Thomas Jefferson University COP 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your email address is actually your name so like [email protected]. You technically shouldn't give out your campus key. It's what you use to log into everything and it will show up on your page as your email, but when you give your email address to people, use the one with your name and not campus key. Just a security matter lol.
i could not figure out the difference between the two emails for the life of me hahahahahhaa

Members don't see this ad.

this is so confusing. i was accepted two weeks ago and logged on to banner to set everything up, but i still haven't received my campus key (i don't think so anyway…..i did fill out the missing info and it said to wait 24 hrs to generate the key, but i has been two weeks!). i can't access my email or anything. can someone please explain to me how you accessed your jeffmail and obtained your campus key.

your campus key is the the three letter, three number thing that they send you. you go onto jeffmail.jefferson.edu and use that campus key and the password that you used to log into banner/pulse. if you didn't receive that letter/number thing then I would call JeffIT at 215-503-7975.

"The Campus Key is your universal login credential and personal identifier that allows access to information resources on campus. If you don't know your Campus Key, you can find it by visiting the Campus Key Lookup page on http://www.jefferson.edu/jeffit/. Your initial password is usually your first and last initial in lower case, last four digits of your social security number, and your first and last initial in upper case."

Members don't see this ad :)
this is so confusing. i was accepted two weeks ago and logged on to banner to set everything up, but i still haven't received my campus key (i don't think so anyway…..i did fill out the missing info and it said to wait 24 hrs to generate the key, but i has been two weeks!). i can't access my email or anything. can someone please explain to me how you accessed your jeffmail and obtained your campus key.
that happened to me too. there is a support email on the page that is supposed to generate it, email them and they will help you out

I'd ask IT about it...my email is the campus key one; I couldn't access it with the first.last name way. I received an email about Login Information and got both sides of it.

"The Campus Key is used to authenticate your identity and grant you access to TJU computing services, such as Blackboard, the JeffMail email system..."
"Your Jefferson e-mail address is easy to remember. The address is generally represented as [email protected]."

Hope you get it figured out so you can join the group! Btw, my shirt came in today :happy:

You should contact assistant VP to ask about campus key, I was in same situation where I filled out the missing info but couldn't get a campus key within
I'd ask IT about it...my email is the campus key one; I couldn't access it with the first.last name way. I received an email about Login Information and got both sides of it.

"The Campus Key is used to authenticate your identity and grant you access to TJU computing services, such as Blackboard, the JeffMail email system..."
"Your Jefferson e-mail address is easy to remember. The address is generally represented as [email protected]."

Hope you get it figured out so you can join the group! Btw, my shirt came in today :happy:
Damn, I thought I supposed to be the first one in this forum to get a T-shirt? lol j/k
They told me they will send it right away few days ago so I will be getting it pretty soon I guess

Damn, I thought I supposed to be the first one in this forum to get a T-shirt? lol j/k
They told me they will send it right away few days ago so I will be getting it pretty soon I guess

I've been checking my mail since I replied to them my size on 1/13. I guess those who live closest gets them first! I can't imagine living anywhere further than me hahaha

sdh02, have you joined our JSP C/O 2018 FB page yet?

I've been checking my mail since I replied to them my size on 1/13. I guess those who live closest gets them first! I can't imagine living anywhere further than me hahaha

sdh02, have you joined our JSP C/O 2018 FB page yet?
They asked me about my size on 12/19/13... lol
And I live in Philly where it's located 40 minutes away from Jefferson campus.. :( anyway I haven't joined yet, I will make sure to join it right now lol

just had my interview today, i thought it went well. what i really didn't expect was the price of housing in the area. $54,000 for tuition +room and board for a year? wowwee. has anyone looked into housing around campus and has found a better alternative?

just had my interview today, i thought it went well. what i really didn't expect was the price of housing in the area. $54,000 for tuition +room and board for a year? wowwee. has anyone looked into housing around campus and has found a better alternative?

I believe tuition is around $35K for the first 3 years, and $45K for the 4th. Did you mean $54K including room and board?
Luckily for me, I have an aunt who lives about 20 minutes away from there and I'll be staying there for the duration of the program

Hey everyone, I have a problem and need some advice.

Jefferson was initially my first choice, then when i went to the interview I saw how dirty Philly was and i was really disappointed. I couldn't see myself living there for four years. I also received the estimated cost of attendance for the pharmacy program during the interview and it was crazy expensive! The apartments they have are really small and rent is like $1,100 a month. I did receive the deans scholarship (for only $4,000) but it seems like thats so little compared to the total. Im just not sure if going in debt over 200,000 dollars is worth it. Did anyone here get accepted to there state school (or any cheaper school with a good reputation) and choose Jefferson over it?

