Thomas Jefferson University COP 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed today and one of the other students asked Dr. Hess (I wasn't around) when we should be expecting a reply. From what the student said, admissions will be meeting next week to decide =/

NOOOO!!!! While I had a feeling this is what was going to happen, I was really hoping that I was wrong :(

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you have other interview offers but this is one of your top schools? If that's the case, me too!

Back to the point, I'm a bit worried because of the holiday season as well. I'm surprised they are "meeting next week," but I won't doubt it. Admin was working through Black Friday for my interview confirmation. If I had responded a couple of hours sooner, I could've saved $40 on airfare haha

I know that Jefferson is open until 4 or so on the 23. I was hoping that we would have heard from them sooner. They are one of my top schools as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone who did interview already! I interviewed on last month and received an acceptance e-mail response exactly 5 days after, and it was on 7:10 PM lol.. so check your e-mail until late afternoon :)
I already paid my acceptance deposit and will be attending so I hope to see you guys in the upcoming events!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone who did interview already! I interviewed on last month and received an acceptance e-mail response exactly 5 days after, and it was on 7:10 PM lol.. so check your e-mail until late afternoon :)
I already paid my acceptance deposit and will be attending so I hope to see you guys in the upcoming events!

Do admissions meet every so often after a wave of interviewees? There were 8 interviewees this past Monday and a number on Saturday as well. They'll choose from this group right? I hope they meet soon!

I interviewed on Saturday and I am anxiously awaiting their decision. I've heard that they notify you a week or less after your interview, so hopefully we will all here back soon!

Do admissions meet every so often after a wave of interviewees? There were 8 interviewees this past Monday and a number on Saturday as well. They'll choose from this group right? I hope they meet soon!
I think they only meet once a week. I had my interview on Saturday and received an acceptance response e-mail on Wednesday. For us, they specifically told us that they will notify acceptance following week.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on Saturday and I am anxiously awaiting their decision. I've heard that they notify you a week or less after your interview, so hopefully we will all here back soon!
You should probably get answer today or tomorrow if it's the same timeline as mine.. I also interviewed on Saturday and received response on Wednesday 7:10 PM

You should probably get answer today or tomorrow if it's the same timeline as mine.. I also interviewed on Saturday and received response on Wednesday 7:10 PM
Do you remember if you chose an interview date at the end of the potential interview dates they sent you? Just curious if they wait till all interviews for that group of interviews are completed before deciding.

Do you remember if you chose an interview date at the end of the potential interview dates they sent you? Just curious if they wait till all interviews for that group of interviews are completed before deciding.

Ah, that would make more sense. They finished another set of interviews today and have another this upcoming Friday. Some of us will be receiving a nice Christmas present if they were to meet this weekend or early next week! =)

Ah, that would make more sense. They finished another set of interviews today and have another this upcoming Friday. Some of us will be receiving a nice Christmas present if they were to meet this weekend or early next week! =)
That is what I am hoping... I really don't want to wait through the holiday.

I had my interview on second week of November, and I could choose from first week of November for my interview date. At that time, it was still early phase of interview I think, so they were having interview only once a week every Saturday. So I don't really know how many times when they meet to decide now. But I assume if there are two or more interview groups in one week they might wait til all groups are finished.. so theoretically two weeks are possible..

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys question, do you think its inappropriate to bring a notepad with some questions for the students/faculty? or should I memorize my questions?

hey guys question, do you think its inappropriate to bring a notepad with some questions for the students/faculty? or should I memorize my questions?
Most people, myself included, brought a portfolio with a notepad in it, so you can write your questions in there. When's your interview?

Most people, myself included, brought a portfolio with a notepad in it, so you can write your questions in there. When's your interview?
okay i planned on doing the portfolio part!! i just wasn't sure if the notepad thing was okay but thats good to know i have so many questions I didn't want to memorize them all :)
my interview is tomorrow morning!!!

okay i planned on doing the portfolio part!! i just wasn't sure if the notepad thing was okay but thats good to know i have so many questions I didn't want to memorize them all :)
Ahh that's so exciting!!! Good luck!!! Everyone is super nice :)

Good luck! I thought the whole interview process at Jefferson was great! There are tons of opportunities to ask questions, but I actually found that they did a great job answering most of my questions before I even had a chance to ask them.

Ahh that's so exciting!!! Good luck!!! Everyone is super nice :)
Good luck! I thought the whole interview process at Jefferson was great! There are tons of opportunities to ask questions, but I actually found that they did a great job answering most of my questions before I even had a chance to ask them.

thank you both :)! Yeah i figured some of my questions would be answered but I'm hoping that I'll still have a few left!!

Are the majority of you from the east coast? I was only one outside the area for my interview. I told them about the chilly 50-something degree weather in Cali haha

Are the majority of you from the east coast? I was only one outside the area for my interview. I told them about the chilly 50-something degree weather in Cali haha
Yup! I'm from NJ. What day did you interview?

yesss! from New Jersey! There are a ton of kids at the school who are from Cali though when I volunteered there I met a bunch of students and so many of them were west coast kids

Yup! I'm from NJ. What day did you interview?

This past Monday, I was so lucky to have that day because it was the only one I was able to go to out of the 4 dates. I have finals this week and it wasn't until yesterday.

This past Monday, I was so lucky to have that day because it was the only one I was able to go to out of the 4 dates. I have finals this week and it wasn't until yesterday.
JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE OFFER 2 MINUTES AGO! Not telling my parents until Xmas Day =P

Got mine too!!!!
:soexcited:
Best surprise ever! Wasn't expecting it until next week! Can't wait to send in my deposit.

Are you accepting?

I'll have to, my next interview at a top school (MWU-Glendale) is on the 10th, two days past the deadline for acceptance. However, after talking to my parents about it, and being in the city for the weekend, JSOP became one of the top choices =) So I might just attend here whether or not I get accepted at MWU.

Roseman U being the top choice...well, we'll see then =)

My name is Maura. I'm from the University of Rochester. I wore was wearing a black suite... like the majority of the girls there so I don't know if that helps. Which one were you?
I remember you! I'm Sarah. I'm the one that was wearing the skirt suit.

Good luck to you tomorrow! Remember, it's not confrontational, it's conversational.

thank you :) trying to keep that in mind going into this while simultaneously reminding myself not to stutter haha!

congrats to all who got accepted.. I was so sad since not many people seem to post their acceptance since I got accepted in back in November. Good to see some people getting accepted now. One of dean sent me an e-mail today saying that she would send me the "official" JSP T-shirt and she would notify me for upcoming events. I hope to see you all in upcoming events!

Reactions: 1 users
just got back from the interview it went really well :)! i'm so happy everyone was so nice. NOW THE WAITING COMMENCES!