Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got invitation for an interview by e-mail. I decided going on Feb 28th. I can not chose any earlier dates given. Anyone knows how many seats are left? Is it going to be too late going on FEB28 since there are not many seats are available?
anyone know how many people get invited for an interview?
thanks

A lot of people get invited for interviews and people get accepted throughout. You have to remember, however, that some people may get accepted that do not chose to go to Jefferson. As long as you are invited for an interview, there are still seats open, so do not give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just found out today via snail mail that I was waitlisted. Interviewed on 1/6/09. I'm wondering how many people there were last year who were waitlisted who actually got in?

I interviewed at Jefferson a couple of weeks ago (onthe 10th), and have not heard anything yet as to my acceptance status, has anyone had any response from them?:xf:I know one of the people I interviewed with received an e-mail confirming his acceptance. I got nothing. Maybe I should take the hint?

I interviewed the same day as you and I haven't heard anything either :(. I know who it is who got the acceptance. I just wonder if he/she is the only one who got that acceptance or if the others who got accepted simply aren't members of SDN. Nonetheless, I would give it a little while longer before you give up all hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow...anyone else really annoyed?

i checked my mail this morning and found the BIG envelope from jefferson. i woke my roommates up. it was financial aid information....not an acceptance. :(

i interviewed jan. 9...but i guess that means they havent rejected me...yet

wow...anyone else really annoyed?

i checked my mail this morning and found the BIG envelope from jefferson. i woke my roommates up. it was financial aid information....not an acceptance. :(

i interviewed jan. 9...but i guess that means they havent rejected me...yet

haha i think maybe you got in! why would they send you the finaid package if they rejected you?

most every schools sends fin-aid regardless of admission status.

:( thats crappy of them. I was really confused because I declined their invitation and I got the big packet in the mail yesterday too. I thought maybe they had gotten something mixed up, but then I open it and see fin. aid info. But I hope you get in!! :)

I got in!!!!! I got an e-mail yesterday!!!I also got into SJFC Wegmans school of Pharm I am sooooooooo excited!!! A long fought dream finally coming to reality. :love:

doh i meant school not schools..this is what happens when you're on SDN while trying to listen to lecture. bwhahaha

but no they need to process fin aid first since that takes some time, especially if you get waitlisted and accepted within 2 weeks of fall semester...you better have fin aid on file! admissions and fin aid are two separate offices that really don't talk to each other until you register for classes.

I got in!!!!! I got an e-mail yesterday!!!I also got into SJFC Wegmans school of Pharm I am sooooooooo excited!!! A long fought dream finally coming to reality. :love:

Congrats. Did Jefferson tell you how long you had to make your decision? Also, how much is the deposit?

I received my waitlist letter on Wednesday and the huge-ass financial aid packet on Thursday. I thought that was particularly cruel.

"Well, we don't think you're good enough but, just in case you get lucky here's how you'll be able to pay!"

I received my waitlist letter on Wednesday and the huge-ass financial aid packet on Thursday. I thought that was particularly cruel.

"Well, we don't think you're good enough but, just in case you get lucky here's how you'll be able to pay!"

I completely agree.. same case for me. I received my waitlist letter on Wednesday and then got the big financial aid packet on Friday. Good thing we didn't get the big packet before the waitlist letter.. that would be REALLY cruel..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys that go to Jefferson COP already, quick question!

How much would you say on average is the expenses of living? Like apartment on campus, bills etc... Are you able to get loans to cover all of it?

Thanks! :)

Cost of living isn't too bad.. it all depends on your own personal spending habits.

For myself, I have 1br apt to myself... so my expenses are bit more compared to those that share an apt.

I personal cook a lot of my meals and don't eat out much, so I managed to save money there.

Utilities aren't too bad.. On avg, my energy bill has been under $15.. though this next month should be a lot because of my Heater usage.

I'm pretty much maxed out on loans.

Congrats. Did Jefferson tell you how long you had to make your decision? Also, how much is the deposit?