I just got accepted to SUNY Buffalo and the tuition there is soooo much cheaper and they've very well established. I really don't know what to do because initially i loved Jefferson but because of the high price, Im not sure if its worth it. Im trying to decide which school to go to...

Any advice?

I live in Jersey so we don't really have a state pharmacy school but I grew up in Philly and any city is going to be a little dirty. Jefferson is in THE best part of the city though, and maybe its just because I grew up there but I think its the next most charming area next to the Old City area.
But with price i think it comes down to if you won't regret it. Thinking about my decision to go to Jeff I'm fully aware i'm going to be in debt by a lot more than if I had chosen to go to Temple....but I don't regret my decision at ALL. So that's my indicator, just that I know i'm super happy with my decision and even if I come out mostly broke I'm still going to have loved my decision. I would try to think of it in that light!
hopefully that helps! goodluck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did my supplemental a few minutes ago. I know it's late but I made a last minute decision after talking to my parents to apply lol. So hopefully it works out. I'm from FL by the way.

Who is going to the student acceptance reception.

I just did my supplemental a few minutes ago. I know it's late but I made a last minute decision after talking to my parents to apply lol. So hopefully it works out. I'm from FL by the way.
I heard back shortly after submitting my supplemental that I received an interview. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions that you have about Jefferson! :)

More and more are joining the FB group! Lemme bump up this post so newcomers can see =)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722240337787622/

Make sure you used your @jefferson.edu email to be in the TJU groups. Then you'll be able to search for Jefferson School of Pharmacy C/O 2018, or copy and paste the link above.

Bump!

Hello Congrats to everyone who got acceptance! I got my acceptance kind of late towards the end of March and now I am still confused on where to attend. I am stuck between Jefferson and Shenandoah. The only reason is shenandoah costs me a lot less to attend and I felt that if i attend Jefferson after paying all that money it should be able to make a difference in the kind of opportunities I can get. I read in some forums(they seem to be from 2010) that it is really competitve to find a job or internship in Philly because of the other nearby pharmacy schools and that they tend to prefer students from USP and temple than jefferson students. Have you guys heard anything about this? Shenandoah has been around for a while and Jefferson is new but i feel like jefferson has the potential to rise to the top. Since you all decided to go to jefferson, could you guys tell me why you would pick jefferson over shenandoah or vice versa?
I know I am looking into the future too much but does anyone have any information about past graduates from jefferson? like what fields of pharmacy most have gone into or how many get into residency programs.

My GPA is pretty low and my PCAT was alright. 2.87 cum and 74 PCAT. I have a ton of volunteer hours, work experience in the medical field, and leadership positions. Goes to show that GPA and PCAT aren't everything! I got 5 interviews already

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
This makes me hopeful and happy. I have a GPA slightly similar to yours, a bit higher, but I haven't taken my PCAT yet. Raised myself and have done everything in my will to get me to pharmacy school. Volunteer hours, 7+ years retail experience, and shadowing experience. I sure hope I can pull off an interview.

Thank you for this post. Gives me hope.

This makes me hopeful and happy. I have a GPA slightly similar to yours, a bit higher, but I haven't taken my PCAT yet. Raised myself and have done everything in my will to get me to pharmacy school. Volunteer hours, 7+ years retail experience, and shadowing experience. I sure hope I can pull off an interview.

Thank you for this post. Gives me hope.

I had a good GPA but a not so great PCAT, + volunteer hours. So definitely don't give up hope, i thought my PCAT score would do me in but schools like Jeff definitely consider more than just that your PCAT score, or a not so great GPA. If your GPA is a little lacking work your butt off to try to get a competitive PCAT score, it already helps that you have some long term experience. You'll be fine :)

Reactions: 1 user
I had an interview on March 22, and I have yet to hear back =/
Is this normal?
They just email like most others schools right?

I had an interview on March 22, and I have yet to hear back =/
Is this normal?
They just email like most others schools right?
Usually, they make a decision and notify via e-mail within a week, if I'm not mistaken. You can call and ask them whether decision is made or not

Usually, they make a decision and notify via e-mail within a week, if I'm not mistaken. You can call and ask them whether decision is made or not
ok you think i should call and not email