The sample AAMC test advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnotherSarah

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first ever sample AAMC exam and scored a 78/77/83/66 on CP/CARS/BB/PS
I haven's started studying for Psychology/ Sociology yet, and I haven't done the section banks yet. I have 35 more days till my real test. What does my score mean?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took my first ever sample AAMC exam and scored a 78/77/83/66 on CP/CARS/BB/PS
I haven's started studying for Psychology/ Sociology yet, and I haven't done the section banks yet. I have 35 more days till my real test. What does my score mean?
From a conversion on Reddit your score would break down to:
C/P 127
CARS 127
Bio 128
P/S 124
Which means you're probably scoring anywhere from 504-510. Might lean toward the 504-507 since the AAMC Sample test is easier compared to the real FLs (with FL3 being the most representative). You should definitely start on Psych/Socio one month out... One bad section can tank your score so I wouldn't advise putting it off any longer... I'd also recommend taking another AAMC soon (prioritize FL 2 and 3 over FL 1)

From a conversion on Reddit your score would break down to:
C/P 127
CARS 127
Bio 128
P/S 124
Which means you're probably scoring anywhere from 504-510. Might lean toward the 504-507 since the AAMC Sample test is easier compared to the real FLs (with FL3 being the most representative). You should definitely start on Psych/Socio one month out... One bad section can tank your score so I wouldn't advise putting it off any longer... I'd also recommend taking another AAMC soon (prioritize FL 2 and 3 over FL 1)
Thanks for that, really appreciate it!