Thomas Jefferson University COP 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to all who got accepted.. I was so sad since not many people seem to post their acceptance since I got accepted in back in November. Good to see some people getting accepted now. One of dean sent me an e-mail today saying that she would send me the "official" JSP T-shirt and she would notify me for upcoming events. I hope to see you all in upcoming events!
Is there a Facebook group?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know there's a c/o 2017 page too. Do we start our own? :pompous: (sorry I saw this smiley and had to use it)

ACCEPTED !!!!! I JUST GOT MY EMAIL!!!!!! See you all at orientation :))))
Congrats!
I'm sure we will all see before orientation, as it seems like there are couple of events for accepted students before orientation lol

Congrats!
I'm sure we will all see before orientation, as it seems like there are couple of events for accepted students before orientation lol
YAY :)! omg I can't wait

I noticed on the email that they sent me a small list of classes that I have yet to complete but I plan on completing them spring semester 2014. The email is kind of confusing because it says they must be completed before enrollment, this just means before we start in the fall correct? (I would think they would have used the word matriculation)

YAY :)! omg I can't wait

I noticed on the email that they sent me a small list of classes that I have yet to complete but I plan on completing them spring semester 2014. The email is kind of confusing because it says they must be completed before enrollment, this just means before we start in the fall correct? (I would think they would have used the word matriculation)
Yup! They have to be completed by the end of Spring 2014

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone ever create the facebook group for our class?

Congrats on all the acceptances! I have an interview next week and I'm really nervous because this is my first interview for pharmacy school. Is the interview open or closed file ? Also , is there an essay?

Congrats on all the acceptances! I have an interview next week and I'm really nervous because this is my first interview for pharmacy school. Is the interview open or closed file ? Also , is there an essay?
you don't really find out if its open or closed file however I don't know anyone who has been asked a specific question about something on their application. So its probably closed. Also there is no essay. I was super nervous too because it was my first interview as well but they make you feel really comfortable. Just come with good things to say and a genuine interest in the school! Definitely prepare questions!

I'm pretty sure that it is closed file. I wasn't asked about anything specific about my application. Everyone is really nice and you have the opportunity to ask a lot of questions. Just relax and be yourself! Good luck!!! :)

congrats to all who got accepted.. I was so sad since not many people seem to post their acceptance since I got accepted in back in November. Good to see some people getting accepted now. One of dean sent me an e-mail today saying that she would send me the "official" JSP T-shirt and she would notify me for upcoming events. I hope to see you all in upcoming events!

I also got accepted on November. Did you receive the T-shirt? I did not yet...haha

I was accepted in December and just received the email about my T-shirt size. I thought that it would come soon, but based on that you guys haven't gotten yours yet that I will have to wait longer :nod:

I also got accepted on November. Did you receive the T-shirt? I did not yet...haha
No, I didn't get T-shirt yet lol.. I'm waiting for upcoming event for accepted students. I can't wait to see people and be in the school building :)

Reactions: 1 user
What other schools did you guys apply to? I'm really torn about what school I would like to attend. So what I'm really asking is: why did some of you choose Jefferson over other pharmacy programs? Thanks in advance!

What other schools did you guys apply to? I'm really torn about what school I would like to attend. So what I'm really asking is: why did some of you choose Jefferson over other pharmacy programs? Thanks in advance!
So I may be a bit of a sway vote since I have received a degree from TJU in the past. I applied to a bunch of other schools. I made my decision based on NAPLEX pass rate, accreditation, faculty (who are all super nice and helpful), and the experience to work at an amazing hospital since I want to be a clinical pharmacist. There are a lot of research opportunities and Jeff Mentors which allows you to work with students from the other schools within Jefferson (nursing, med, PA, etc) to make a treatment plan for a patient. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask! :) What schools are you torn between?

