Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of course Philly is ****ty. Home to some of the most vile sports fans in the world who know nothing. **** THE PHILLIES AND **** THE EAGLES!
I'd rank them 3rd behind NY and Boston sports fans.

Members don't see this ad.

How did everyone else do with their interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here from their interviews if they got accepted?

I'll chime in and say Boston fans are the WORST.

Might I add that Philly fans will BOO their own team/QB when they're not doing well. That's some tough love right there.

Too bad none of the NY football teams could muster any strength to make it to the 'ship.

I absolutely hate it when forums trail way off topic just like the way this one is going with the sports fans thing... Whatever... Planet earth has the worst sports fans in the solar system; so please no more comments about this.

I'll chime in and say Boston fans are the WORST.

Might I add that Philly fans will BOO their own team/QB when they're not doing well. That's some tough love right there.

Too bad none of the NY football teams could muster any strength to make it to the 'ship.

NY fans will do the same to their own team.

See: Aaron Heilman, people groaned every time he came into the game and then he gives up a home run and then the vitriol starts.

Beltran got so much heat in NY after he struck out looking in Game 7 of the NLCS in 2006. But they warmed up to him after he started raking in 2007.

:D AAHH!!! I got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!! woooohoooo!!!

Good luck to everyone else! I interviewed bak on the 20th, just an FYI... Im so excited!!! :luck:

Congratulations! I also interviewed on the 20th, in fact I think we may have done the writing sample together. Did you hear back from any of your other colleges yet?

No letter, good or bad, for me today. Perhaps tomorrow.

Congratulations! I also interviewed on the 20th, in fact I think we may have done the writing sample together. Did you hear back from any of your other colleges yet?

No letter, good or bad, for me today. Perhaps tomorrow.

OH yeaaa!! I had a feeling u were the one i was with but i wasnt sure! Lol im sure u will get in, dont loose hope!! I had 2 rejections before i got this acceptance so im holding onto it!! Im so excited! I really liked the school and it was one of my top choices so wat more could i ask for??

Dont worry! Im sure you will be alright! Just keep checking your email and a letter should be in there soon! :D Good luck to ya! :xf:

I got my acceptance email yesterday too!!!!! =) So excited!! I can finally determine what the rest of my year will look like...

BTW, current Jefferson students, when did school start for you last year? I tried the academic calendar on the website but it was a bad link. Also, how soon before school started did you guys move to Philly, for those who are from out of state. (I'm also from CA, guess you can add me to the list. It seems like there's a good number of Californians in this forum.)

School started in September for us last yr.

In terms of when I moved out here.. because of the housing contract I got through the Univ. I moved out here about a month before school started.

Though I was a bit bummed for leaving Ca that early, it gave me a chance to really explore the city and see what it had to offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance email yesterday too!!!!! =) So excited!! I can finally determine what the rest of my year will look like...

BTW, current Jefferson students, when did school start for you last year? I tried the academic calendar on the website but it was a bad link. Also, how soon before school started did you guys move to Philly, for those who are from out of state. (I'm also from CA, guess you can add me to the list. It seems like there's a good number of Californians in this forum.)

BTW, what part of Ca are you from?

NorCal. I live in Sacramento right now, but went to school at ucla. So how do you like living in Philly??

Hey ismelllikflower, did you also interview on Dec 20th? I'm trying to find out of anyone who interviewed on Jan 6th has heard anything back yet. Thanks.

Hey ismelllikflower, did you also interview on Dec 20th? I'm trying to find out of anyone who interviewed on Jan 6th has heard anything back yet. Thanks.

We might have to wait just as long as the people that interviewed on the 20th. I plan on calling tomorrow?

I absolutely hate it when forums trail way off topic just like the way this one is going with the sports fans thing... Whatever... Planet earth has the worst sports fans in the solar system; so please no more comments about this.

hahaha this made me laugh

So you guys interviewed in groups for Jefferson? That's interesting, I was the only one there when I went. Then again, I couldn't go on any of the dates they provided because I had school so I went on the first day of my Spring Break, which was St. Patricks Day.

So you guys interviewed in groups for Jefferson? That's interesting, I was the only one there when I went. Then again, I couldn't go on any of the dates they provided because I had school so I went on the first day of my Spring Break, which was St. Patricks Day.

Yeah they came in groups, but were individually interviewed twice. I think there were just lots of exceptions last year...they were scheduling interviews on the fly if you happened to be in the area and were invited for an interview.

Kind of sucks now that it's become crowd control with all the applicants...I ran a tour of about 14 kids and i thought back to my own tour as an applicant of....3 people. Such a different experience IMO.

Ah, oh well.

So, I guess since at least 3 out of the other 5 people who interviewed with me on the 20th have already received acceptances I'm probably not looking forward to a happy letter.

Bummer. This school is not my first choice, but it was my first interview and I just want to get accepted SOMEWHERE.

Yeah they came in groups, but were individually interviewed twice. I think there were just lots of exceptions last year...they were scheduling interviews on the fly if you happened to be in the area and were invited for an interview.

