those with non-science majors..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uwmissy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
curious, for those of you who are in pharmacy school right now... or those who just got accepted this year (congrats btw), how many of you (or know of anyone) are non-science majors? and what major. and gpa if you don't mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, as for me, here is the information you desire:

Degrees Earned : Bachelors in Secondary Education (Mathematics)

Degrees In-Progress : Masters of Arts in School Counseling

Pharmacy Admissions Status : ACCEPTED (woohoo!) for Fall 2008 at NEOUCOP (located in Ohio)

GPA : 3.492 (Undergrad) 3.692 (Graduate) 3.8 (Sciences - this is w/o O-Chem and Biology however so it may be a bit skewed!)

Age (if your curious) : 30

Sincerely,
Shawn (futurerxguy)

Interior Design major, 3.3 overall, 3.3 science.

Applied to U of MN and Creighton web, accepted to both. Attending Creighton.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bachelor of Music Education
Master of Music- Flute Performance

Overall GPA: 3.7

Currently a P-2

Science GPA 4.0

Overall GPA ~3.9

PCAT comp 99%

BS in Social Studies Education

Waiting to hear from University of Minnesota and Midwestern Glendale...interviewed at both places in October.

Good to see other non-science majors on here...I get extremely pissed when I hear people say things along the line of "non-science majors don't deserve to get into pharm school." I see how having a degree in chemistry, biology, etc. can really be beneficial during pharm school, but let's face it, you go to pharmacy school to learn how to be a pharmacist. You don't get that from a BS in chemistry just as you don't get that from a degree in business, education, or underwater-basketweaving.

Some people get very arrogant about having a bs in biochem, doing 15 years of research, etc, etc, etc, but if you don't have a degree in a science field don't let it keep you from applying for pharm schools! You are not expected to be an expert on all things science to get into pharmacy school...they teach you what you need to know. Communication skills are extremely important, and I've found that is something many science majors are lacking in.