time to get amcas verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhop

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyon know how long it usually takes to get verified for ppl who have submitted in the past week?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS at about 10pm last Thursday. I was processed today at about noon. :D

EDIT: I had my transcripts sent about a month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted AMCAS stuff on the 6th.....they are just reviewing it today....i wonder what the heck took so long!!!!

last year it took maybe a week to a week and a half to get everything verified for me-I already had my transcripts in though.

I wonder why the variance in verification time? Perhaps due to the # of schools attended (grad school / transferred colleges, etc..) they have to verify more courses look at more transcripts. Still that should be another day at most, right?

JennSong said:
I don't honestly care that much. A day or two isn't going to make a difference when it comes to acceptances, and the variations between verficiation time seem to be in the range of days.

I don't think # of classes/schools has anything to do with it, if the transcrpits are received. It says that mine is "in line" to be looked at, so they probably just do them one after another.

I wish it'd tell us we're # xy in line.

This last week before mcat scores come out is just nerve wrecking!

Still not verified. I assume it should be done early this week. Maybe it depends which pile they wind up in, i.e. some verifiers may work more quickly than others?

When doing rolling admissions, do they care when you submitted your AMCAS, or does waiting for your transcripts to be received also delay things? I submitted mine June 5, but my uni didn't send out my transcripts until last friday. Does anyone know?

Eros & Thanatos said:
When doing rolling admissions, do they care when you submitted your AMCAS, or does waiting for your transcripts to be received also delay things? I submitted mine June 5, but my uni didn't send out my transcripts until last friday. Does anyone know?

amcas has to have your transcripts before they can verify your app. they won't send your app to schools until it's verified. so yeah, they have to wait for your transcripts. don't worry though, it's really early, so your app should get verified and sent to schools in the first batch (which was sent early july last year).

My uni sent out my transcripts on Friday. AMCAS must have received my stuff by now. Does it take a day or two for them to update that they have my transcript?