The "Two Dudes" Bowl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoughtFyr

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the thought started by Quinn that the SDN EM forum really has become a community, I sat back to think "what do we really need?", when it hit me. We needed a fantasy football league. So, I've made one. It is a free league, on Yahoo, and it open to all. We are playing for pride only, but I do ask a few things:

1. Don't just sign up if you are not going to play all season (newbies are o.k. - we will help you along).

2. Anyone is welcome (girls, boys, others, heck, if our friendly neighborhood caveman wants in, we will even let kiddie docs join), but, so that we might post updates, bragging etc. on SDN without having to "translate" the team onwership into SDN screen names, please name your team as your SDN screen name.

3. It will be first come, first serve for the 14 slots open.

O.k., that's it, LETS GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

In order to join the league, go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 405823
Password: Quinn

- H

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in.. with another classy name..

Sigh...I want to do this but I don't know how...

Honestly.. not that complicated... U pick players on different teams and depending on how your players perform you get points.. thats it...

By the way dont be out on your porch minding your business at 2am... the two dudes might show up

I don't have a porch.

And we've been over this on the EM forum already today. Dudes need to stay the heck away from this chica!

just joined! i'm ready for some action. socute needs to join!

There was a problem

* There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
* The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
* The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)
* This league is full. (Error #221)

Rassum frassum computer whassis bleaahhh.

EDIT TO ADD: Aha. Well, my Firefox max security (no Flash) browser didn't like it, but Internet Exploiter worked just fine. I am in, y'all.

I joined.

Febrifuge - it worked like 20 mins ago. Try again!

And good luck on the GRE!

I joined as well. Is the league auto-draft?

Dimoak said:
I joined as well. Is the league auto-draft?

The league is auto-draft but yahoo allows for preference lists. I'll give everyone plenty of notice before starting the draft.

So where are Quinn, DocB, Jeff, Southern, Cropsman etc.?

- H

Members don't see this ad :)
FoughtFyr said:
The league is auto-draft but yahoo allows for preference lists. I'll give everyone plenty of notice before starting the draft.

So where are Quinn, DocB, Jeff, Southern, Cropsman etc.?

- H
I'm totally illiterate about football. I'll sit this one out. Maybe I'll enlist the other benchwarmers to be a cheer squad. No fuzzy sweaters though.

docB said:
I'm totally illiterate about football. I'll sit this one out. Maybe I'll enlist the other benchwarmers to be a cheer squad. No fuzzy sweaters though.

Trust me, you learn real quick. Plus, we can always scavenge your team come playoff time.

yeah I think you guys are mainly playing for second place behind me, so all this is a moot point about not knowing how to play. go ahead and join and watch the Ro-Train ride all year long! (ok cheesy trash talking, but at least its trashy)

Ro-Train???

A train baby and with my aim watch out for your eye when we play..

docB said:

I'll be a benchwarmer cheerleader with you. Should we wear our matching In-N-Out uniforms?

Okay, now this is getting interesting.

In-N-Out! In-N-Out!
Show them what it's all about!
Make the play! Complete the pass!
Kick those losers in the ass!

EctopicFetus said:
Ro-Train???

A train baby and with my aim watch out for your eye when we play..

is that trash talking? must be busy in the ED haha.

Febrifuge said:
Okay, now this is getting interesting.

In-N-Out! In-N-Out!
Show them what it's all about!
Make the play! Complete the pass!
Kick those losers in the ass!

Feb,

You have far too much post GRE time on your hands!

- H

I'd join in but also have very little knowledge of American NFL teams or players. Therefore, I am putting on the In-N-Out Burger Sweater and will be grilling burgers on the sidelines.

All hail the Teutonic Plague.

FoughtFyr said:
Feb,

You have far too much post GRE time on your hands!
- H
Nahh, I just have objectively measured and statistically-validated verbal abilities that are, like delicious Pop Tarts, "Crazy Good!"

I plan to make this league my subject test. The subject being ass-kicking. Boo-yah!

JackBauERfan said:
More like Teutonic Losers.
Actually I just realized the irony of naming my team the "Teutonic Plague" when, in fact, most of the players are black.

DropkickMurphy said:
Actually I just realized the irony of naming my team the "Teutonic Plague" when, in fact, most of the players are black.

I admit my trash talk was uncalled for. I promised myself I wouldn't use loser this year (because that is my standard trash talk regimen).

JackBauERfan said:
is that trash talking? must be busy in the ED haha.
Check the team name and cover your eyes before I squirt in your eye :D

JackBauERfan said:
I admit my trash talk was uncalled for. I promised myself I wouldn't use loser this year (because that is my standard trash talk regimen).
No worries....it was funny.

JackBauERfan said:

Dude. I may have been a cheerleader but I know one thing - you don't APOLOGIZE for trash talk!!

socuteMD said:
Dude. I may have been a cheerleader but I know one thing - you don't APOLOGIZE for trash talk!!
Hell, the cheerleaders were the worst trash talkers at my high school.....

O.k. we need ONE MORE TEAM to get things started, Someone step up.