I also applied to temple but that was my safety school I was really banking on getting into Jeff, which I did! For me it was definitely the area surrounding the school, what I already knew about the hospital, and their Naplex pass rate! 100% for their past two graduating classes is great so it was no thought needed

No, I didn't get T-shirt yet lol.. I'm waiting for upcoming event for accepted students. I can't wait to see people and be in the school building :)
When is that going to be? I couldn't find anything on the website about it

Haha cool

I applied to 3 schools, Jefferson, Temple, and Maryland.
I got accepted at both Temple and Jefferson. Maryland didn't send invitations yet.

I chose Jefferson for the reasons below:
1) To be part of an honor roll univ. hospital. 17th best in the nation.
2) interdisciplinary education (i.e pharm, medical, nursing, PT, PA students will go on rotations together).
3) IPPE from the first semester.
4) smaller class size
5) center city, Philly (be close to other great schools such as U penn. Networking is key)
6) 100% pass rate
7) retention rate is higher than 95%. Its close to 99%, but I don't remember the exact details. They want to make sure you graduate.
8) A welcoming and friendly environment
9) The students that gave us the tour looked very happy.
10) do you really need a 10th reason? Ok, they gave us a Jefferson water bottle and will be sending a T-shirt soon...haha. Actually forget the 1st 9, #10 did it for me.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my acceptance today yay :)!!! When do you get the financial aid package or scholarship info? I want to know before paying the deposit.

I just received my acceptance today yay :)!!! When do you get the financial aid package or scholarship info? I want to know before paying the deposit.

Woot! Welcome to the class haha...they went over the finaid stuff on interview day didn't they?

Woot! Welcome to the class haha...they went over the finaid stuff on interview day didn't they?
Haha thanks. Yeah I think they had a general financial aid talk. What about merit scholarships? Don't they notify you before you accept?

By the way, you guys gotta list that you're attending Thomas Jefferson University on Facebook. After, you should see that there are groups within the University, but you'll have to verify your @jefferson.edu email. Once that's done, search for JSPharm C/O 2018 and join! Not a lot of activity from the other groups in TJU so let's not be part of the norm!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722240337787622/

Don't think you can see it unless you list TJU in your education.

Congratulations!!! :soexcited:I think they send the financial aid package at a later time, after you submit your FAFSA.

By the way, you guys gotta list that you're attending Thomas Jefferson University on Facebook. After, you should see that there are groups within the University, but you'll have to verify your @jefferson.edu email. Once that's done, search for JSPharm C/O 2018 and join! Not a lot of activity from the other groups in TJU so let's not be part of the norm!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722240337787622/

Don't think you can see it unless you list TJU in your education.
how do we know our jefferson email? i haven't gotten any info on it. i only know my campus key and can log into banner

I figured it out I think :) i just requested the group!! can't wait to meet you all!

Haha thanks. Yeah I think they had a general financial aid talk. What about merit scholarships? Don't they notify you before you accept?
when i went for my interview they said we would find out shortly after acceptance, but they didn't say how short that period would be.

I interviewed on 12/14, was accepted 12/19, paid my deposit on 12/21, and received a scholarship on 12/23. So I am not positive if you have to accept before they tell you about scholarships, but that was how it worked out for me.

I interviewed on 12/14, was accepted 12/19, paid my deposit on 12/21, and received a scholarship on 12/23. So I am not positive if you have to accept before they tell you about scholarships, but that was how it worked out for me.
Wow congrats! Did you get the deans scholarship? Do you mind sharing your stats?

It's just that jefferson is soooo expensive and I really don't want to be 200,000+ in debt when I graduate. I still have an interview for my instate school, but I really fell in love with jefferson during the interview process.

Wow congrats! Did you get the deans scholarship? Do you mind sharing your stats?

It's just that jefferson is soooo expensive and I really don't want to be 200,000+ in debt when I graduate. I still have an interview for my instate school, but I really fell in love with jefferson during the interview process.

I totally understand. I too am looking at about $200,000 in loans, which is quite terrifying. I did get the Dean's Scholarship. I am graduating in May with a BA in Biology. My GPA is a 3.91. My composite PCAT score was 99th percentile. I spent two summers doing research and one summer shadowing in a pharmacy. I have also been a TA for several classes and labs during college.

It's been a quiet week...anyone have any questions about admission, interview process, our stats, etc?