I have two weeks to decide (until the 5th of Feb), and the deposit is 500.00 dollars. SJFC is also 500.00. I have some quick decisions to make:confused:

So this is my new dilemma (can't life just be easier:mad:), any way, I got into Jefferson (as I mentioned before) and they said I needed 1 physiology lab credit and one microbiology credit completed before I go to school in the fall. How in the hell am I supposed to get those? I took Micro and Physiology and my school apparently did not require a lab. SJFC does not require these two lab credits. I am leaning on going to Jefferson though, any ideas?

hey!, congrats on the acceptances. I have the exact same problem (micro and anatomy/physiology). Have you spoken with Karen Jacobs?

hey!, congrats on the acceptances. I have the exact same problem (micro and anatomy/physiology). Have you spoken with Karen Jacobs?

wow! why do i get the feeling i interviewed with you?

anyways, i interviewed jan 9, and all i got was the financial aid packet...no acceptance. kinda would like to HEAR from somewhere.

No did you speak with her? I'm going to call there on Monday to find out my options. What are your plans??

wow! why do i get the feeling i interviewed with you?

anyways, i interviewed jan 9, and all i got was the financial aid packet...no acceptance. kinda would like to HEAR from somewhere.

Hi, Yes I think we did interview together. I was the person with the blue top w/out an outer black jacket. Best of luck with your interviews and I know you will be accepted soon.

Jefferson is a top choice for me because of its reputation. I think the city is also very nice-- make sure to take a photo at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (where Rocky ran up the stairs).

Last edited:
No did you speak with her? I'm going to call there on Monday to find out my options. What are your plans??

knowing Karen Jacobs Astle..her response will be something like this: if you fail to satisfy the requirement, you will have to relinquish your seat and we will move to the next person on the waiting list.

Hope that helps..

Hi,
I emailed and also called and she said she will take a look at my file. I may most likely have to take one more quarter of micro and one more quarter of anat/phys, because my school also does not give enough hours
(only 5 quarter hours/ 3.33 sem hours) and we need 4 sem hours/ 6 quarter hours, but we'll see what Karen has to say.
:xf:

addition:
Holy cow! I/we better get those pre-reqs in.

Well Congrats either way. If I can't go to Jefferson that will leave a seat open for another hopeful:) ,although I would be a bit disappointed. At least I have another option.

Well Congrats either way. If I can't go to Jefferson that will leave a seat open for another hopeful:) ,although I would be a bit disappointed. At least I have another option.

you can't take those labs at a jc or different university? well, call Karen Jacobs anyways to be sure. Here's a little heads up: catch on a good day. Otherwise, she can be a little caustic and feisty :luck:

you can't take those labs at a jc or different university? well, call Karen Jacobs anyways to be sure. Here's a little heads up: catch on a good day. Otherwise, she can be a little caustic and feisty :luck:
Thanks for the Heads up:cool:

does anyone know where to live??? which residence hall is good?? i was thinking barringer perhaps...and what about apts? anything nice??

When did you have your interview?

does anyone know where to live??? which residence hall is good?? i was thinking barringer perhaps...and what about apts? anything nice??

Here is jeff's housing website, you can find the rates and floor plan of each building: http://www.jefferson.edu/housing/

Brief info:
There are 3 on campus buildings to live in... Martin, Barringer and Orlowitz.
Martin is a 9month lease, dorm style with the school's furniture, it has a communal kitchen. If you like to cook often, I wouldn't recommend living here, plus theres virtually no dining hall so you'd have to cook or eat out.

Barringer & Orlo are apartment style. NOT furnished. Both come with a complete kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom(s).
I can only tell you about my apt (2br in barringer) and my friend's 1br in orlo. Orlo doesn't have a dishwasher, barringer does. Thats the only difference I think. Both buildings have laundry rooms in the basement. Both have a gym with weights, treadmills, ellipticals. I like barringer bc its "newer" and the gym looks out to the street. Although I think i'll be moving over to orlo next year bc it has a lot of 1br apts so if you're looking to apply for a 1br - apply for orlo. Its a bit older but I don't see a difference btw the two apt buildings.

