threw my pencil (expensive mechanical pencil) across library

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liveoak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was grading my VR test, and missed 6 in a row. I was so pissed i threw my pencil across the library. every 1 looked at me all weird and i immediately felt like a massive jackass.

anyway, thought it was an adorable story that i needed to share :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it's adorable.

Or maybe you need to put on your big kid pants and stop throwing hissy fits.

i was grading my VR test, and missed 6 in a row. I was so pissed i threw my pencil across the library. every 1 looked at me all weird and i immediately felt like a massive jackass.

I remember throwing some tumor slides across the lab (about 50 feet) because I was working on troubleshooting a TUNEL stain and it had been about the 10th time I tried it. I had had it. The results looked fake.

The next day, I found out that I had performed the staining correctly.:p

Members don't see this ad :)

You might want to look into some sort of anger management class before you, ya know, work with patients.

Though, to be honest, the most disturbing part of the story isn't that you threw a pencil because you were mad, it's that you think it's adorable. Are you five years old?

Dont get mad, get that sinking feeling in your stomach that makes you feel like ur the biggest idiot ever... like me! ^_^

Then study harder.

Dont get mad, get that sinking feeling in your stomach that makes you feel like ur the biggest idiot ever... like me! ^_^

Then study harder.

Don't get mad. Get GLAD.

Then AFTER you take the MCAT, you can throw your books into said GLAD bags, and chuck them into the nearest dumpster.

(Man, I'm cheeeeeeesy)

Don't get mad. Get GLAD.

Then AFTER you take the MCAT, you can throw your books into said GLAD bags, and chuck them into the nearest dumpster.

(Man, I'm cheeeeeeesy)

Where's the "like" button?! :thumbup: will have to do. lol can't wait til it's over!

Liveoak, why'd you chuck the expensive mechanical pencil? Didn't we tell you to use the CHEAP YELLOW #2 PENCIL instead? I mean, if we're going to alleviate this anger of yours, you got to use the right associative item.

CHEAP YELLOW #2 PENCIL = test triggering item.

EXPENSIVE MECHANICAL PENCIL = triggers thoughts of $$$ and being a $$$-paid doctor and marrying a $$$digger.

Uh duh.

Next time, don't be an idiot and through expensive stuff. Just through a chair. Now THAT is adorable

Just missed 7 in a row :( But kept my cool. Apparently timing for 10 mins versus 7 mins does not make a difference.

I remember throwing some tumor slides across the lab (about 50 feet) because I was working on troubleshooting a TUNEL stain and it had been about the 10th time I tried it. I had had it. The results looked fake.

The next day, I found out that I had performed the staining correctly.:p

Honestly, this brings up some really awesome philosophy of science stuff about observation, prior knowledge, and our expectations when 'experimenting'.

'Understanding' is a philosophical conundrum that I love studying in a philosophy of science context.

Were you trying that new strategy where you don't read the passage at all?

I just sprayed coffee on my work keyboard/monitor. Thanks.

Or a child.

Defenestrate a small child.

Profit?

Defenestrate a small child.

Profit?

Hey, if the parents hated the kid, there may be a sizable profit. I'm sure Casey Anthony would have bought into it. Then again, that's what adoption services and the foster care system are for, right?