Bump

^^ yes! we are all willing to help and give advice :)

Anyone have an idea of when orientation might be? My last orientation was about 5 years ago so I don't remember many days/weeks I need to be in Philly prior to the first day of school. I'll be booking my flight from CA!

Join if you haven't: https://www.facebook.com/groups/722240337787622/
I am having trouble joining. It says it's closed group, but doesn't give me the option to join.

I totally understand. I too am looking at about $200,000 in loans, which is quite terrifying. I did get the Dean's Scholarship. I am graduating in May with a BA in Biology. My GPA is a 3.91. My composite PCAT score was 99th percentile. I spent two summers doing research and one summer shadowing in a pharmacy. I have also been a TA for several classes and labs during college.

I received a letter in the mail that my supplemental fee would be waived if I applied this month. I don't know if I should apply here. The cost of attendance is high. Is the dean's scholarship only awarded to incoming students with high GPAs AND high PCAT scores? How much tuition is offset by the scholarship? I read somewhere that the average awarded is $5000/year, which is not a lot, considering we would be paying over $30k/year P1-P3 and over $40K P4.

Just got an e-mail from Jefferson dean that T-shirts for accepted students have been arrived and they want to send T-shirts to my home address. So excited :)
You guys should get one pretty soon too I think.

Anyone have an idea of when orientation might be? My last orientation was about 5 years ago so I don't remember many days/weeks I need to be in Philly prior to the first day of school. I'll be booking my flight from CA!

Forgot to answer this question. Assistant VP of Admissions said that orientation would happen on the 3rd or 4th week of August, so plan ahead if you're coming from out of state like me!

I am having trouble joining. It says it's closed group, but doesn't give me the option to join.

First, you have to list Thomas Jefferson University in your education on FB. Then you'll supply them your @jefferson.edu email and then you will see the groups available within the TJU page. Hope that helps!

I received a letter in the mail that my supplemental fee would be waived if I applied this month. I don't know if I should apply here. The cost of attendance is high. Is the dean's scholarship only awarded to incoming students with high GPAs AND high PCAT scores? How much tuition is offset by the scholarship? I read somewhere that the average awarded is $5000/year, which is not a lot, considering we would be paying over $30k/year P1-P3 and over $40K P4.

For the cost, that's the expected range for most private schools I believe. Seeing that the PharmCAS app is only $50-$60, it wouldn't hurt to apply just to increase your chances of getting into a program. Got an interview invite? Take it! Once you get more interview invites and acceptances (hopefully) then you can compare the pros and cons of each school.

As for the scholarship, I didn't get it so I don't know actually.

Just got an e-mail from Jefferson dean that T-shirts for accepted students have been arrived and they want to send T-shirts to my home address. So excited :)

I've been checking my porch for packages for the last 2 weeks! Hahaha

I just paid my deposit yesterday :). I didn't hear anything about getting a T-shirt though. Did they email you or something…?

ooooh and i couldn't access the Facebook page, i don't have a Jefferson email.

I just paid my deposit yesterday :). I didn't hear anything about getting a T-shirt though. Did they email you or something…?

Yay!!! Congratulations!

Following your acceptance offer, you should've received an email with the subject "Next steps for Jefferson pharm students." You should get directions on how to obtain your campus key (login ID) and set up your Blackboard (Banner) and Pulse. And when you access your Jefferson email, you'll notice that it's just "[email protected]" <-- for me at least =)

Make sure you do everything before matriculation! And congratulations!

Following your acceptance offer, you should've received an email with the subject "Next steps for Jefferson pharm students." You should get directions on how to obtain your campus key (login ID) and set up your Blackboard (Banner) and Pulse. And when you access your Jefferson email, you'll notice that it's just "[email protected]" <-- for me at least =)

Make sure you do everything before matriculation! And congratulations!
Your email address is actually your name so like [email protected]. You technically shouldn't give out your campus key. It's what you use to log into everything and it will show up on your page as your email, but when you give your email address to people, use the one with your name and not campus key. Just a security matter lol.