***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite this morning as well!

Notification date: 9/26/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21/19
Application complete date: 8/30/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/26/28/None
Interview Date: TBD

Reactions: 1 user
Have to take organic chem lab 2 as well. I completed my application super late. Didn’t take the DAT until Late August. Application just sent over for review on Monday. Hoping there are still interview spots left

if anyone on here has been to one of Western U interviews this year, can you let us know how it went?

Anyone know how western does interviews? I submitted mid-August so not sure if I should be waiting or worrying. My stats are good (3.4 undergrad 4.0 masters with 20AA 25PAT and 21TS..just curious b/c I haven't heard back since they said it was under review Aug 22

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite this morning as well!

Notification date: 9/26/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21/19
Application complete date: 8/30/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/26/28/None
Interview Date: TBD
Hi, zxywv,
In supplemental, do you see any question "Why Western?" I remember I didn't see it this year. Also, do you need to fill any prerequisite form in a supplement?

Thank you so much

Hi, zxywv,
In supplemental, do you see any question "Why Western?" I remember I didn't see it this year. Also, do you need to fill any prerequisite form in a supplement?

Thank you so much
Hey, I'm not the original person you're replying to but I did remember a sort of "Why Western?" essay question but you had to upload your own doc/pdf file for it. The prompt was more like a small series of bullets that were asking why westernU, what parts of your application seem unclear and you would like to add information about, what would you like the committee to know about you, etc. just general extra info about yourself I guess. And they wanted it limited to a one page response so it didn't have to be anything crazy. And as far as prereq, I didn't fill out anything specific for that. Hope that helps!

As snop234 said, "Why Western" was part of an optional section where they asked whether you want to share any additional information you would want the admissions committee to know. They had "Why Western" as one of the topics you can talk about.

For prerequisite, I don't remember having to fill out a form, but they will reach out to you if you don't meet the requirement.

Hi, zxywv,

Thank you so much

Hi! I am sorry if my question has already been asked/answered.
I have not been invited to an interview. And I'm a reapplicant. Do you guys think it is already too late to be invited ?

Hi! I am sorry if my question has already been asked/answered.
I have not been invited to an interview. And I'm a reapplicant. Do you guys think it is already too late to be invited ?

It is not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I was offered an interview yesterday! I will be interviewing on 11/8

sGPA: 2.7
oGPA 3.2
Masters GPA: 3.9
DAT: 16 First attempt, 17 second attempt

As you can see, my numbers are not the best and I was offered an interview. So please don't lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Hey everyone, I was offered an interview yesterday! I will be interviewing on 11/8

oGPA 3.2

As you can see, my numbers are not the best and I was offered an interview. So please don't lose hope!

Congratulations! Go and kill that interview.

Reactions: 3 users

oGPA 3.2

Congratulations!! When did you have everything submitted?

oGPA 3.2

oGPA 3.2

Hi and congratulations on your interview. Do you have a lot of extracurricular activity, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi and congratulations on your interview. Do you have a lot of extracurricular activity, if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you so much! And yes, I have a lot of extra-curricular, community service and leadership experiences on my application.

Has anyone had any luck asking for a different interview date?
There is only one available in the scheduler but I have another already scheduled on that day.

Any idea how many post-december interviews and/or interviews from this date on WesternU is likely to give out?

Has anyone had any luck asking for a different interview date?
There is only one available in the scheduler but I have another already scheduled on that day.

I just received my interview this past Friday Nov 1st. I called them because I only saw one date online (for 11/8) and they said that's the only one they have available currently and they're not opening any more dates in the near future. :(

I love those emails Monday's morning saying: "Join us in our next WesternU Preview" and my head reads: "Join us in our next WesternU Interview". Happy week everybody.

Reactions: 2 users
I love those emails Monday's morning saying: "Join us in our next WesternU Preview" and my head reads: "Join us in our next WesternU Interview". Happy week everybody.
it got me all excited tillI opened the email up haha

I just received my interview this past Friday Nov 1st. I called them because I only saw one date online (for 11/8) and they said that's the only one they have available currently and they're not opening any more dates in the near future. :(

Do you know if that's the last pre-December interview?

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to send everyone some hope on Veterans Day! Remember to be strong, take care of yourself, and keep moving forward! A lot of students in my class got accepted post December so keep your positivity up!

Reactions: 9 users
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to send everyone some hope on Veterans Day! Remember to be strong, take care of yourself, and keep moving forward! A lot of students in my class got accepted post December so keep your positivity up!
Thanks boss, that means a lot! Also your interview advice videos on YouTube are awesome- thanks for putting those together!

oGPA 3.2

so u got invited to interview with a 17 DAT?

Precisely. And thank you, @rosbo :).
Congrats! As someone with a low undergrad GPA and a 3.8 masters gpa....what did you put in your personal statement? If you don't mind i'd love to read it. I tried to message but you have that restricted.

Congrats! As someone with a low undergrad GPA and a 3.8 masters gpa....what did you put in your personal statement? If you don't mind i'd love to read it. I tried to message but you have that restricted.
Oh, wow, I had no idea others are unable to message me! I am not on this site very much and will try to figure out how to adjust my setting to change that. I will send you a message.

Precisely. And thank you, @rosbo :).
You’re welcome, there is no reason for you to feel bad about your score! It’s just a number, has no say in how awesome of a dentist you’ll be!

PS. I’d like to message you and read your PS too if you feel comfortable.

You’re welcome, there is no reason for you to feel bad about your score! It’s just a number, has no say in how awesome of a dentist you’ll be!

PS. I’d like to message you and read your PS too if you feel comfortable.
Thank you again! I appreciate the support. At the end of the day, we are all striving for the same goal and I hope that we can all continue to be of support to one another throughout this application journey. I will send you a message now.

Hello Everyone! To all those who are still staying hopeful for an interview at WesternU DMD program, hang in there! They’re doing interviews until February 2020. I’m one of those pre-dents praying and hoping too

Reactions: 9 users
Decision day is right around the corner!

I know that for most of you, tomorrow will be filled with excitement, joy, and maybe even some anxiety. But whatever happens, always know that you have undertaken a long and arduous journey to get to this point today. Take pride in that, and in all of the other accomplishments you have achieved.

Don’t let one phone call, or lack thereof, define who you are today and tomorrow. But let qualities like resiliency, determination, and passion define what type of practitioner you will be in the future. I’m rooting for all of you future dentists tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
yeap! At around 10 eastern time got a call