The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree that there are wonderful things about summer, particularly in Minnesota when the winters can feel so trapping

But it was also 96° today and 200% humidity, so a little bit of the beauty is lost on me at the moment 😅
Okay but why do people want to live somewhere that gets the worst parts of both of these seasons

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Because Pikachu hasn't caused mass seizures.
Pikachu struck the missiles that caused the seizures!

“In one of the scenes believed to have caused epileptic seizures, Pikachu uses a "Thunderbolt" attack on a cyber missile, making the screen flash red and blue rapidly.”

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Pikachu struck the missiles that caused the seizures!

“In one of the scenes believed to have caused epileptic seizures, Pikachu uses a "Thunderbolt" attack on a cyber missile, making the screen flash red and blue rapidly.”

I suppose, but, ultimately, you don't see these issues reappearing after porygon was removed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose, but, ultimately, you don't see these issues reappearing after porygon was removed.
78A9D24C-9771-443E-A645-E42715A6D50E.gif

I just want to see porygon2 and porygon-z in the anime. They did nothing at all! :cryi:

• Care
I have a kdrama issue lately. School doesn't start for me til the end of the month and I've had the last couple of weeks off. I've binged 3 kdramas so far and there are so many of them that I'm not afraid of running out of content for a while. That said, they make me SO EMOTIONAL. From the chemistry between the actors, the soundtracks, the production value...I'm totally hooked and might need help. Just wanted to see if anyone else likes them on here lol....😅😭

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I have a kdrama issue lately. School doesn't start for me til the end of the month and I've had the last couple of weeks off. I've binged 3 kdramas so far and there are so many of them that I'm not afraid of running out of content for a while. That said, they make me SO EMOTIONAL. From the chemistry between the actors, the soundtracks, the production value...I'm totally hooked and might need help. Just wanted to see if anyone else likes them on here lol....😅😭
My coworkers got me hooked on kdramas earlier this year

Not myself (at least my friends have tried) but I have a bunch who are. You are definitely not alone in being addicted to Kdramas

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
@supershorty today i got so hopelessly tangled in a trapeze rope to the point of requiring rescue and I remembered why I am firmly not a silks girl

6944E5B2-F6CE-48AF-8C0A-08BDF4589039.jpeg

• Haha
It's okay @TelemarketingEnigma , I am a silks girl and I've gotten myself tangled to the point of needing rescuing on more than one occasion
I haven't done this recently, but I distinctly remember a time where I was up pretty high and got tangled enough that my instructor asked me if she needed to get the ladder :laugh:

• Care
What is WW? I’ve seen it but don’t know what it is.
If you are familiar with games like Among Us, mafia, secret hitler, and town of Salem, it’s similar.

It’s a game of informed minority wherein the “village” has to find and vote out the “wolves” (werewolf=WW).

We pretty much always have a forum version running in pre-vet

@Zenge142

This big boi just arrived a few days ago, and it's glorious 😩
5120x1440 resolution, 49" diagonal. 1800R (very subtle) curve, but nothing too extreme like the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 or whatever it's called.

433051.jpg

(Got it on a freak sale on Amazon for a few hundo below MSRP). Waiting on an Ergotron arm to go on sale.

Finally not using displays from like 2006/2009.

The Excel experience on this is heavenly. *slaps the top* I can fit so many cells in this.
Can't wait to build my new PC soonish and fire up Among Us and Minecraft, even though it's most definitely not ideal for gaming.

Noticed some downsides compared to dual 27" 1440p screens...can't full-screen a video to one screen easily so it centers it in the middle, and snapping windows isn't as smart. Otherwise should be great for seamless video editing and music editing + great work from home experience. At least that's what I tell myself.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
@Zenge142

This big boi just arrived a few days ago, and it's glorious 😩
5120x1440 resolution, 49" diagonal. 1800R (very subtle) curve, but nothing too extreme like the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 or whatever it's called.

433051.jpg

(Got it on a freak sale on Amazon for a few hundo below MSRP). Waiting on an Ergotron arm to go on sale.

Finally not using displays from like 2006/2009.

The Excel experience on this is heavenly. *slaps the top* I can fit so many cells in this.
Can't wait to build my new PC soonish and fire up Among Us and Minecraft, even though it's most definitely not ideal for gaming.

Noticed some downsides compared to dual 27" 1440p screens...can't maximize a video to one screen easily so it centers it in the middle, and snapping windows isn't as smart.
👀 Heavy Breathing

• Haha
  • Care
@cubsrule4e I'm on my ophtho rotation right now, and we're talking about temporary tarsorrhaphies and my first thought was "hmm do we do this in humans?? hmm I should ask cubs...waaaaait... I think I already have"

I have asked... multiple times... oops. :laugh:
@cubsrule4e hi me again, random eyeball question time. I can induce a vagal response (and even break SVT) by pressing on a dog’s eyeball (or engage in some light choking). If I poked my eyeball enough, would I pass out?

Obviously I don’t want to try this on my own but you know… science :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
@cubsrule4e hi me again, random eyeball question time. I can induce a vagal response (and even break SVT) by pressing on a dog’s eyeball (or engage in some light choking). If I poked my eyeball enough, would I pass out?

Obviously I don’t want to try this on my own but you know… science :laugh:

Not cubs, but he is my brother.

To answer your question - Yes, the oculocardiac reflex is definitely a thing in humans!

It actually comes up pretty frequently in eye surgery. Patients can get profoundly bradycardic but can be treated with an anticholinergic (and briefly stopping the stimulus).

Light choking comes up less often...

Not cubs, but he is my brother.

To answer your question - Yes, the oculocardiac reflex is definitely a thing in humans!

It actually comes up pretty frequently in eye surgery. Patients can get profoundly bradycardic but can be treated with an anticholinergic (and briefly stopping the stimulus).

Light choking comes up less often...
And fantastic, humans work the same as animals. I’m glad to hear! Thank you!!

And for real, double doctor house, your family must be proud!