This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaulitza

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
might as well do this since I was looking for a short, concise schedule to study for the DAT but they were all so lengthy and complicated so i had to make my own.
made 23 bio, 23 genchem, 24 orgo, 27 reading, 30 QR, 23 PAT, and 23 TS 25 AA in case ya'll dont believe my study sched worked :<
I want to help others out that could use this schedule to be admitted to dental school.

* i studied during the summer but im sure you guys are smart enough that if you're doing it during the school year just cut the daily goals by half so you only need to spend like 3 or 4 hours a day and can finish in 2 months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview and materials used:

- bio: feralis bio notes (free) + DAT destroyer bio problems (bought a used DAT destroyer + math destroyer from SDN user was around $110)
- gen chem: princeton DAT review chemistry section (around $30? from amazon)
- orgo: chads videos and quizzes (the paid DAT version on coursesaver was about $40 for a month i think they have promo codes just ask)
- reading: DAT Bootcamp 5 reading passages (bootcamp was around $110 with promo code just ask)
- QR/math: DAT Destroyer math book (memorize the equations given at the beginning of the book literally all you really need to know)
- PAT- Crack the DAT PAT Ace edition but tbh you probs can get by with the King edition ($100)

total cost- around $400
or cheaper if you have friends who already took the DAT or buy used. or if you dont need all these resources cause bootcamp covers a lot but i wanted to pass the first time so i picked the best materials for each subject after i researched online. Also i think the kaplan blue book works well for the genchem instead of the princeton if you want to get that instead. tbh the best thing you can do is pay attention in your college classes and try to retain what you learn from college.

***but the most important materials i feel like you NEED at minimum are feralis, DAT bootcamp, chads, and the equations from the first page of the dat destroyer math book which im sure you can borrow from a friend. (that'll only set you back about $150 to ensure your future if you're confident but $400 for me was the amount i felt like i could get away with for studying and passing the first time around w/o having to pay thousands for a DAT course)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline: Overall I gave myself 4 weeks to study but I was prepared by 3. I usually took whole day sunday as a break and chilled out everyday after I was done reaching my goal for the day. I started studying at noon and usually finished my days goal around 10 pm depending on how much i slacked off. If i worked very hard, I'd be able to finish from 12 till 6 pm. i spent a lot of my time hanging out with friends and stuff so i think 4 weeks is plenty during the summer.

Below i'll give the overall goal per week and my daily goal.

week 1- read most of feralis notes (while taking my own notes on it) and go over all chads and gen chem from Princeton review while doing one math and PAT test a day
--- since theres 80+ page notes, I did 8 pages feralis at least per day
--- there were about 33 videos (14 hr) so i watched either 3 videos or 2 hrs of videos dependng on the length of the videos and did their corresponding quizzes, took notes while watching too on the packets he provides
--- there were 12 chap gen chem in the princeton book, so i read 2 chapters a day and took notes
--- one math destroyer exam per day (memorized the equations on monday first)
--- one crack the DAT PAT per day (the Ace edition had 10 total, but i only finished 5)

week 2- finish feralis, go over all the dat destroyer bio problems and most of the destroyer chem and orgo problems (honestly the destroyer chem and orgo problems are extra unless you want that high score or you feel like you didn't solidify what you learned from chad or you want more practice or you have extra time)
--- 8 pages feralis per day so i finished this week
--- there were 500 destroyer bio problems so i did 100 problems per day after i was done with feralis (they seemed super hard but you learn a lot so do them all)
--- did 100 genchem problems a day (think there were 300 total)
--- attemped 100 destroyer orgo problems each day (i think there were 250 problems total) but honestly dont think the orgo was useful so i stopped bc i thought it was too complicated

week 3- On this sunday, I did my first full length practice test on bootcamp to prepare myself on what to expect, then i reviewed anything I'm not too sure about and finish whatever I didn't finish from week 1 and 2. also reviewed things based on how i scored on the practice test.
--- went over sections of feralis and my notes i took on it that i still wasn't sure about and to refresh my memory (also googled any bio things that wasnt clear in feralis)
--- finished any destroyer bio, orgo, or genchem problems i didn't get to in week 2 or the ones i still didn't know how to do/wasn't solidified
--- looked over the two chad orgo packets and memorized all the reactants and products
--- looked over my notes i took on genchem from princeton
--- rememorized the math equations, do destroyer math problems if i wanted more practice
--- did the PAT generator thing on bootcamp every night when i was tired of studying
--- looked up tips and tricks on PAT stuff because i wasn't that good at it
--- whatever else i didnt do from week 1 or week 2 or whatever i wanted to make sure/relearn

week 4- one full length practice test a day and reviewed wrong answers and my notes after (this week was chill cause the test only took 4+ hours and reviewing took 2 hours and i had the rest of the time to hangout with friends and play computer games and whatnot)
--- monday did bootcamp test 2, went over wrong answers and went over all my notes over the stuff i got wrong. practiced more PAT on bootcamp & crack the dat pat for the targeted PAT sections i had trouble with
--- repeat for tues-thurs (test 3-5). boring but i did all of them. did more PAT practice that was section focused.
--- friday take the 2007 official DAT test thats available for free
--- saturday really relaxed but i guess you can go briefly look over your notes and rememorize anything
--- sunday really chill again and just skimmed over the bio hormones, math equations, orgo reactants, gen chem stuff, and did a few PAT generator problems and looked over tips for the DAT in general (spent like 1 hour total this day and chilled out the rest of the day but i slept really early)

TEST DAY monday- woke up early, ate a good breakfast, skimmed notes in the car, went in and wrecked the test
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly this schedule is so chill cause theres so much leeway and extra time built in it that you dont have to worry if you're behind a day or something. You can always study for more than 6 hr a day if you were behind the day before, study like 2 hr a day if you have other stuff to do, or study a bit on sunday. or idk but it's super duper chill and easy yet fast and you can finish in less than a month. You know how you work and study so this is just a guide example. the week goals i think are pretty accurate but its up to you to split them into smaller daily goals

Please tell me if this works for you! and feel free to ask me any questions :) really honestly want to help others.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take you to review the math destroyer exams did you watch any videos on the specific topic?

How long did it take you to review the math destroyer exams did you watch any videos on the specific topic?

each exam was scheduled to be 45 min for 50 problems. so 45 minutes per exam. maybe 15 min to go over my mistakes. and no i didn't watch any videos on the topic. i think the solutions in the book were pretty good at explaining the problems and answers