Ah, an emotion other than contempt for your pts also known as people.
change the label and you can anything to a "thing"
You are "smart people,you had good genes,family,grades,money you have the best of educations,your good health is insured.You will make great money
be respected,a pillar of the community.
And yet you can be so unprofessional,so jaded,laughing at people who have none of the above.Sadly their are very nasty people out there,more sadly some of them wear white coats........and your but students!
After reading this site, I now know what doctors think of people
Chart,Chunk,Check and if your lucky, a Chuckle.
crispy critters,toasted tikes= a child, in agony,disfigured for life.
I work in comedy,and be damned if I can find the HaHA...................
As for your coping, I too have been exposed to violent death, many times,and have watched others go to theirs,I don't remember finding it
cathartic to laugh at the "dumb bastard" who has just been eaten by a jet engine,and turned to a fine red mist.
My first requirement for a med student would be, that they have a soul.
I am curious,and know that I shall recieve both barrels, but did you have one going in? Do you feel that is being robbed of you? What will you do when it is gone?
I'm not here to dog you, but to hold the mirror
What do you see?
Taaki said:
We are not heartless people, we too go home in tears. Humor is a way for us to get through the traumatic things we have to deal with every day. It may seem heartless to other people, but it is one of the few things that helps us keep our sanity in a profession where violent death is prominent.