Kind of sucks now that it's become crowd control with all the applicants...I ran a tour of about 14 kids and i thought back to my own tour as an applicant of....3 people. Such a different experience IMO.

Ah, oh well.

Yeah, I got interviewed twice as well. One was by some lady on the 10th floor I think. Second was someone on the 1st floor, but you walk into a room then walk up a small flight of stairs to her office.

Those of you that were accepted.. do you mind sharing your stats? Also, how well did you feel your interviews went? Thank you

Those of you that were accepted.. do you mind sharing your stats? Also, how well did you feel your interviews went? Thank you

[deleted stats]

i couldn't gauge the interview well, but i could tell it was definitely better than the previous two i had been on. i tried my best to be myself. i wear my heart on my sleeve and i really started to like jefferson during the tour so i think my enthusiasm showed.

i wish everyone the best! my biggest advice is to be yourself.

Last edited:
I read in the Northstate thread that students can't get federal loans until the school is accredited.

Can I assume the same goes for Jefferson as well?

I read in the Northstate thread that students can't get federal loans until the school is accredited.

Can I assume the same goes for Jefferson as well?

Jefferson is already regionally accredited. ACPE accreditation and regional accreditation are two different things.

Regional accreditation = eligibility for federal loans (Northstate does not have this, Jefferson does).

ACPE Pharmacy accreditation = Jefferson (and Northstate) have pre-accreditation, allowing them to be open and accepting students.

I got a ton of federal loans, haha ::twirls finger::

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not sure if I want to apply to Northstate at all because of the whole loan situation.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm not sure if I want to apply to Northstate at all because of the whole loan situation.
Coupled with high tuition costs was what did it for me. I'm sure the program isn't terrible but I wanted to stay away from stand-alone pharmacy schools as much as possible.

Can someone tell me what the schedule is like on interview day? I'm just wondering if it's possible to fly out on the same day.

EDIT: HELL YEAH CARDINALS!!!

Last edited:
I got there at 8:30ish, there are signs that direct you to the correct floor and room. Mr. Doll took our photos holding name signs (not sure why?) and at 9:00 four out of the group were lead away for individual interviews and two of us (myself included) did a writing sample that took about 30 min. Then the two of us had a Q&A session with current students. After that we both had two, individual interviews. Then a student took the whole group on a tour of the campus, and faculty took us on a tour of the hospital. The schedule that was given to me said I should have finished at 12:30 but it was more like 1:15-1:30ish by the time I got to my car.

Hello everyone,

I am another student that is currently enrolled in Jefferson's Pharmacy Program. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

And the reason they take your picture is so they have it in your profile to remember you as not just name, but as a face.

For those that do come here next year...they do know your name...even down to the administrative assistants

I think it's pretty cool!

And the reason they take your picture is so they have it in your profile to remember you as not just name, but as a face.
So it's not to weed you out if you're too ugly? :laugh:

So it's not to weed you out if you're too ugly? :laugh:

Well I got in
bucktooth0pn.gif

I'm trying to find out of anyone who interviewed on Jan 6th has heard anything back yet. Thanks.

I got an acceptance letter on 1-13 via e-mail with an interview on 1-6. They give you all the forms you need, but will also mail them via regular USPS.

Has anyone received an actual snail mail acceptance letter?

ouch....
i interviewed 1/9

what are the chances that the adcom met before hand...or my day just wasnt apart of the pile they went through?

I got an acceptance letter on 1-13 via e-mail with an interview on 1-6. They give you all the forms you need, but will also mail them via regular USPS.

Has anyone else received any acceptances that interviewed in the 6th? I have yet to hear from them.

HI Kirbypuff! I do remember you!

No....still haven't received official acceptance letter from snail mail...

I still havent gotten the regular letter either....

Congrats Iron Patriot! :)

HI Kirbypuff! I do remember you!

No....still haven't received official acceptance letter from snail mail...

Hi! :)

are you going to jefferson or waiting for more offers?

I just got my official letter today. I thought it would be a big packet! I'm glad they sent the email first cus otherwise I would've had a heart attack thinking the tiny envelope meant rejection.

--

Last edited:
Hi all! I just got an interview invitation as well and I am really excited. I have a few questions for t hose of you who have already been interviewed. How long were each of your one on one interviews? And are they open or closed file? I have also been looking at mock interview questions on sdn but if any of you could throw out some questions you were asked, it would be really helpful! Thanks! :)

Hi! :)

are you going to jefferson or waiting for more offers?

I just got my official letter today. I thought it would be a big packet! I'm glad they sent the email first cus otherwise I would've had a heart attack thinking the tiny envelope meant rejection.

Yeah, I heard before about some school that sent acceptance letters in a big packet with confetti.

I interviewed at Jefferson a couple of weeks ago (onthe 10th), and have not heard anything yet as to my acceptance status, has anyone had any response from them?:xf:I know one of the people I interviewed with received an e-mail confirming his acceptance. I got nothing. Maybe I should take the hint?

Last edited: