three C's so far, help! I need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicinePunkin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have posted here before and I read the forums oftenly. Today I found out that I will have three C's and two A's on my transcript. I am a first semester freshman. After I realized this I became somewhat discouraged. The C's are in Botany Lab, Botany, and the first level of Chemistry. I could have gotten A's in all of those classes but I wasn't focused and I didn't study enough for my exams (I waited unti'l the last minute). I love science it's my passion but I just didn't put all of my time and effort into those classes probablly being distracted by all of the activities on campus that one like me can so easily fall into. I however realize alot of mistakes that I have made that may have lead to this. I have heared some people say that getting below a "B" in a class is your death ticket from med school. I believe that statement is false though. Anyone with any encouraging words or advice? I really hate that I got those "C"s but they are most certainly not representative of my true academic abilities. It seems so funny b/c those were easy classes to me it's just that I didn't put much needed time into them.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

u could retake the classes or make up for them by taking advanced classes, either way there are still ways to make up for ur Cs and they shouldnt affect ur medical school applications significantly, my 2 cents

you made a mistake in your study habits. if you learn from your mistakes and fix your study habit problem then you'll be fine. an upward trend looks great on an app. so, you're fine, just work on improving your study habits.