This could be bad...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
time for a quick reading comprehension check??

check dr. kicia's post, it said, even if she made a 45 ... she'd choose DO or MD ... BECAUSE manipulation=fascinating ... wtf?

I am pretty sure that 99% of the ppl who post on the pre-osteo forum (INCLUDING YOU) would go MD over DO if you had a 45 and a good GPA ... I am pretty sure OMM would be a for-sure after-thought once you got into that sweet top-tier allo med school ... dont be so naive as to think you and the others on here would still go for DO (BECAUSE OF THE OMM) if given that chance to go to a top-tier MD with those sweet stats. your post was quite frankly the dumbest post ever, even trolls apparently have some sort of purpose behind their posts, and often are hilarious in their intent, too.
Damn Inviz.....I knew you had it in you! :smuggrin: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

concrete differences are something i can get on board with..

Last time I checked OMM vs. no OMM was a concrete difference.

I want a DO and this is what my mind is set for..... as crazy is this may sound to you.

haldol2.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Anywayyyyyyys, back to the OP's question. I do know that Howard and also Meharry have had accredidation problems. One reason was that a higher then average number of disciplinary actions have been given to their graduates.

^^^ whoa whoa whoa, is your avatar the daddy dino from that crazy sitcom. i used to watch that show. (talk about finding crazy pics) awesome!

very funny.
but thank you:rolleyes: i am mentally perfectly healthy...
i have no idea why somebody's willingness to learn OMM and become a DO would be a sign of psychozis:eek:
i hope you had fun calling me schizophrenic.

^^^ whoa whoa whoa, is your avatar the daddy dino from that crazy sitcom. i used to watch that show. (talk about finding crazy pics) awesome!

Random but true- My roommate actually purchased the boxset of Dinosaurs...we watched a whole disk of it when she got it. Man the 90s were good times!

very funny.
but thank you:rolleyes: i am mentally perfectly healthy...
i have no idea why somebody's willingness to learn OMM and become a DO would be a sign of psychozis:eek:
i hope you had fun calling me schizophrenic.
I don't actually think you're nuts....I was just messing around. :love:

Last time I checked OMM vs. no OMM was a concrete difference.

Are you ****ing serious?

2-3 hours per week is a drop in the bucket. You're going to spend more time eating lunch over the course of a business week than you ever spend on OMM.

If you spend those well, OMM can be a very important part of your medical training... If you just want to pass, then it's not much time at all in a relative sense.

no u thought i do not know how to google haldol:p

no, he thought you didnt know what haldol was. i am guessing though you didnt ... and did infact look it up ... :laugh:

i learned it in my drugs and human behavior class this semester ... haha, good stuff. cant believe the professor sorta taught us an overview of the process behind crystal meth production ... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you ****ing serious?

2-3 hours per week is a drop in the bucket. You're going to spend more time eating lunch over the course of a business week than you ever spend on OMM.

the ONLY difference between DO and MD is the OMM ... are you honestly gonna tell me that MD schools dont teach their students to be nice to their patients and look at the patient holistically? MD schools being cut-throat is overrated, that only exists at the elite of MD schools ... the average MD school is not as cut-throat as stereotyped.

no, he thought you didnt know what haldol was. i am guessing though you didnt ... and did infact look it up ... :laugh:

i learned it in my drugs and human behavior class this semester ... haha, good stuff. cant believe the professor sorta taught us an overview of the process behind crystal meth production ... :laugh:

mmmm crystal meth

the ONLY difference between DO and MD is the OMM ... are you honestly gonna tell me that MD schools dont teach their students to be nice to their patients and look at the patient holistically? MD schools being cut-throat is overrated, that only exists at the elite of MD schools ... the average MD school is not as cut-throat as stereotyped.

i edited after you made that post, sorry... make sure you you look up to see what i added about the importance of omm if you like it :)

i edited after you made that post, sorry... make sure you you look up to see what i added about the importance of omm if you like it :)

anything you learn in school is gonna be useful or a waste, depending on what you make of the knowledge you attain ...

OMM is still the only difference between MD and DO schools during the basic sciences years. The 3rd and 4th year clinicals are also different to the extent that DO schools emphasize PC while MD schools involve a great deal of exposure time to the various specialties ...

cant believe the professor sorta taught us an overview of the process behind crystal meth production

Our chemistry teacher in high school taught us how to make the propellant they use to launch the space shuttle. We put this knowledge to good use in our earth science class when we built rockets. :laugh:

I figured you wouldn't have to google it. :laugh:

better watch out, she's a smart cookie, could have been an MS-1 at an MD school ... :idea:

and the fact that you rejected the opportunity to be an MS-1 at an MD school to take more time in school to be a DO ... is .. amazing. :love:

better watch out, she's a smart cookie, could have been an MS-1 at an MD school ... :idea:

and the fact that you rejected the opportunity to be an MS-1 at an MD school to take more time in school to be a DO ... is .. amazing. :love:

acctually it would take me 6 years to get MD in Poland (they have a different program where you enter right out of hs).
And i am smart enough to figre when you are sarcastic, even if you try to use non sarcastic smileys:laugh: (<----not a sarcastic smiley LOL...i love that...doctormom will come here any time and will laugh about the non-sarcastic smiley:laugh: )

acctually it would take me 6 years to get MD in Poland (they have a different program where you enter right out of hs).
And i am smart enough to figre when you are sarcastic, even if you try to use non sarcastic smileys:laugh: (<----not a sarcastic smiley LOL...i love that...doctormom will come here any time and will laugh about the non-sarcastic smiley:laugh: )

didnt know you live in poland. always thought you were from chi-town. i know about poland's system a little, my cousin is now there as he went straight from HS to do that 6yr bullsh*t program and then return to Chi-town for rotations ...

