I swear to you that I am not trying to be mean or rude but I want to understand. I love cats and dogs, and I give mine all the needed vaccinations and I try my best to keep them healthy. I feel terrible if I see a fly suffering before it dies, let alone a cat or a dog. BUT, there are children in the world and even in this country, sometimes just couple of miles from us are suffering and are in pain and do not have any help. What makes it worse for the children is that they know they are suffering, they have the intellect to understand in every cell of their body the emotional and physical pain. As for animals, they feel they are in pain, they may look you in the eye, but they are saying to anyone they are in pain, but that is it. Their brains, and intellect are very primitive (I do not know if this is the right word, but you know what I mean).
I know some cultures eat cats, because what is the difference between a cat and a rabbit?
But, I do not have the heart to spend lots of money on animals when my fellow humans are suffering, and probably some can live if they were offered "Fancy Feast" , but even that in African countries they do not have it.
So how come you have this great love for cats? Where did it stem from?
I truly want to learn!