Akso, will the team owners who didn't name their teams with their SDN screen name please identify themselves on this thread...

- H

I'm Pay me or Trade Me

O.k., we now have fourteen teams (DEEP league). Good luck all. Next Monday (8-21) I will set the draft to "ready" and the auto-draft will occur in the overnight. What does that mean? For the FF Newbies, it means nothing. You are probably better off leaving your draft preferences alone. Yahoo! has a list of the top 200 or so players by position (in order) and if you do nothing a team will be drafted for you. While conservative in their rankings, Yahoo! does give you a pretty fair team to start with. So, ignore the rest of this post (if you are using the Yahoo! list).

For the veterans, a few notes. First, please look close at the league settings! Negative points are allowed (for fumbles, interceptions, horrifically bad kicking or shoddy defense). Defenses are drafted by team. If a defensive player scores on a defensive play (e.g., returns an interception for a TD), you get the points, BUT if a defensive player lines up on offense (a la New England) you will NOT get those points. Completions are worth 0.1 points (but passing touchdowns get a full 6 points as opposed to the 4 given in some leagues). So, obviously, fractional points are allowed. This is in response to several games two years ago where Culpepper and McNabb threw 30+ "pup" passes each in (generally) losing efforts. This lead to their domination in FF while not representing their real effect in the NFL. So, I (as commissioner) have adjusted that downward (and have played under these rules for a season - they work well). In short, do not count on high pass completion numbers to rule the day when selecting your draft picks. Also, the draft order is computer generated and random. I have no control over it. Because of the "auto-pick" nature of the draft, trading draft picks (that is "pre-draft" trades) cannot happen. Lastly, be aware of the "can't cut" list. These are players, determined by Yahoo!, who, once drafted, may be traded but can not be "cut". This is designed to prevent a team dumping it's talent right before the playoffs, but, as these players are determined by reputation, the list (which does change during the season) lags behind reality (i.e., a "bust" player remains on the list for several weeks, as do injured players unless they are placed on the DL), so be careful. With these settings in mind, you have one week to get your draft preferences in order... Not that it will matter as the winner of this league is obvious - ME! :clap:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

- H

docB said:

I'm pretty damn illiterate about FF so I'm with docB.

Rah rah ree
Kick 'em in the knee.

Oh hell, you get it.

I am, however, eagerly awaiting the trash talking that I hope to see here!

Take care,
Jeff

Febrifuge said:
Nahh, I just have objectively measured and statistically-validated verbal abilities that are, like delicious Pop Tarts, "Crazy Good!"

The VR section is SO your's for the taking. :)

Take care,
Jeff

Jeff698 said:
The VR section is SO your's for the taking. :)
Take care,
Jeff
Thanks! And yes, it was. :) GRE scoring has some voodoo in it, but I know from my section score that I missed more than one but fewer than approximately four questions in Verbal. Me talk good sometimes!

EDIT TO ADD: Since everyone is enjoying team names, I'm switching over to being the Fighting Foleys. Give us what we want, or we run right up the middle and take it!

Febrifuge said:
Thanks! And yes, it was. :) GRE scoring has some voodoo in it, but I know from my section score that I missed more than one but fewer than approximately four questions in Verbal. Me talk good sometimes!

That's very good. I'm convinced my VR score got me into medical school. The rest wasn't bad, but the VR pushed me over the top. May my good mojo be transferable to you.

Take care,
Jeff

That's very kind; thank you! ...And now back to our regularly-scheduled trash talk.

All you beee-yotches better get over to Sam's Club and pick up a mess o' Wonder bread and Snack Pack pudding cups... 'cuz I'm taking you to SCHOOL every single week of the season. Believe it!

I think I may need to change my team name.

A football team named "socute" is bound to get its ass kicked.

Ah, I thought about joining, but held off. Looks like the league is closed. perhaps next year. Atleast I was honored enough to have the password named after me. I will be a cheerleader, and hopefully bring some professional ones along, too!

Q

DrQuinn said:
Ah, I thought about joining, but held off. Looks like the league is closed. perhaps next year. Atleast I was honored enough to have the password named after me. I will be a cheerleader, and hopefully bring some professional ones along, too!

Q

The league is welcome to give you my spot, I mean come on it is a league password named after you! Also, it may be unfair for me to be in the league, since I am one of the best fantasy football players EVER and my fantasy football prowess has been demonstrated through my numerous victories (even though some of the leagues I was the sole competitor). It may be the leagues best interest to do so.

JackBauERfan said:
The league is welcome to give you my spot, I mean come on it is a league password named after you! Also, it may be unfair for me to be in the league, since I am one of the best fantasy football players EVER and my fantasy football prowess has been demonstrated through my numerous victories (even though some of the leagues I was the sole competitor). It may be the leagues best interest to do so.

Obviously you are still an MS-4 (or earlier) because, as a senior resident, I'M GONNA TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL!

:cool:

- H

JackBauERfan said:
Nah, I am pretty busy adjusting to the new job and all (plus car and house shopping). Next year ya'll going downtown.

Q