Thoughts on Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Microbio at a CC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add some units to my science workload over the next year or so, and I'm currently enrolled in General Human Anatomy at a CC. Outside of obvious padder science classes like Intro. to Astronomy and Biotechnology, the only "rigorous-enough" science classes are Anato/Physio and Microbiology.

Should I bother taking these at a CC level? Taking them at a 4-year is not an option due to availability and cost. If it's not gonna be a plus to my future app (low 3 GPA's, luckily no prerequisites or any of the main sciences taken at all; all math and stat classes), I guess I figure what's the point of taking these.

Will taking Human Anatomy, Human Physio, and Microbio at a CC level and receiving A's in them help apps, or are they seen as neutrals/"you're supposed to get A's in those" due to them being at a CC level? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, I've noticed that taking those courses is relatively common among students who eventually transfer to a four year school. I personally had just as good of an experience taking biology at a CC as I did a four year university. Are you doing a DIY post-bacc or are you going to transfer to a four year school later?