***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Nope don’t be worried. I got an interview invite today and it also says it’s awaiting a class for me too (that I’m gonna take next quarter). It won’t hinder your application.

Where on the secondary application portal does it indicate the status? I only see the checklists, or does it only show if you've been invited to an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Where on the secondary application portal does it indicate the status? I only see the checklists, or does it only show if you've been invited to an interview?
I see it as soon as I press “open application”. Im assuming 1) that you’ll see it once you get an invite and 2) that they will still email us letting us know we’ve been invited (it’s the weekend so I wouldn’t worry about it too much). I submitted everything pretty much the day the app opened which is probably a contributing factor.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite as well!
My app was completed on 7/22
Does it say it under the "Recent Activity" header? I'm guessing I did't get one yet because the last thing under there shows that I paid the supplemental fee.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Date: Sept 6th
School: Western U
Notification date: 8/12/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/25/None

Last edited:
Interview Date: Sept 6th
Notification date: 8/12/19
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/26/15/None
What score did u get on RC of DAT?

For those curious, they didn’t email the interview invite, you have to log into your western application on their website and it should tell you there
Hello!

The interview is very chill. It will be one faculty and one fourth year dental student. They do a lot to make you feel comfortable throughout the whole process so just arrive in business professional attire and be ready to talk about yourself and your passion for dentistry!

Hello!

The interview is very chill. It will be one faculty and one fourth year dental student. They do a lot to make you feel comfortable throughout the whole process so just arrive in business professional attire and be ready to talk about yourself and your passion for dentistry!
Closed file or open?

Did you talk to them? I talked to them, and they told me that I have to take it in order for them to process my application.
Here is the response

Attachments

• ABE60C81-DA02-43EF-82A7-C8ED38728236.png
    ABE60C81-DA02-43EF-82A7-C8ED38728236.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 336
Did anyone use AP for the English prerequisites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone use AP for the English prerequisites?
I claimed AP English credit but I also took a lot of English and creative writing classes for my certificate, so I don’t know how much that helps you.

Western U sent an email about their preview....what kind of cruel joke is this :grumpy:

Reactions: 15 users
When the application is complete, do you receive an email confirming that? I never received anything so I'm just curious.

Got a recruitment email from Western. So weird.

Interview #2
Interview Date: Oct 11th
Notification date: 8/27/19
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7
/26
Application complete date: 08/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/18/20/None

Interview #2
Interview Date: Oct 11th
Notification date: 8/27/19
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7
/26
Application complete date: 08/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.38, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/18/20/None
did they Email you or did you check your secondary application status?

I just logged onto my application status page and everything, except my DAT scores, now has a red X next to it. My application and secondary were completed over a month ago, and now it seems to have all disappeared.
I’m freaking out a little bit. Did this happen to anyone else?

I just logged onto my application status page and everything, except my DAT scores, now has a red X next to it. My application and secondary were completed over a month ago, and now it seems to have all disappeared.
I’m freaking out a little bit. Did this happen to anyone else?
That happened to me last night, but I just checked and everything is back to normal for me. Must've been a bug.

Western has sent me the AADSAS primary app received email for the third time now. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I email them?

on the westernU online app, it looks like another supplemental app was started on it's own.

Reactions: 2 users
Miranda got back to me, there was a glitch

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 11.18.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 11.18.01 AM.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 202
this happened to me too! i emailed back, haven't heard back yet but im assuming its part of the glitch issue. what a tease!

For those that received an interview invite (do you have any "awaiting" status on your portal?)
Example:
Application Checklist
Received- Letter of recommendation- Dentist Reviewed
Received- Letter of recommendation- Science Professor Reviewed
Awaiting - Pending course
Official Test Scores
Received- DAT Score

Or is your whole application complete? I'm wondering if my pending course is stalling my decision for an interview or rejection...

For those that received an interview invite (do you have any "awaiting" status on your portal?)
Example:
Application Checklist
Official Test Scores
Received- DAT Score

Or is your whole application complete? I'm wondering if my pending course is stalling my decision for an interview or rejection...

Hey! I just logged in to check. I do not see a pending course listed for me, but I also already graduated. I wouldn’t think that would cause a delay since the course just has to be completed before the school year would start. I would reach out to them by phone or email to confirm. They’re all very nice there so I’m sure they would have no problem checking your file.

Example:
Application Checklist
Official Test Scores
Received- DAT Score

I have an awaiting course and got an interview invite, so don’t worry about it at all! Like Kristie said you just need to have all the classes done before you start at Western.

I have an awaiting course and got an interview invite, so don’t worry about it at all! Like Kristie said you just need to have all the classes done before you start at Western.

Are you interviewing tmw by chance?

Western better stop these random emails. They are always getting my hopes up for an interview.

Reactions: 11 users
Just to confirm the interview is closed file right?

for those of you who got interviews, how long after you received the email stating that your app was forwarded to the review committee did you get an interview invite?

Reactions: 2 users