Program-Specific Info / Q's THOMAS JEFFERSON / TEMPLE / SALUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madewellOT18

Reaction score
I’m torn between these three schools!! I’ve been accepted to Temple and Jefferson...still waiting from Salus. With my stats, I think I should be accepted. (They asked me to retake the MAT before giving me a final decision which I did (got the scores!) and been waiting on them for over a month..) Does anybody have any suggestions?

I know TJU is the most prestigious, but that doesn’t always mean it’s the best option. I’d love to hear any feedback!! Also, let me know if you’ve been accepted to any of these schools!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m torn between these three schools!! I’ve been accepted to Temple and Jefferson...still waiting from Salus. With my stats, I think I should be accepted. (They asked me to retake the MAT before giving me a final decision which I did (got the scores!) and been waiting on them for over a month..) Does anybody have any suggestions?

I know TJU is the most prestigious, but that doesn’t always mean it’s the best option. I’d love to hear any feedback!! Also, let me know if you’ve been accepted to any of these schools!!
I have applied to these schools as well. I believe they

I have applied to these schools as well!! I believe they are all great, but do differ with the little things. Taking into consideration class size, the school environment, students at the school, and curriculum should help you narrow down your choice. All are good schools setting their students up for success.
- Also, regarding your application process- were all of your prerequisite courses completed prior to acceptance?

I had all of the pre-Reqs for Temple & Jefferson CC! I have a B- in Anatomy so I’ll have to retake that for Salus (if I get in). Right now, I’m leaning towards TJU, I think it’ll lead the most opportunities. I’m nervous about how intense it will be though. Have you heard back yet?!

I have applied to these schools as well. I believe they

I have applied to these schools as well!! I believe they are all great, but do differ with the little things. Taking into consideration class size, the school environment, students at the school, and curriculum should help you narrow down your choice. All are good schools setting their students up for success.
- Also, regarding your application process- were all of your prerequisite courses completed prior to acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also debating between Salus and TJU. I got a much better vibe from Salus-- people there just seemed more relaxed than the students we met at TJU-- but I'm a bit nervous that Salus is such a new program and so few people have heard of it.

My thoughts exactly!! I feel like Salus is much more relaxed but TJU has SO many connections, resources, and opportunities. A majority of the OTS I’ve shadowed in the field have never even heard of Salus. I made a pros/cons list of both schools and was leaning more towards jefferson. What are your thoughts??

I'm also debating between Salus and TJU. I got a much better vibe from Salus-- people there just seemed more relaxed than the students we met at TJU-- but I'm a bit nervous that Salus is such a new program and so few people have heard of it.

I had all of the pre-Reqs for Temple & Jefferson CC! I have a B- in Anatomy so I’ll have to retake that for Salus (if I get in). Right now, I’m leaning towards TJU, I think it’ll lead the most opportunities. I’m nervous about how intense it will be though. Have you heard back yet?!

Yes I really think that TJU has the most opportunities and Salus is not as widely known. TJU wants to see my last prereq course grade after finals then I am hoping to hear back, but slightly nervous that they wanted to wait since it is rolling.
Are you definitely not considering Temple?

Hey! Current OTD student at TJ! Message me if you have any specific questions! Attempting to procrastinate on finals!

I actually did my undergrad at Temple and need a change. I put my deposit I down and a few weeks later realized, I’m so sick of this place lol. I’ve heard decents things about their program tho! Not the greatest but talked to current students who love it :) did you hear back from them??

Yes I really think that TJU has the most opportunities and Salus is not as widely known. TJU wants to see my last prereq course grade after finals then I am hoping to hear back, but slightly nervous that they wanted to wait since it is rolling.
Are you definitely not considering Temple?

I truly don’t know what I’ll do, but I don’t have long to decide! To further complicate things, my first choice is my in-state school, but I won’t hear from them until January or February. I leaning to Salus, but the ability to work during school if I go to TJU (I’d be doing the weekend program) is giving me a tough choice. I’d love to hear from someone who chose Salus over other schools!

I have to decide by Thursday...I think I’m going to TJU Center City.

I do really like the lax feel at Salus, class 3/4 times a week rather than M-F 9-5 and the small campus.

I suggest making a pros and cons list between the two schools! I did that and Jefferson won.

I truly don’t know what I’ll do, but I don’t have long to decide! To further complicate things, my first choice is my in-state school, but I won’t hear from them until January or February. I leaning to Salus, but the ability to work during school if I go to TJU (I’d be doing the weekend program) is giving me a tough choice. I’d love to hear from someone who chose Salus over other schools!

I graduated from Salus. Great school. Passed the boards on the first go and got a job. No one asks you what school you went to when you are job hunting. Doesn't really matter. Don't let Salus being a relatively new program deter you... At Salus you'll learn wat u need to sit for and pass the boards and thats really all u need from a school. Best of luck on your decision and OT journey!