kkwngl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the OAT exam
A disappointed for bio and orgo.. bio i wish i had done a bit better. Orgo, i had a feeling i wouldn't do so well in.

QR: 360
RC: 350
Bio: 290
GC: 380
Orgo: 290
Physics: 310
TS: 320
AA: 330

Will the two low scores hurt my chances? Will it be asked about?
I have a 3.2 GPA and a pretty solid resume (5 research projects, 70+ hours Optom. shadowing, Leadership positions, awards, etc.
My top school is ICO and MWU (Downers Grove) which is a new school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just took the OAT exam
A disappointed for bio and orgo.. bio i wish i had done a bit better. Orgo, i had a feeling i wouldn't do so well in.

I have a 3.2 GPA and a pretty solid resume (5 research projects, 70+ hours Optom. shadowing, Leadership positions, awards, etc.

Overall good scores, but the orgo and bio will be asked about. It also depends on how well you did in those classes in undergrad, I was told they often compare it to that. Have you already applied?

Overall good scores, but the orgo and bio will be asked about. It also depends on how well you did in those classes in undergrad, I was told they often compare it to that. Have you already applied?

I submitted my apps recently yes.
Bio i did good in, for orgo i struggled in school as well.. I received a C in orgo. But I did work as hard as I could, and even though my scores don't reflect the extent of my efforts, I can say that I did my best.
At this point, I don't know if its worth retaking the exam bc is my score good enough for my top two picks anyway?

i had the same AA and TS, also with a 290 in orgo. I did well in orgo though so I didnt get asked about it, but I think you still have a shot at interviews. Maybe email someone at the schools you're looking at and see what they think?

Members don't see this ad :)
i had the same AA and TS, also with a 290 in orgo. I did well in orgo though so I didnt get asked about it, but I think you still have a shot at interviews. Maybe email someone at the schools you're looking at and see what they think?
I'm pretty nervous to ask them bc what if they tell me to retake the exam?

I'm pretty nervous to ask them bc what if they tell me to retake the exam?

I probably shouldn't say this but I saw a lot of scores on the table during one of my interviews. You should be fine. Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Just took the OAT exam

I don't think you'll have an issue. Just be ready to explain the scores during the interview.