thoughts on school list - high DAT, low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mushyrooms12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to apply this coming cycle and was hoping to get some feedback on my school list

my stats:
  • overall GPA 3.02
  • sGPA 2.96
  • DAT score: 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT
  • about 100 hours of shadowing and will have more by the time I apply
  • I don't have many EC's other than a few clubs and one or 2 leadership positions from college, some volunteer work and hobbies
  • I am a california resident
  • retook some classes at a CC to raise my GPA
My school list so far: 25 schools (kind of a lot, I know)
BU, Tufts, USC, NYU, UCSF, Midwestern (AZ), Rutgers, Western, Case Western, UNE, UDM, TEMPLE, UNLV, ATS, Touro, UOP, Midwestern (IL), UMD, Indiana, University of Colorado, University of Buffalo, University of Michigan, University of Pittsburgh, UCLA, OHSU, LECOM

Are there any schools I should consider adding or removing? I'm not even close to the average enrollee GPA for a lot of these schools so should I even bother applying?
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I think your DAT score will help, but of course it is all up the adcoms. Just put forth your best app and sell yourself. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Id take out Michigan, Buffalo and Case. I'd actually also take out both of the Midwesterns because if I'm not mistaken, they have a GPA cutoff of 3.0 so you'd get auto-rejected from them, but I'd call them up to confirm this. All the other schools are good :) add Nova too. I think your exceptionally high DAT will make up for your GPA. Good luck!

I would do a bit more research. I’m a Cali resident applying this cycle as well but I know some of those schools on your list, like LECOM don’t really accept much OOS students. I might be mistaken, but that’s what I’ve read on the forums. Also with UCLA, I know there is a cutoff just like @DentalNucleicAcid said. A lot of schools have a 3.0 cutoff so I would dig into that to make sure your money isn’t wasted.
I plan to apply this coming cycle and was hoping to get some feedback on my school list

my stats:
  • overall GPA 3.02
  • sGPA 2.96
  • DAT score: 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT
  • about 100 hours of shadowing and will have more by the time I apply
  • I don't have many EC's other than a few clubs and one or 2 leadership positions from college, some volunteer work and hobbies
  • I am a california resident
  • retook some classes at a CC to raise my GPA
My school list so far: 25 schools (kind of a lot, I know)
BU, Tufts, USC, NYU, UCSF, Midwestern (AZ), Rutgers, Western, Case Western, UNE, UDM, TEMPLE, UNLV, ATS, Touro, UOP, Midwestern (IL), UMD, Indiana, University of Colorado, University of Buffalo, University of Michigan, University of Pittsburgh, UCLA, OHSU, LECOM

Are there any schools I should consider adding or removing? I'm not even close to the average enrollee GPA for a lot of these schools so should I even bother applying?
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated