Three thin envelopes!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dynamite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, i received three rejections today. needless to say, i'm a little disappointed. UCSF and UW were not surprises. i don't have the life experience or numbers for UCSF, and i'm not a region applicant for UW. but my rejection from GWU kinda sucked. arrgh. first, don't hear anything for two months. then, two interviews to get my hopes up. now three rejections. well, i'm happy for the interviews. and i should be flattered that i got a secondary for UCSF. i really hope i don't receive any more bad news for this winter break. sorry guys. had to vent a little. to those who haven't heard anything, don't worry. it's better than a rejection. and a rejection isn't all that bad. at least i don't have to wonder anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Dynamite you know whats messed up, is that I was rejected by georgetown and then the next day I received the your application is complete postcard. What kind of ****zz is this? GT is one of this fu*#$@ked up schools which that has a good old boys feel. Someone who worked there told me that the place reeks of politicsas expected, ,people withpeople par credentials getting inbecause they are white, well to do, and graduated either from bob jones u or other schools like that. My advice forget GT, its way to expensive of a school to be ranked 43thin the country. Besides theie mtch list is not impressive at all.

Hey dynamite,

I am really sorry to hear about your bad news. I've had my share of rejections..and they still hurt. But..I am sure your other schools will pick up speed in spring and you will have more options.

btw..did you interview at GWU? if not, then perhaps you can appeal? It might help.

Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
dynamite - do not trip - many of us in are in the same boat. got an einstein rejection yesterday. also got a second rejection from UCSF after I appealed the first. just remember that it is all kind of random and it is nothing personal. good luck at those schools you have already interviewed at, and i hope more interviews are on the way for you.

Dynamite, did you interview at GW and then get rejected by GW? Forget about UCSF, that school's got an ego problem, but the bottom-line is, the UC hospitals are losing money like crazy (because of a large population using Medicaid) and their egos are the last pathetic outcry for recognition. Georgetown is weird, I have friends who were accepted to JHU and U Penn and never gotten an interview from GT. But I am curious as to whether or not you actually interviewed at GW, please let me know...

Ashas--

The same thing happened to me last year. The rejection letter and the complete application postcard were postmarked the same day. Frankly, I'm surprised GT sprung for the extra postage rather than just sending them in the same envelope!

Who cares, you have two interviews so your in better shoes than many others out there apllying. I had the same thign happen with 4 rejections in one day. Just move on and charm them in the interviews (if you haven't had them yet). If you have then hopefully a rejection letter won't come from them. Then it'd really be time to complain.