and those last few lines made no sense ... esp. bout the docmom laughin at non-sarcastic smilies ... interesting. :idea:

I don't know what crawled up your ass and died but i think you should chill with the latent insults.

hmm, im pretty sure dr.kicia is smart enough to acknowledge such twists to our posts referring to HER ... so, when you get a clue, talk to me.

didnt know you live in poland. always thought you were from chi-town. i know about poland's system a little, my cousin is now there as he went straight from HS to do that 6yr bullsh*t program and then return to Chi-town for rotations ...

and those last few lines made no sense ... esp. bout the docmom laughin at non-sarcastic smilies ... interesting. :idea:

i don't live in Poland:laugh: , but i went there last year.
I don't feel like writing the whole story again. If you interested research my posts.
and the non-sarcastic smiley was the j/k refering to another thread were someone attacked doctormom saying she was using sarcastic smileys.

i don't live in Poland:laugh: , but i went there last year.
I don't feel like writing the whole story again. If you interested research my posts.
and the non-sarcastic smiley was the thing from another thread were someone attacked doctormom saying she was using sarcastic smileys.

umm, no.

I don't know what crawled up your ass and died but i think you should chill with the latent insults.

LOL...we have quite unconventional way of holding a conversation;)

I acctually kinda like Dr.Inviz's cranckiness:laugh:

I was talking to you. And I won't join your crankiness tonight... you already got one thread closed.

and ... i was talking to you. i guess that reading comprehension isnt workin for the penn staters tonite ...

DrI, are you trying to get banned or something? Why insuult everyone on every thread?

Anyway, crazy ending to that Grey's Anatomy, huh?

DrI, are you trying to get banned or something? Why insuult everyone on every thread?

No, not insulting ... theres a distinct difference in my posts ...

Anyways, I wouldnt know bout Grey's ... I dont quite watch Medical chic flicks ... damn though, I surely miss watching House ... damned class.

oh maaaaaan, i have to wait till tomorow to watch it online...i have no TV:( so have to count on the internet

and ... i was talking to you. i guess that reading comprehension isnt workin for the penn staters tonite ...

ok well when you can match a 13 in VR then you can use that attack ;)

::edit:: ok let's stop. thanks. i heart SDN too much to get banned. ::/edit::

And Grey's was annoying... was that supposed to be symbolism??

you would have to look into each residency forum and search the DO match threads. A hospital could have DOs in their primary care, anesthesiology, and other programs but their other programs have a reputation for not interivewing DOs.

It could easily be that they get few DO applications each year because of this stigma and creates a self perpetuating cycle.

For a very competitive residency DOs do match into radiology quite well compared to the other competitive residencies.

There are DO derm programs. And I think about 2-5 DOs match into MD Derm programs each year.

Thanks, I wasn't sure where I could such information. Correct me if I am wrong, but though I have repeatedly heard people say "go M.D. over D.O. if you want to specialize" (say again, something competitive such as Derm.), I am inclined to believe that my odds may actually be better by going D.O. and having the opportunity to sit for both boards, and possibly land, say, an exclusively D.O. Derm. Residency. What do you think?

hmmm ... fluke?

Thanks, I wasn't sure where I could such information. Correct me if I am wrong, but though I have repeatedly heard people say "go M.D. over D.O. if you want to specialize" (say again, something competitive such as Derm.), I am inclined to believe that my odds may actually be better by going D.O. and having the opportunity to sit for both boards, and possibly land, say, an exclusively D.O. Derm. Residency. What do you think?

go for dual-accredited. best of both worlds, not competing with the MDs ...

It's negligible almost... Derm is just as competitive in the osteopathic match for fewer spots...

But I'd say all in all, it does give you more spots to choose from. Either way you're going to need top marks and board scores to match derm unless it's in ohio (i kid)

I think if you're into derm, NSU is a good school to go to, they have a few derm positions in their grad program.

PWNED.

and as far as fluke, haha, d-max probably got 1 or 2 questions wrong on the whole section to get that score. way to go.

much :love: lol

:cough: kuba uh wanna go get a beer and a steak and afterwards we can go buy Hummers?

aww, nice way to hook up after a nice night of Grey's :love:

I think if you're into derm, NSU is a good school to go to, they have a few derm positions in their grad program.

I might have applied there if I'd known that... there was some small piece of admissions criteria that I didn't have fulfilled though, maybe it was a letter from a D.O., anyway, I'm inclined to stay in NY at this point. At any rate, competition doesn't bother me; lack of opportunity does.

I might have applied there if I'd known that... there was some small piece of admissions criteria that I didn't have fulfilled though, maybe it was a letter from a D.O., anyway, I'm inclined to stay in NY at this point. At any rate, competition doesn't bother me; lack of opportunity does.

If derm is what you want, bust your ass in your first two years and kill the boards then impress them on your clinical rotations..

As one of our assistant tennis coaches used to say as he made us do drills, "it's as simple as that."

which, unfortunately, was never that simple.