This is probably a paranoid/stupid Q, but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoctr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so the COMP secondary underlines that it should be submitted in a 6 1/2” by 9 1/2” envelope. First, I don't own a 6 1/2” by 9 1/2” envelope and I don't really want to go buy a whole bunch of them cause I just bought a load of 9" by 12". Second, a 6 1/2” by 9 1/2” envelope would mean I need to fold the nicely printed secondary. Am I being paranoid and it doesn't matter or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Uh...paranoid isn't the word...hmmmm...let's see....CHEAP!!!! There we go.

Tori's dad said:
Uh...paranoid isn't the word...hmmmm...let's see....CHEAP!!!! There we go.
Do you work 60+ hours a week to pay for student loans, on top of paying for hundreds of dollars of secondary fees? I don't know about you, but sooner or later, its going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wholeheartly agree with you. It's getting quite expensive with all the applications. However, would you rather spend that extra $50 and get into medical school or not?
I can tell you about my story. When my wife and I applied for a green card I hired an attorney. It cost us $5000. Of course we did not have that kind of money so we put it on a credit card. My friends thought I was crazy. Well, within 11 months (it takes an average of 2-3 years) I had a green card in my hand. A couple of my friends are still messing around doing it by themselves to save the money and missing one paperwork or the other. Two years later they are still spending money trying to fix their own screw ups. Moral of the story is that there is a place and time to save money, but do spend the money when it comes to investing it in your future.
Good Luck with the secondaries.

I used a big one. it's all I had too. I don't think it's a big deal. They probably just don't want you to send it in a regular envelope.

Futuredoctr said:
Do you work 60+ hours a week to pay for student loans, on top of paying for hundreds of dollars of secondary fees? I don't know about you, but sooner or later, its going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Umm yes, and yes and no it won't. If one envelope or one package of envelopes is going to break the bank, then you should reevaluate your financial situation. I am working 80+ hours a week and I have two kids. I applied to med school (14 secondaries) and had to fly to all my interviews. Had to buy a new suit for the interviews and pay for lodgings. So, I don't think that an envelope is going to be that back-breaking straw. You have a lot of other expenses comin' your way that will do that.

Tori's dad said:
... So, I don't think that an envelope is going to be that back-breaking straw. You have a lot of other expenses comin' your way that will do that.
Just to echo this. There are a lot of expenses coming your way, so don't sweat the small stuff. I didn't apply to COMP so I can't tell you about that school admissions department specifically, but if they underlined it, humor them and go get a pack of envelopes.

I agree with rub1003. I'm pretty sure they just don't want you to try to squeeze it into some small envelope. I sent it in a bigger envelope as well. 9" x 12".