This looks doable, yay or nay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not have a job. I try to focus solely on education and EC's (and yes, I do have friends I hang out with once a week, so I will still have a social life.)
I signed up for 5 classes which is 17 hours total.

Principles of Biology 1/ With lab
General Chemistry 1/ With NO lab
Vertebrate Zoology/ With lab
Art Appreciation
Middle East Politics (the teacher of this is super easy BTW)

So, with that being my schedule for this fall...is this doable, or is it a dumb idea for me to take 17 hours? Remember, I don't have a job...and so far I've made A's in my past biology courses. Any advice, or answers will be appreciated (even more than art) :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I do not have a job. I try to focus solely on education and EC's (and yes, I do have friends I hang out with once a week, so I will still have a social life.)

Art Appreciation

So, with that being my schedule for this fall...is this doable, or is it a dumb idea for me to take 17 hours? Remember, I don't have a job...and so far I've made A's in my past biology courses. Any advice, or answers will be appreciated (even more than art) :laugh:
it doesn't look that hard at all.
art appreciation & middle east politics (super easy teacher) probably wouldn't take any of your time.

it doesn't look that hard at all.
art appreciation & middle east politics (super easy teacher) probably wouldn't take any of your time.

Haha of course it's doable! I've been doing this sorta stuff for 3 years now and I have been involved in many extracurrics!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a question...

Why no lab with Gen Chem?

Art Appreciation

for me, hanging out with friends only once a week wouldn't constitute much of a social life. On the subject, I would certainly hope you could handle this course load because the dental school course load is triple.

That looks like a breeze...

Art Appreciation

Sounds like cake to me. Art Appreciation and your Middle east politics you should be able to sleep through and get A's.

thats cake!!!

my freshman year i basically had 11 classes:
gen bio lecture(50min)/recitation(50min)/lab(3hours)
gen chem lecture(50min)/recitation(50min)/lab(3hours)
spanish lecture (50min)/ spanish speaking (50min)
humanities class(50min)/ humanities lecture (50min)
and philosophy (50min)

let me tell you that was FUN

Most people on here have probably taken much harder semesters.

And still had time to hang out with friends, work, and find a wife. :D

is your school semester or quarter based?

You just have to be determined to accomplish your goals. I just got done taking chem1 w/ lab and spanish 2 for summer A which is 6 weeks. I am now taking chem 2 w/lab and trig for summer B which is also 6 weeks. If you put your mind to anything you will accomplish it. Especially since you don't work.

hth

-Matthew

It is a pretty easy semester.
My first semester my freshman year was pretty easy like yours, and I kicked myself in the butt for not taking at least another class (I'm not telling you to take more btw).
It's pretty simple.

When are you going to take the general chem lab? You should throw that in.... possibly. I don't know, you might have a personal reason why you haven't added it, so I can't say much.;)

spend some more time with your friends.
it's college, what you learn from college experience is something that you will never get to do it again.
don't worry about the future but enjoy the present.