from Idaho, application complete on July 13th

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Got an interview for 9/13-14, IS for me. Really excited!

Interview #4
School: VCU

Notification date: 08/07/2018
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/none
Interviewing Sept 14th!

Anyone have the interview on Friday? Excited and nervous!

Let us know how your experience was! Good luck ya'll!

Hey everyone, I just received my invitation yesterday night - so excited! I took my DAT on 7/16, AADSAS accepted it on 8/6, VCU emailed me saying my application was complete on 8/7, and then they sent me the invitation on 8/8, so everything was really fast with them. I'm in-state and a bio major. It's my first interview, so I hope I can interview well. See everyone on 9/14!

Hey I'm OOS. Applied July 4th, received interview invite on 8/6/18. Does anyone know what the "Application for Virginia In-State Tuition" for? Does this apply for students OOS that want to seek in state tuition. Or is it something all in-state students have to fill out in order to get in state tuition, which I think is odd, never heard of schools doing that.

If anyone has an answer would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey I'm OOS. Applied July 4th, received interview invite on 8/6/18. Does anyone know what the "Application for Virginia In-State Tuition" for? Does this apply for students OOS that want to seek in state tuition. Or is it something all in-state students have to fill out in order to get in state tuition, which I think is odd, never heard of schools doing that.

I don't think it applies to us, I didn't fill it out

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Btw how did your interview go guys? Hope everything went spectacular!!

I believe it’s something that all in-state students fill out in order for the school to verify residency. Another school that I applied to had me fill out a form that just ensured that I was considered a resident for tuition purposes.

Just had my interview

The entire student body and the faculty are just wonderful. The SoD-RAM family introduction lasted 5 hours, and we had a dinner interview/conversation with one of the D4s

The actual faculty interview lasted less than 30 minutes for me, not sure if thats an anomaly because I bombed my interview, or the norm for every other interviewee in my group.

It was a great experience. First day consisted of getting to know the school and some of the main features. All of the students I talked to were extremely helpful and approachable.

The interview was very conversational. Nonetheless, you should still prepare and make sure you know your stuff. My interview lasted about an hour. Good luck!

Just had my interview

The entire student body and the faculty are just wonderful. The SoD-RAM family introduction lasted 5 hours, and we had a dinner interview/conversation with one of the D4s

The actual faculty interview lasted less than 30 minutes for me, not sure if thats an anomaly because I bombed my interview, or the norm for every other interviewee in my group.
What should dress be for Ram Fam day? Thanks. Anyone can answer.

What should dress be for Ram Fam day? Thanks. Anyone can answer.

Everyone pretty much wore a suit both days with professional colors (navy blue, black or grey). I personally wore the same suit both days and just changed my shirt underneath. Some people wore different outfits but it’s totally up to you!

was there some ethical essay that you had to write about during your interview day?

Does anyone know what the numbers in terms of students applied/ students interviewed IS and OOS/ accepted are? I saw it somewhere for the Class of 2020, but maybe there's a more updated version? Thanks yall.

Interviewing this Thursday-Friday! Had to move my interview date from 8/10 to 8/24. Excited and nervous!!

For anyone who has already interviewed, were there any questions you felt unprepared for?

how long did it take for you to get an interview after your ADEA AADSAS status said Complete/Under Review?

Thanks for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.