You can also set up housing on your own, a lot of my classmates use Craigslist.

Also, if you've been accepted and are contemplating living on campus - apply for housing by April / May. These rooms do run out - although 1st years do have a priority. Any specific questions just ask.

-ADN

WOOHOO! Just got an acceptance in my inbox! It's my first one, so I'm very very happy because now I know I'm going to be going to school this fall.

Not quite sure what was up with the waitlist 5 days before the acceptance, but other waitlist peeps take heart and keep your chin up.

WOOHOO! Just got an acceptance in my inbox! It's my first one, so I'm very very happy because now I know I'm going to be going to school this fall.

Not quite sure what was up with the waitlist 5 days before the acceptance, but other waitlist peeps take heart and keep your chin up.

congrats!! :)

sweet! more acceptances! how many of y'all feel about how the school is not accredited? and the 3.0 gpa requirement we have to maintain?

school is not accredited?

::rolls eyes::: great, not this line again.

look up the difference between unaccredited, pre-accredited, candidate accredited, and fully accredited. i'd tell you but i'm in class right now.

When I sent in my supplemental was there no essay? I have a feeling I missed something. How long did it take to get back either a rejection or a interview?

look up the difference between unaccredited, pre-accredited, candidate accredited, and fully accredited. i'd tell you but i'm in class right now.

I'm pretty confident that Jefferson will become fully accredited. :hungover:

LoL. Is this what you were doing?

This question will always come up over and over again... no matter how many times you, me, or someone else has tried to explain the differences.

With regards to the 3.0 GPA, instead of being discouraged, it should motivate you to continuously maintain a level of excellence that merits the Jefferson name.

well, my bad for not being specific enough for you. i mean "fully accredited." i understand what it means. i just wanted to see what everyone's opinions were to those interested in jefferson. i already have my own conclusions about the school.

LoL. Is this what you were doing?

This question will always come up over and over again... no matter how many times you, me, or someone else has tried to explain the differences.

With regards to the 3.0 GPA, instead of being discouraged, it should motivate you to continuously maintain a level of excellence that merits the Jefferson name.

i know right...same people who go "isn't hawaii hilo that shady school that stole a bunch of money?" no you ******!

and in other news, i heard through down the grapevine that TJU has hit 1000+ applications submitted as of december. this would mean about 2-3x more applications than last year. man...next year's class is gonna be smart! We'll be the walking dumb dumbs. bwahahhaa

I didn't know TJ had a pharmacy school, I've looked into residencies there though. They seem pretty solid, plus its close to some tasty cheese steaks.

i know right...same people who go "isn't hawaii hilo that shady school that stole a bunch of money?" no you ******!

and in other news, i heard through down the grapevine that TJU has hit 1000+ applications submitted as of december. this would mean about 2-3x more applications than last year. man...next year's class is gonna be smart! We'll be the walking dumb dumbs. bwahahhaa

I wouldn't count out our class just yet. I hear we actually have a couple of 4.0 students at the moment...

Congratulations! We may be future classmates! :D

I wouldn't count out our class just yet. I hear we actually have a couple of 4.0 students at the moment...

well it ain't me that's for sure...hahaha

but no it's the law...as time progresses, your classes get smarter and smarter. USN had an entering/founding class GPA of ~2.8-2.9, it's up to 3.7-3.8 now. At my undergrad, the average GPA went up and so did selectivity in terms of percentage accepted.

When did you have your interview?
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I interviewed Jan 10th. I loved the school!!!! However, I will have to pass... so all you hopefuls keep your fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Well, I sent in my deposit today! Unless I get an acceptance from Maryland I will be seeing you all in Philly in the fall :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I interviewed Jan 10th. I loved the school!!!! However, I will have to pass... so all you hopefuls keep your fingers crossed:rolleyes:
Are you going with SJF instead?

Does anybody know the average gpa/pcat score of accepted students at Jefferson? Pharmcas says it's around 3.0 gpa. I'm expecting it'll be higher this yr.

ugh...waitlisted.

at least my first letter wasnt a rejection