blake2go said:
👎 👎 Being that you are so heartless,why did you not just kill her yourself? Poor mixed up KID wanting to die,failed, and had to meet you,no doubt people like you,are the reason she wished to leave in the first place. Perhaps with your weapons no how,you might take yourself out and then We would not have to deal with you!
Just a few thoughts:
"...Look, without humor we would all have committed suicide. We made fun of everything. What I'm actually saying is that that helped us remain human, even under hard conditions..."
"...But don't think that it is possible for people in such situations not to have any humor and satire. This is impossible, it is a kind of defense mechanism..."
"...At the Ghetto we were looking under ground for things to laugh at, even when there weren't any..."
"...When I was interviewed for Spielberg and they asked me, what I thought was the reason I survived, they probably expected me to answer good fortune or other things I said that I thought it was laughter and humor, not to take things the way we were living but to dress them up as something different. That was what helped me I wasn't thinking about miracles and wasn't thinking anything, I only thought how not to take things seriously, as if I thought that this was the proportion that I was giving, and I guess it (this attitude) helped me. Because it was absurd all that time, it was unconceivable, that they could do those things to people..."
"...Humor was one of the integral ingredients of mental perseverance. This mental perseverance was the condition for a will to live, to put it in a nutshell. This I am telling you as a former prisoner. However little it was, however sporadic, however spontaneous, it was very important, very important. Humor and satire played a tremendous role, in my opinion. It was a cemetery all right and exactly for that reason, the mere fact that we wanted somehow to preserve our personality, they wanted to make robots out of us..."
"...This was the integral part of our inner, mental struggle for our human identity, the fact that we could still laugh at things like these..."
"...Look, the ghetto showed that people have great vitality, as soon as a moment's time passed separating one trauma from the other people were already laughing, they maybe, even laughed more..."
From: Humor as a defense mechanism in the Holocaust. Thesis confirmed by the Senate of Tel-Aviv University to conferred the Degree "Doctor of Philosophy" to:
Chaya Ostrower, supervision: Prof. Avner Ziv Date: January 2000 (
http://web.macam98.ac.il/~ochayo/absractf.html)
So basically, come off your high horse...
- H