The rural job myth

Started by skougess
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My email provider flagged an SDN email as Spam which apparently is a terms of service violation
This I don't get. What does that mean? And what email did you get from SDN? And, how is marking an email on your end a TOS violation? The sender doesn't get notified.

I liked getting the SDN birthday emails 15 or so years ago, but, then, they stopped, and Lee said something about they could be considered as spam.

So, I'm totally lost here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My email provider flagged an SDN email as Spam which apparently is a terms of service violation which resulted in my account immediately being revoked. It was all deeply stupid, other than I got to read some rather touching eulogies about myself.
That doesn't make sense at all. An email from SDN marked as spam that you didn't read is a ToS violation? I don't see anything logged on your account.
 
That doesn't make sense at all. An email from SDN marked as spam that you didn't read is a ToS violation? I don't see anything logged on your account.
It was years ago. Apparently the spam filter reported SDN and SDN was upset about that?